THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has got me intrigued :icon_scratch: If its not a quarts vein ,then what is it ? Its Way back in the woods away from any homes/roads/people.So what is it ??? Any ideas ? This is as far I can zoom in.
003.JPG

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looky! Looky! Somebody is hooky'd :headbang: Nicely done:occasion14:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This has got me intrigued :icon_scratch: If its not a quarts vein ,then what is it ? Its Way back in the woods away from any homes/roads/people.So what is it ??? Any ideas ? This is as far I can zoom in. View attachment 1999222
Morning RTR
If this was an area that has produced gold in the gold rush era, I would say it could be the separation of the panning/tailings.
But in the areas that I have seen it's usually along the banks of the rivers and streams-not mid stream as this.
Unless the stream bed changed course over a century and the sand bar built up on the bank-side of the tailings.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good morning all...actually I've been up since 1230 hrs. my time. :icon_salut:

This has got me intrigued :icon_scratch: If its not a quarts vein ,then what is it ? Its Way back in the woods away from any homes/roads/people.So what is it ??? Any ideas ? This is as far I can zoom in.

It is a creek entering another stream, or a channel the stream has cut
through the sandbar. If you can access it, it would definitely be a spot
I'd do some test panning.
digging_zpsefcf9a69.gif

I marked your image to show the water direction.

003.JPG

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I'd do some test panning. View attachment 1999235

View attachment 1999234
Those might be some pretty good sized boulders in that view.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is this really what it pays-or a pipe dream?

How much money do you make per 1000 views on YouTube?

The actual rates an advertiser pays varies, usually between $0.10 to $0.30 per view, but averages out at $0.18 per view. On average, a YouTube channel can receive $18 per 1,000 ad views, which equates to $3 - $5 per 1000 video views.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1999234
Thanks I think you nailed it ! Now it looks like a small feeder stream that has cut its way thru a sand bar, down to maybe, Bedrock :)
Timing might be critical when hitting this creek due to rain run-off.And your arrow is differently the water flow. direction.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that should be my companies new slogan WD. :laughing7:

Look here Generac peddler:
You need to heed the customers top complaints and get them forwarded upline.

There are things that make owning a Generac a degree of buyers remorse.

#1. Why is it that prior 20 mile an hour winds knocked out the power , but after the generator was installed , 60 mile an hour winds do nothing?

#2. Test runs at scheduled intervals need a warning beep before firing up and scaring customers and pets and livestock into a temporary levitation while furiously trying to run in vain while treading air.

#3.
Because the power will not go out anymore because a Generac has been installed , how about a quick disconnect to allow multiple homes to use the same generator when made portable?
Just sell a universal home hook up.
(No ,Generac is not going to do that being it is the house side. Understood.)

#4.
While driving ground moles away from generator site when vibration and noise ensues is a good thing , where they go beyond should be something the homeowner is warned may need a war plan for in advance.
Please include the suggestion that to reduce mole and ground dwelling creature stampedes headed elsewhere they be ready at first start up with a fishing net to swoop /swing at startled ground moles , ground squirrels and other ground dwelling creatures when they are startled /scared at first fire up and are temporarily suspended in space three foot above ground treading furiously in thin air. If in a densely populated nightcrawler area , safety glasses or goggles are suggested.
La-Cross sticks may be used. And for Canadians , hocky sticks. Just be aware of nearby windows or delicate items thrown/hit moles may damage.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

View attachment 1999234

Your arrows indicate a most likely best spot for a fish trap. May be after dark till active , unless warm water makes the cooler and more oxygenated end of rapids and riffles a necessity.

Two deltas and six edges showing? A lot of water came down at a couple or more different intervals...
Not seeing any boulders or structure from the blurred view to trap gold. Roots grass ect on deltas might be sniffable if no cobble exists. Maybe a bar below somewhere might hold some something , after checking fishtrap potential sights hole.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning Whadi, I caught the Delta variant after a trip to my US office in September. I had a virtual consult online with my doctor, I got a PCR Test, I was then told to isolate for 14 days. To me it felt like a very bad head cold, my wife's symptoms were more severe though. My asthma flared up and I lost my sense of taste and smell for two months. But we both recovered after 5 - 7 days without any needing any medical attention.
And..........you both were vac'ed?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell my customers, "folks need to buy what works and what they can afford during the current supply chain issues, but all generators are only as good as the maintenance they receive once they're installed." Remember... "The sweetness of the low price will fade, but the bitterness of poor quality will remain forever" ... you get what you pay for people. :thumbsup:

Sorry folks, that's the career 'salesman' coming out of me. :laughing7:
Oh......man! If that were only true!!! :dontknow:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Look here Generac peddler:
You need to heed the customers top complaints and get them forwarded upline.

There are things that make owning a Generac a degree of buyers remorse.

#1. Why is it that prior 20 mile an hour winds knocked out the power , but after the generator was installed , 60 mile an hour winds do nothing?

#2. Test runs at scheduled intervals need a warning beep before firing up and scaring customers and pets and livestock into a temporary levitation while furiously trying to run in vain while treading air.

#3.
Because the power will not go out anymore because a Generac has been installed , how about a quick disconnect to allow multiple homes to use the same generator when made portable?
Just sell a universal home hook up.
(No ,Generac is not going to do that being it is the house side. Understood.)

#4.
While driving ground moles away from generator site when vibration and noise ensues is a good thing , where they go beyond should be something the homeowner is warned may need a war plan for in advance.
Please include the suggestion that to reduce mole and ground dwelling creature stampedes headed elsewhere they be ready at first start up with a fishing net to swoop /swing at startled ground moles , ground squirrels and other ground dwelling creatures when they are startled /scared at first fire up and are temporarily suspended in space three foot above ground treading furiously in thin air. If in a densely populated nightcrawler area , safety glasses or goggles are suggested.
La-Cross sticks may be used. And for Canadians , hocky sticks. Just be aware of nearby windows or delicate items thrown/hit moles may damage.
#5 The service panel needs redesigned. My service technician barely has enough time to service the generator before the ambulance carts him off to the hospital to treat him for anaphylactic shock from all the wasp stings.

Good morning pirates.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread