THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you guys ready for the Sunday report? Well, youā€™re getting it anyway. After church, I came home and packed up my detecting stuff and I grabbed the two metal detecting toy trucks. I went and picked up the three little grandkids and their mommy, We swung through McDonaldā€™s to get the sonic happy meals (they ran out of the coveted sonic toys and replaced with some off the wall toy= kids were not impressed) , went to the park and ate. Then it was time to play. None of them wanted to detect. They wanted to play on the playground. So, I changed my coil and dawned my gear andā€¦.got caught up in a conversation with the guy in the truck next to me. šŸ˜‚ When I did get to detect,I dug two targets and then these other kids started coming over and wanted to help. So I went back and got the toys out for the kids and I tried to help them. They were having fun, even though they were just finding trash. It was a blast! I just wish they found something cool, even if it was a penny, they would have been thrilled. I am guessing they were 4-6 years old. Hereā€™s what I dug:

View attachment 2023082

Then I gathered up my crew and took them to my house to wait for Grandpa and Daddy to get home. While waiting, we all went out to find the one Easter egg they didnā€™t find on Easter. I told them whoever found it would get a quarter. Grandma found it and the 3 did not pay up. Lol.

After they left and I fed grandpa, I went out to the front field. I found lead( what do you call it? Lead shot?), 3 bullets, a cool chain (definitely going on the she-shed) and some cool rocks).

View attachment 2023093

View attachment 2023097

View attachment 2023094

View attachment 2023095

View attachment 2023096

Then the Mr found an egg by the pond and showed me. We have no idea what kind it is.

View attachment 2023098
It was definitely a great day!
That sounds like a lovely day.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There's a bracelet that goes with this sil er necklace.
High-end pull tabs. :laughing7:
20210805_165350.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Are you guys ready for the Sunday report? Well, youā€™re getting it anyway. After church, I came home and packed up my detecting stuff and I grabbed the two metal detecting toy trucks. I went and picked up the three little grandkids and their mommy, We swung through McDonaldā€™s to get the sonic happy meals (they ran out of the coveted sonic toys and replaced with some off the wall toy= kids were not impressed) , went to the park and ate. Then it was time to play. None of them wanted to detect. They wanted to play on the playground. So, I changed my coil and dawned my gear andā€¦.got caught up in a conversation with the guy in the truck next to me. šŸ˜‚ When I did get to detect,I dug two targets and then these other kids started coming over and wanted to help. So I went back and got the toys out for the kids and I tried to help them. They were having fun, even though they were just finding trash. It was a blast! I just wish they found something cool, even if it was a penny, they would have been thrilled. I am guessing they were 4-6 years old. Hereā€™s what I dug:

View attachment 2023082

Then I gathered up my crew and took them to my house to wait for Grandpa and Daddy to get home. While waiting, we all went out to find the one Easter egg they didnā€™t find on Easter. I told them whoever found it would get a quarter. Grandma found it and the 3 did not pay up. Lol.

After they left and I fed grandpa, I went out to the front field. I found lead( what do you call it? Lead shot?), 3 bullets, a cool chain (definitely going on the she-shed) and some cool rocks).

View attachment 2023093

View attachment 2023097

View attachment 2023094

View attachment 2023095

View attachment 2023096

Then the Mr found an egg by the pond and showed me. We have no idea what kind it is.

View attachment 2023098
It was definitely a great day!
Sounds like you really had a great day of fun.

Can you explain the #4 and #5 picture please.

(Don't tell us it's your new thong bikini to wear around the pool for MR WD):laughing7:
Wait

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is seriously beautiful, Bart. I would be jealous if not for the gift I receive from pepper once a year from Canada. Few of you know he is a member of the Beeroquois Indian Tribe. They make some lovely hand made jewelry. Here is a picture of the gift he sent me this year as a show of friendship.
The Beeroquois make fine jewelry for sure.However the Pop-A-Topatoolis have no rival at the beer can school of art.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beeroquois make fine jewelry for sure.However the Pop-A-Topatoolis have no rival at the beer can school of art.
I had a neighbor that's father was a Pop-A-Topatoolis and mother was a member of the Cherotart Tribe. So he was a Pop-A-Tart.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread