THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend jose who was digging the road for the county when I found my spanish treasure last year.....well......he did real good back at the plant where all the sand went.....he got a large clump of coins.....around 15 pounds !! Cobbs, pillar dollars.....and yes several golds fused in with the silvers. Him and another worker quit and never came back.....he may have went to Mexico!! Im glad he got the coins.....he would never have known to look except for me telling him to sift every inch of 30 truckloads of sand !!
This is the story I got yesterday from one of his former co-workers!! Funny thing is....no one really knows just exactly what treasure and how much treasure I got either.....and I ain't telling.....but the story is starting to make its rounds down here and im getting more and more questions from locals about the finds.....everyone wants to here about it now !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I honestly can't believe a news crew or journalist hasn't tracked me down yet !! I do know this....many people want to team up this season, and everyone wants to hire me for everything from tresurehunting adventures to beach combing and shell diving adventures.....had a couple killer opportunities presented to me yesterday concerning treasure leads. Had our boat basin filled up with some like minded locals who want to do some adventures!! Im really thinking about filming my underwater wrecks in a youtube series.....it takes a team....and fuel money to get it done.....solo dives are not an option !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20220402_154149.jpg

Typical weekend at the family compound....we are right on the route to the islamorada sand bar..... our compound is at the "toilet bowl pass" a very popular short cut enroute to the sand bar !! So that makes our pool a popular stop by boat for friends and family !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_3749.JPEG

Its an awsome spot and were all grateful that my brother-in law has been successful enough to purchase such an incredible property and keep it open to all of us to enjoy !! And yes pepper.....next comes a hundred foot pier out into the bay....this will give us additional boat dockage plus the basin !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well got some horse trading done yesterday with some friends. They dropped off a 115 gallon propane tank in like ne condition that came with the purchase of the granary. I traded 2 sets of large doors that came out of the renovation of the garage a few yrs back. (New roll up door quoted at $6K+) So this will do till the $$$ is flowing again.
Had a lovely walk too the dam/mill pond, lunch, and a -2hr hunt at a well beat site, 5 minutes away.
Hopefully do a post up later-here's the few results.

20220402_220551.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I honestly can't believe a news crew or journalist hasn't tracked me down yet !! I do know this....many people want to team up this season, and everyone wants to hire me for everything from tresurehunting adventures to beach combing and shell diving adventures.....had a couple killer opportunities presented to me yesterday concerning treasure leads. Had our boat basin filled up with some like minded locals who want to do some adventures!! Im really thinking about filming my underwater wrecks in a youtube series.....it takes a team....and fuel money to get it done.....solo dives are not an option !!

I'd be more worried about others tracking me down...
And using an alias while keeping a low profile. Nope , not findin much of anything.

Watch your backside....
You can have a public image. Heck you already do.
Just don't be a target of theft or worse.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well got some horse trading done yesterday with some friends. They dropped off a 115 gallon propane tank in like ne condition that came with the purchase of the granary. I traded 2 sets of large doors that came out of the renovation of the garage a few yrs back. (New roll up door quoted at $6K+) So this will do till the $$$ is flowing again.
Had a lovely walk too the dam/mill pond, lunch, and a -2hr hunt at a well beat site, 5 minutes away.
Hopefully do a post up later-here's the few results.

View attachment 2019036
Golly your lucky..... you get the coolest stuff on your own site.....God only knows what is hiding around your place!!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Relaxing fishing. Yes, he wasn’t going to do tournament’s much this year. But, due to the weather and reschedule, his friend needed a sub, so that’s why he was in it. His attitude changed after Covid. He has other plans for fishing. Tennessee, Louisiana, and who knows where else he will decide to go. He may yet enter a tournament though.
Mornin all.

If it's fun , get him out fishing.
If he ain't smilin after , is it worth it any more?

There's a couple of us that were gung ho who now say ; we used to fish!
Teased a friend a while back with a mega boat on a reservoir out of state that used to ply big water around here , and Canada , about how little he has been out. By telling him he used to fish.....
His reaction was funny. To me anyways.

He'd pick me up around 4-5 A.M. to hit Lake Michigan . Way too early for me.
Kings go deeper with the sunrise , so just fish deeper while well rested was my opinion. l.o.l..

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be more worried about others tracking me down...
And using an alias while keeping a low profile. Nope , not findin much of anything.

Watch your backside....
You can have a public image. Heck you already do.
Just don't be a target of theft or worse.
Well I'm lucky this community is so small.....we all know each other down here for the most part. When it come to treasure spots, maps,wrecks,land sites, and local stories.....well we work together as conchs to help each other out. For us that grew up here....well....we all absolutely know 100% the possibility of finding spanish treasure is real.....most have or know someone who has !! Once your in the club....the info starts to flow and the reality that major finds can still be found is much clearer....even though people know me as that treasure guy now....everything is locked away except my coin I ware !! Everyone is awaiting my wife's new coin to be finished......shouldn't be long.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I'm lucky this community is so small.....we all know each other down here for the most part. When it come to treasure spots, maps,wrecks,land sites, and local stories.....well we work together as conchs to help each other out. For us that grew up here....well....we all absolutely know 100% the possibility of finding spanish treasure is real.....most have or know someone who has !! Once your in the club....the info starts to flow and the reality that major finds can still be found is much clearer....even though people know me as that treasure guy now....everything is locked away except my coin I ware !! Everyone is awaiting my wife's new coin to be finished......shouldn't be long.

Yeah.
I'm not worried about your home network. That's on you.
Rather , someone else.
Not just the transient bums. But more the Bum Farto types. And worse , the two sides and thier links of people on either side of his case. All it took was the governor to get annoyed and folks stated getting grabbed.

Some folks smell money or notoriety in it for them somehow , they get crazy.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a strange island life down here....there are rivals too !! Conch life can be vicious....even amongst ourselves at times....there are secrets kept amongst each little group of like minded men !! All I can say is "the island provides" !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread