THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quote of the day: “It’s more fun to be a pirate than to join the navy.”– Steve Jobs

Happy hump daaaaaay!!! Good morning folks!!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Off center ?
I don't have any experience with Morgan dollars.

Looks almost like a split rim, but not really.
=======

No offense BC, but unless it is obvious, I don't waste my time on coin defects.
"If" I was to stare at a coin long enough, I could convince myself it moved its eyes. :icon_scratch:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
=======

No offense BC, but unless it is obvious, I don't waste my time on coin defects.
"If" I was to stare at a coin long enough, I could convince myself it moved its eyes. :icon_scratch:

I so get what you are saying!
I'm the opposite.
I'm mainly looking for the things that the die maker tried to remove through polishing.
You know, turn the coin this way and that way, high light, low light, etc..lol

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Here comes the Sun.
Screenshot_2019-09-11-07-06-23.png

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I so get what you are saying!
I'm the opposite.
I'm mainly looking for the things that the die maker tried to remove through polishing.
You know, turn the coin this way and that way, high light, low light, etc..lol
======

My way is NO light. just not enough probability of a lucrative find and say you do find one with a defect that increases that face value 1000 x of 1 cent. Just not enough reward. ???
My dad collected coins to help put us through college.
I do have some I have collected, but usually for sentimental reasons or something and definitely not as an investment.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Mocha is on surveillance duty until your drone is operational ?

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning RR :hello:
Did you make it down to the wharf :laughing7:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
What are you looking for ?
An old 60s toy semi ?
History of a company called Winross ?

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
18 years ago today, my mom was getting ready to leave for school, to work at her job as a teacher in Manassas Virginia. My dad went to work at his fire department, Dulles International Airport, early in the morning. He remembers watching Flight 77 taking off at the runway.

Business went as usual at the department. After roll call, they set about with gear maintenance, and small jobs. Then around 9:00am, one of my dad's friends turned on the TV, and was shocked to see the Twin Towers in flames. The whole department was empty, except for that one breakroom with the TV. A few were in tears, a few with blank expressions, all shocked to see what was happening. One of his friends said, "My God, we are at war". Everyone knew what he meant.

Soon after 9:30, they learned that the Pentagon was hit. The chief yelled out that they were going. They were called to the Pentagon.

My dad threw on his gear, and called my mom who was in hysterics. When he said he was going to the Pentagon, she was understandably upset. Then the entire fire station left towards the wreckage of the Pentagon.

My dad drove one of the trucks there, and helped stop the blaze, and ensure folks got out. He, along with several of his fire fighter friends, volunteered to help search for dead or wounded people. All night long, my dad would tag body parts - half burned entrails, arms, legs, and pieces of someones head. My dad didn't sleep for almost a week after that. Neither did my mom.

My dad never told me this, it was my mom. She said that he didn't even tell her everything he saw.

A few days ago, one of my dads close friends who was with him at the Pentagon, died due to not wearing a proper face mask, and getting cancer.

My dad went outside this morning at 5:30, and he has been slowly working on small projects. He wants nothing to do with the TV today, and he just wants to be let alone. I can honestly say, that this event changed his life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread