THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
RR,

Well I'm not a violent person by nature...that said I'd make dam* sure the law took the measures required to teach them a serious lesson.

Otherwise someone would pay....hopefully it doesn't come to that!

I've already compiled a list.

Flippin' off my home, to my face

screaming at my dad

threatening us with retaliation

poaching

trespassing

destruction of private property

intimidation via hanging deer skin on a gate

Firing shots randomly in the air

I'm not a violent person by nature, but I feel it creepin' up inside me now. -_- Good thing the law is on the case now.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RR,

Since the law is on the case time to take a deep breath and back off both physically and emotionally.

You certainly don't deserve or want to be on the wrong side of the law on this one!

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
RR,

Since the law is on the case time to take a deep breath and back off both physically and emotionally.

You certainly don't deserve or want to be on the wrong side of the law on this one!

Definitely not. :) I just want to get my license, get my rail job, and not be bothered with idiots like this any more.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang R.R.....Good on your (and Dad) keeping your head (s) on straight.
Stick with the trespassing charge.
Deliberate , and in your case malicious trespass needs prosecuted to get the non tolerance message across.
I wouldn't hang for the rare mishap. The former owner now deceased from next door had a true vision problem and wandered over lost once on his tractor. No problem by me... I just kept an ear out for a diesel engine approaching for a while after that.
His joke was telling me if he caught me trespassing I'd better run fast cause he had a shotgun. (He nearly blind , and me with one leg.:laughing7:)

I'm fortunate so far not to have trouble on my hunting property , yet.
The neighborhood has , so it's likely a matter of time. Can't just be my reputation keeping ne'er do wells away....
Folks around it have been great though.

Cutting up some venison tonight.
More to do tomorrow.
Watched a buck yesterday afternoon fairly close with a goofy rack he's damaged and I could not grow enough legal antler points...Even with the scope cranked up on channel 12!
Fun to see him up close though.
He's been hanging out farther back about 300 yards and just giving glimpses. (Plus the obvious evidence on trees.)
The wind direction changed the routine , and he followed where a button buck and doe had traveled earlier after they left the swamp.Up to about sixty yards away.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dang R.R.....Good on your (and Dad) keeping your head (s) on straight.
Stick with the trespassing charge.
Deliberate , and in your case malicious trespass needs prosecuted to get the non tolerance message across.
I wouldn't hang for the rare mishap. The former owner now deceased from next door had a true vision problem and wandered over lost once on his tractor. No problem by me... I just kept an ear out for a diesel engine approaching for a while after that.
His joke was telling me if he caught me trespassing I'd better run fast cause he had a shotgun. (He nearly blind , and me with one leg.:laughing7:)

I'm fortunate so far not to have trouble on my hunting property , yet.
The neighborhood has , so it's likely a matter of time. Can't just be my reputation keeping ne'er do wells away....
Folks around it have been great though.

Cutting up some venison tonight.
More to do tomorrow.
Watched a buck yesterday afternoon fairly close with a goofy rack he's damaged and I could not grow enough legal antler points...Even with the scope cranked up on channel 12!
Fun to see him up close though.
He's been hanging out farther back about 300 yards and just giving glimpses. (Plus the obvious evidence on trees.)
The wind direction changed the routine , and he followed where a button buck and doe had traveled earlier after they left the swamp.Up to about sixty yards away.

The thing is, these folks are known trespassers, known poachers and everything. They intimidate the rest of the neighborhood, into them not saying anything. We are the first family ever to take a stand against them, and now others are joining suit. It ends now.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
RR
Does your game cam send real time photos? I have two that do. That way you have photos before they screw up your stuff.
Good luck. Hope you guys nail um.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
RR
Does your game cam send real time photos? I have two that do. That way you have photos before they screw up your stuff.
Good luck. Hope you guys nail um.

Yeah, it was one of those cameras they shot. They unloaded a pistol into it, then a rifle. Other cameras may be missing. My parents are looking for them now. Who knows when the cops will show up. Right now, I'm on "picket duty" because these folks can get violent, and have broken into this house before, before we moved here.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sounds like it’s about time for a drive by slapping.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like it’s about time for a drive by slapping.

One day, one of them yahoos my age from that family rode by here waving a certain finger in the air, and I made sure he heard me holler "if you have any b**ls between your legs, get off that ATV and git back here!" Needless to say, he never came back. :/

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The thing is, these folks are known trespassers, known poachers and everything. They intimidate the rest of the neighborhood, into them not saying anything. We are the first family ever to take a stand against them, and now others are joining suit. It ends now.

Watch your backsides...

And know who is behind/responsible for the prosecution. Might be the local district attorney.
Just in case there's a reason the perps have not been straightened out before due to something/some one(s) more local , and things lag too long or are not moved forward....
Plea bargaining can get reduced charges , depending on....how things are done in your jurisdiction.
But nothing says trespass won't be tolerated , like pressing charges. With evidence that can't be ignored/denied.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I guess it’s time for the RCT posey to travel to Kentucky white coats and all to get this straightened out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread