THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure story :
Yesterday we went to Egg island reef to fish....this is a very old island history wise, and many treasure tales swirl about gold on the island and in the surrounding waters. There is very little traffic except for a stray sailboat or an occasional fishing boat in this area !! So we are there fishing for snapper, and......low and behold.....a boat is approaching. At first from 4-6 miles im thinking bahamian defense force is steaming directly at us from Nassau !! But at 3 miles out I recognize one of the only treasure boats working in bahamian waters.....Carl Allen and the treasure boat "AXIS" !! So im expecting him to go steaming by and head into spanish wells, but no.....he slows and stops 300 yards off our port side, and begins to hover over a target.....now I know Dan porter who runs the treasure op, but I decide to not try and call on the radio.....im sure they were doing a side scan survey, and I wasn't sure if Dan was onboard. So instead of saying a word we took his numbers off the AIS system !! He stayed over the target for 30 minutes. They never launched the sub, and turned around and steamed toward the berry islands.....Gone !! So this pirate now has the numbers to a wreck off egg island.....researching years back I know there was a missing spanish wreck here....soooooo !! Ill get back on the books and find the name, and then take the boat out and scan with our own equipment to see whats there !! If Dan new i was on the only fishing boat in the vicinity he would never have even stopped !!:laughing7::laughing7::skullflag::skullflag:.....just like that....the old bahama pirate stole the treasure numbers !! Wonder if I can sell the numbers to some .... other !!treasure hunters !!
ITS A PIRATES LIFE FOR ME !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Only takes a little one to make a smile.

Resized_temp_share_54626194216139.jpeg
Resized_temp_share_54666735347322.jpeg

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure story :
Yesterday we went to Egg island reef to fish....this is a very old island history wise, and many treasure tales swirl about gold on the island and in the surrounding waters. There is very little traffic except for a stray sailboat or an occasional fishing boat in this area !! So we are there fishing for snapper, and......low and behold.....a boat is approaching. At first from 4-6 miles im thinking bahamian defense force is steaming directly at us from Nassau !! But at 3 miles out I recognize one of the only treasure boats working in bahamian waters.....Carl Allen and the treasure boat "AXIS" !! So im expecting him to go steaming by and head into spanish wells, but no.....he slows and stops 300 yards off our port side, and begins to hover over a target.....now I know Dan porter who runs the treasure op, but I decide to not try and call on the radio.....im sure they were doing a side scan survey, and I wasn't sure if Dan was onboard. So instead of saying a word we took his numbers off the AIS system !! He stayed over the target for 30 minutes. They never launched the sub, and turned around and steamed toward the berry islands.....Gone !! So this pirate now has the numbers to a wreck off egg island.....researching years back I know there was a missing spanish wreck here....soooooo !! Ill get back on the books and find the name, and then take the boat out and scan with our own equipment to see whats there !! If Dan new i was on the only fishing boat in the vicinity he would never have even stopped !!:laughing7::laughing7::skullflag::skullflag:.....just like that....the old bahama pirate stole the treasure numbers !! Wonder if I can sell the numbers to some .... other !!treasure hunters !!
ITS A PIRATES LIFE FOR ME !!
Right place at the right time and sense enough to know it! Good luck Bart! You,re a man after my own heart!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread