THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of your buddies, Bart.

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
grandpa.png

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Just a reminder - the 12th Annual T-Net cookout is this Saturday April 30 at the Pennwood Motor Lodge in Wabasso, Florida. Starts at noon. Hot dogs, burgers, and bbq ribs will be served. Bring your own adult beverages, and a covered dish if you like.
Admission is free, but donations are always appreciated to help with costs.

Also on Sunday May 1 Captain Bill Black will be hosting the 2nd Treasure Coast Treasure Diving seminar at the same location. He has some great speakers lined up, don't miss it.
Well hello @Boatlode . Good to hear from you. One day, I hope to go to that. I’m sorry I can’t swing it this year.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
We did not find any morel mushrooms yesterday. It was fun to spend time with my son and granddaughter though.
I went to fix us pizza rolls for lunch. The daggum oven quit working. Need to find a repair guy now. Fortunately, I have a double oven, so I can get by.

I went out in the front field again, looking for more cow bling. Now I have to fill you in on something. You guys were talking about Sasquatch and I kept my mouth shut. It was hard, yes, I know. The BuckIdgr‘s gifted Mr WD a Sasquatch silhouette and he has had fun moving it around different places on the farm. So, I got my head phones on and my hoodie over them. I got an excellent target and I dug and dug. Ohio clay and only equipped with a hand trowel. I got deeper than my elbow and it was killing my knees and back, so I laid down and dug. Finally I gave up. Besides I was afraid someone might think I was dead. Lol. I got up an started swinging back towards the house. Got a signal from a bullet(I kinda know that one now) and all of the sudden someone or something was behind me. Scared the bejeebies out of me! It was the 2 kids from across the street. The girl seems to be around 9 and the little guy maybe 5-6. They introduced themselves and was apologizing, lol. It was funny and cute. The little guy has binoculars in his hand and tells me they came over to check me out because he thought Sasquatch came to life. ROFL! He then tells me that his sister has a, “metal deteter.” She corrects him, “detector,” and then turned to me and said, “ It’s just a little one. I am not a professional.” I couldn’t help myself, I laughed and said,” neither am I, sweetheart.” We talked about detecting and I let them dig up the bullet and showed them the other ones I had found. Then, mom came over and apologized for disturbing me. I reassured her that it was okay and not a disturbance. And we talked. I am going to invite them on our group hunts during this summer. I think it’s awesome!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We did not find any morel mushrooms yesterday. It was fun to spend time with my son and granddaughter though.
I went to fix us pizza rolls for lunch. The daggum oven quit working. Need to find a repair guy now. Fortunately, I have a double oven, so I can get by.

I went out in the front field again, looking for more cow bling. Now I have to fill you in on something. You guys were talking about Sasquatch and I kept my mouth shut. It was hard, yes, I know. The BuckIdgr‘s gifted Mr WD a Sasquatch silhouette and he has had fun moving it around different places on the farm. So, I got my head phones on and my hoodie over them. I got an excellent target and I dug and dug. Ohio clay and only equipped with a hand trowel. I got deeper than my elbow and it was killing my knees and back, so I laid down and dug. Finally I gave up. Besides I was afraid someone might think I was dead. Lol. I got up an started swinging back towards the house. Got a signal from a bullet(I kinda know that one now) and all of the sudden someone or something was behind me. Scared the bejeebies out of me! It was the 2 kids from across the street. The girl seems to be around 9 and the little guy maybe 5-6. They introduced themselves and was apologizing, lol. It was funny and cute. The little guy has binoculars in his hand and tells me they came over to check me out because he thought Sasquatch came to life. ROFL! He then tells me that his sister has a, “metal deteter.” She corrects him, “detector,” and then turned to me and said, “ It’s just a little one. I am not a professional.” I couldn’t help myself, I laughed and said,” neither am I, sweetheart.” We talked about detecting and I let them dig up the bullet and showed them the other ones I had found. Then, mom came over and apologized for disturbing me. I reassured her that it was okay and not a disturbance. And we talked. I am going to invite them on our group hunts during this summer. I think it’s awesome!
Nice story, WD. Got to love kids. Sounds like you have found a new deteter partner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions