THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Won the 242C lantern at auction.
Less than a night out , but the most I've paid for a lantern. I think. Or , try to think.
Dang I'm cheap.

Hit a couple big stores today.
Leaf blowers /trimmers prices for battery powered ones. Decent ones. Yikes!
Found one metal patio umbrella stand at Menards. $160 bucks or something like that. (No more resin or concrete ones for me.)
Couldn't lift it into the cart. 68 lbs is over half my weight. Plus wobbling on my one leg.
Got it onto a corner of the cart though. Just not in the cart.
Then set it on floor , then leaned it against the rack I got it off.
In reality , I think it was the price that kept me from carting it. L.o.l..
Bought a hollow plastic piece at likely 20 times what it has into it for material , and a bag of sand to fill it instead.

Looked in the shed earlier today for one I had a couple years ago made of cast iron.
Screw to hold umbrella shaft was seized up I remember. (Thanks for peeing on it dogs.)
You'd have to see my shed inside.... It could still be there.
Found lanterns and stoves though! L.o.l..
Need to clean it out.
Lots of tractor parts for a tractor I no longer own.
I'll save the dash. Make a decoration or something out of it. Sentimental oldie.

JVA!
W.D..
Pop in when ya pop in.
Can always just say hi , or blah , on the way through.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good gravy. Son! You posted it! Geesh! re read your posts.
The bent lady pirate thingy? Didn,t mean any harm by it if that,s it.A thousand thousand apologies and I promise on a dead man,s chest never to do it again. If that,s not it,color me stupid! I,m sorry! Sincerely.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bent lady pirate thingy? Didn,t mean any harm by it if that,s it.A thousand thousand apologies and I promise on a dead man,s chest never to do it again. If that,s not it,color me stupid! I,m sorry! Sincerely.
Come on man! One more time!! Say it with feeling.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Won the 242C lantern at auction.
Less than a night out , but the most I've paid for a lantern. I think. Or , try to think.
Dang I'm cheap.

Hit a couple big stores today.
Leaf blowers /trimmers prices for battery powered ones. Decent ones. Yikes!
Found one metal patio umbrella stand at Menards. $160 bucks or something like that. (No more resin or concrete ones for me.)
Couldn't lift it into the cart. 68 lbs is over half my weight. Plus wobbling on my one leg.
Got it onto a corner of the cart though. Just not in the cart.
Then set it on floor , then leaned it against the rack I got it off.
In reality , I think it was the price that kept me from carting it. L.o.l..
Bought a hollow plastic piece at likely 20 times what it has into it for material , and a bag of sand to fill it instead.

Looked in the shed earlier today for one I had a couple years ago made of cast iron.
Screw to hold umbrella shaft was seized up I remember. (Thanks for peeing on it dogs.)
You'd have to see my shed inside.... It could still be there.
Found lanterns and stoves though! L.o.l..
Need to clean it out.
Lots of tractor parts for a tractor I no longer own.
I'll save the dash. Make a decoration or something out of it. Sentimental oldie.

JVA!
W.D..
Pop in when ya pop in.
Can always just say hi , or blah , on the way through.
What does a night out cost?

Tuesday night, my son and his woman, their 3 kids, my daughter and myself met at the theater to watch ( big surprise here) Sonic 2. So 7 admissions, biggest popcorn and 7 drinks. I pulled out a $50.00. The cashier was highly impressed, $49.50, I got $0.50 change. She said I was a pro. 😂 😂😂😂

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe de piratey lady twernt thinking very lady likes. Might’ve drinked too much Cap’n’s private stock. Best be finding me an empty barrel to hide in.

1651807094587.gif

1651807119274.gif

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
What does a night out cost?

Tuesday night, my son and his woman, their 3 kids, my daughter and myself met at the theater to watch ( big surprise here) Sonic 2. So 7 admissions, biggest popcorn and 7 drinks. I pulled out a $50.00. The cashier was highly impressed, $49.50, I got $0.50 change. She said I was a pro. 😂 😂😂😂
What's a night out cost?
Tonight's (lantern) cost $52.78 to be exact.
L.o.l..

Putting you within 3 dollars!
Wouldn't you rather have had a lantern you could all sit around?
The youngsters could burn thier fingers. Maybe hurt thier eyes looking at it.
If they got bored you could tell them to catch the bugs attracted to it.
Heat marshmallows over it ect..

Hmm. It's not working for ya is it......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions