THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bite your tongue, sir! Second set refers to younger grandkids. I have been threatening the older two with loads of punishment and pain if they makes me into a great grandma before I turn 60!
With all due respect Granny I was paying you compliment.

Now I'm rooting for the Grandkids 🤣

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20220430_084210.jpg

One open pontil medicine bottom, still made me go "right on"
Little lock was cool.
Victorian symbol.
Lead iron thingy
Taco'd half penny
Toe taps
Small button
Little pressed brass depiction of a standing guy, knife plate?
Will go show the crotchety owner the wealth.
At least the site was there as mapped.
1500ft from the car.
Darn trains were noisy.
20220430_084210.jpg
20220429_182952.jpg
20220429_150737.jpg
20220429_144404.jpg

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all due respect Granny I was paying you compliment.

Now I'm rooting for the Grandkids 🤣
View attachment 2023870

One open pontil medicine bottom, still made me go "right on"
Little lock was cool.
Victorian symbol.
Lead iron thingy
Taco'd half penny
Toe taps
Small button
Little pressed brass depiction of a standing guy, knife plate?
Will go show the crotchety owner the wealth.
At least the site was there as mapped.
1500ft from the car.
Darn trains were noisy. View attachment 2023870 View attachment 2023871 View attachment 2023872 View attachment 2023873
Nice. Thanks for sharing pepper.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, excellent recoveries. Do you think the land owner would want any of it?
I have yet to have one permission ask for anything, but who knows with this one.

It's a farmer that I would classify as a dirty farmer-burns the bale wraps in the outdoor wood furnace.
Yard looks like a hurricane hit it, just not tidy like most farms are in the area.

Just providing the information that a site existed on the land is a feather in my cap. :headbang:

When I asked him if he'd disced up any glass or brick/stone the answer was a flat "NO, Never seen any in the field"

Oh I will tell him that I tossed the 15 R/R spikes back over to the track side, and all the heavy steel was tossed also off the field.
Must be not paying much attention to the ground as the equipment goes over the field. Probably lots of eyeball finds once the bean rotation is in the field.
Maybe a short look see once it is disc'd up later this spring before planting.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I have yet to have one permission ask for anything, but who knows with this one.

It's a farmer that I would classify as a dirty farmer-burns the bale wraps in the outdoor wood furnace.
Yard looks like a hurricane hit it, just not tidy like most farms are in the area.

Just providing the information that a site existed on the land is a feather in my cap. :headbang:

When I asked him if he'd disced up any glass or brick/stone the answer was a flat "NO, Never seen any in the field"

Oh I will tell him that I tossed the 15 R/R spikes back over to the track side, and all the heavy steel was tossed also off the field.
Must be not paying much attention to the ground as the equipment goes over the field. Probably lots of eyeball finds once the bean rotation is in the field.
Maybe a short look see once it is disc'd up later this spring before planting.

I thought you had the iron (as in ironing cloths) from an old Monopoly game in your recoveries.
Looking at pictures online , they had round handles though.....

Looks worth another hunt or two for sure.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saying hi....had a nice safe trip, and were catching fish....weather is moving in so ill be hunting tomorrow.....went and mudlarked after fishing....no detector.....did great and got potsherds going back as far as late 1700s !! Hope your all well !!
IMG_20220430_212648_012.jpg
IMG_6099.jpg

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saying hi....had a nice safe trip, and were catching fish....weather is moving in so ill be hunting tomorrow.....went and mudlarked after fishing....no detector.....did great and got potsherds going back as far as late 1700s !! Hope your all well !! View attachment 2024095 View attachment 2024096
Thanks for sharing and keep us posted. I hope your fishing is great and you find a huge treasure, one big enough to share with us all. If it is not big enough for all, just remember I am your buddy. Seriously, good luck, Bart.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions