THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart.......

Its cold here... arggg..., temp there >?

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MAn o man days like this I miss The Keys.

Been a long while... too long.

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning AARC, bil, WD, RR, GB, TC, RC,...........

Good night Simon,.....

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning (well, it is here) all, especially the recent re-arrivers. As a newcomer, I need to catch up with some of these 'in-jokes'.

I would love to help you with those!

I am a nice, sweet, little old lady from Ohio. 2 kids and 5 grand kids. I work with my hubby and fish with him, and help him with an outreach program for veterans. Some peeps call me "WD" (no need to spell it all out) or "Sis" (which is cool, since I can't be called by my real name). :angel10:

Alas, de pirates on de thread make me out to be some sort of rum drinking, floosy, drunken pirate wench aboard de pirate ship, RCT, where ARC is de Captain. Most'n 'im be drunk on rum and treasure, mostin' he be in de treasure room, passed out and **poofing**, stinking it up. Beeps and I, well, we be procurring de rum and stocking de rum room. What'ere dees pirates say 'bout us sneaking in while de Cap'n is passed out, and stealing rum and treasure, is total malrky! Bart keeps us supplied with fish and treasure. A very exciting pirate with exciting adventures to share. However, he will out you if you are trying to play like Mary Read and dress like a boy! Bill, oh Bill, he is a sly one. He keeps us well fed and educated on all types of subjects. He comes across as quite the gentleman, but trust me when I say, underneath all of that he be a pirate! GB1 and Rusty Relics, young, smart de be, li'l powder mokeyes! Dem get some purty good treasures too! Den, der be ECS, Rook, Simon (also a cabin boy), SanMan, and Tom, all rotten bloody pirates! Easier ta make 'em walk de plank, den to walk de straight and narrow! Der be much many pirates a comin' and goin' on de ship: Toecutter, Matal Arch, Rusty, er, I forgit, was it Rusty Gold (?), Worldtalker, Kiddo sumpin, sumpin,Relevant Chair, Peyton Manning and RTR (both MIA fer a spell), let me think... Er, Argh! I taint memberin dem all.
We be mutinous at times. Cap'n has suff'rd through a few of his ships. De sink from time to time, ya see. Bloody big pics and gifs be da cause. Worse den a cannon shot, so we found. Started a fireship. Named it Gifs, Pics, and More. Some of dees pirates just have to post dem silly gifs! Plus we use it to post our treasures. Host dem on de fire ship and link dem to dis thread. Dat way de fireship can sink and RCT can stay afloat. At least dats what we be hopein' fer it to be. We be liking to qoute piratey quotes and play piratey music videos. FYI, videos do not cause de ship to be sinkin'.

Jes be yur piratey self!

“Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.”
― Captain Jack Sparrow

Last edited:

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry you're not feeling well AARC,........

In cases like this I always think the same,...........

"What would a pirate do?"

And yes,.... the answer is most often "Rum",......

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red-Coat,........ RC,.....

I like Brits,.... they're a good bunch,......

I remember the days of getting things done,...... "Bristol Fashion"

So I will add to WD's dialog,.... so that you will feel more to home,....

We have a nice ship,.... a diverse crew, even a professional in the field down in the islands,...

The point is to stay afloat,..... stick together, and guard the stock pile of rum.

WD did lay out the characters,....... you,..... because of your accent,......

We will use you in the case there is trouble with the law,......

That accent will come in handy,.... you will be,..."The expert from afar"

The group of us will dance down the court house steps thanks to you're expertise.

And if it is discovered that you are not a barrister,....... we will still dance down the steps,..

and return to free you,.... sword in hand, smelling of rum.

Feel free to ask any questions you like,.........we want you to be comfortable,...

Oh,......to be here, among these seagoing, rum swilling, trouble makers,.......

it's helps a great deal to be at least "partially" insane,.......

Just saying,.....

"I'm a pirate damit,.... born and bred"
Author Unknown

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Blimey! I forgot about Duckshot! Hunter and fisherman who is/was having an identity crisis and be looking for a new name. He can be fun or serious. Depends on the rum.

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blimey! I forgot about Duckshot! Hunter and fisherman who is/was having an identity crisis and be looking for a new name. He can be fun or serious. Depends on the rum.

A good decent man,.... offered for me to come and hunt as his guest.

Old school hospitality,........

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

That story reads familiar to me. I believe I read it before. Still making that breakthrough will help unravel the history of the Incas.

We went on a tour of some Mayan ruins. I may have already told this. The guide said that the Mayans were over 2 million people and that contrary to what people think, they are not gone. They have just blended in with society. But their history / customs are not taught in schools. Every thing that is known is orally passed on through the family.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afternoon to all aboard the RCT pirate ship, and those else wheres.

Welcome aboard JohnWick, grab some rum.

Captain...put down the tv remote and pick up the rum cup...less aggravation.

WD well stated as to the affairs of we pirates.
Likes are easy compared to fighting with auto correct.

Thank you Bill not sure what form I'm in but it'll have to do.

Aww, thanks sanmam and crew mates for hauling me outta the hoosegow...they have NO rum in there! We'll raid the place and get your hot wheels & stuff back...and maybe more stuff.
Hello there Rook, you out gliding in the wind?

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Aww, thanks sanmam and crew mates for hauling me outta the hoosegow...they have NO rum in there! We'll raid the place and get your hot wheels & stuff back...and maybe more stuff.

We all pitched in,.........

First thought was to storm the prisoner holding area in an armed assault,......

AARC stopped us,...
He said the the Aussie's have a fully modern navy and our galleon could not out run them.

So, we went the money route,..... and got you the hell out of there.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Afternoon Sanman and Msbeepbeep

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lieutenant rook,.........

How goes the struggle?,................

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beeps,

Since both you and ARC and kind of under the weather this one's for both of you.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Stalingrad t1n3026.jpg

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to help you with those!

…. Jes be yur piratey self!

“Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.”
― Captain Jack Sparrow

To err is human. To aaaarr is pirate.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I thank you one and all for busting me out of there! Rum for all...and all for rum!

Bill if we are ruminated our conditions are great! Don't feel a thing! ...see a thing..remember a thing! Rum num! yum yum!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions