THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning everyone.....welcome back rook !!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning pirates.

TH, the orange app, is the one i had to down load on my LG ph about 2 years ago in order to to be able to interact with T Net. I guess it was when T NET updated or changed providers.
The reason i call it the orange app is, the info bar at the top of the page is orange.

The old app has a black & gold emblem. I can still use it but i can't interact & can't access some of the newer posts.

Also i seem to have notifications (??? --- a little bell symbol with numbers on it)
When clicked on shows posts that i have supposedly responded to, or thread i have supposedly started, in march. But i'm pretty sure i haven't because they are not in english, and i haven't started a thread since i started using my ph about 4-5 years ago.
...starting double trouble maybe, but a thread, no.

Signed...the "e" challenged one

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats up w/this site ? Now it wants me to wait for 30 seconds before changing topics ???

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Afternoon folks. Little road trip to Gulf Shores.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Rook! Great to have you back! You must be good luck. finally got my I-pad to connect to a new router, my son did, not me. Bad things would happen if i tried. :laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
FILE UNDER: STRANGE ENCOUNTER WITH ROAD DEBRIS

Today I was driving north on Hwy 441 (yes, the same 441 from Petty's "American Girl") carrying garbage to the refuse center, when an unseen haybale appeared on the road directly in front of me.
I hit that bale with a bone jarring bump, but continued to the reuse center.
As I placed the garbage bags in the crusher, I smelled smoke burning, and figured it was a refuse smell, so back in my vehicle, I drove back on 441 to the Wynn Dixie, pulling into the parking lot.
As I got out, plumes of smoke were billowing from under the hood, which I quickly lifted to discover the cause. A man comes running up, and I tell him I hit a haybale, and he says look underneath.
Half of that bale was on my exhaust pipes and was on fire.
He got done, pulling the hay loose, as a women with a cane joined in poking the hay, as he told me to start and move the vehicle forward, getting beyond the now pile of burning hay.
Getting again, I stomped out the hay fire, scattering it in all directions.
Thanking them, and seeing that there was no real damage, drove home.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I was driving north on Hwy 441 (yes, the same 441 from Petty's "American Girl") carrying garbage to the refuse center, when an unseen haybale appeared on the road directly in front of me.
I hit that bale with a bone jarring bump, but continued to the reuse center.
As I placed the garbage bags in the crusher, I smelled smoke burning, and figured it was a refuse smell, so back in my vehicle, I drove back on 441 to the Wynn Dixie, pulling into the parking lot.
As I got out, plumes of smoke were billowing from under the hood, which I quickly lifted to discover the cause. A man comes running up, and I tell him I hit a haybale, and he says look underneath.
Half of that bale was on my exhaust pipes and was on fire.
He got done, pulling the hay loose, as a women with a cane joined in poking the hay, as he told me to start and move the vehicle forward, getting beyond the now pile of burning hay.
Getting again, I stomped out the hay fire, scattering it in all directions.
Thanking them, and seeing that there was no real damage, drove home.

You are supposed to drive around the hay bales... not over them. :)

Glad your ok.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning pirates.

TH, the orange app, is the one i had to down load on my LG ph about 2 years ago in order to to be able to interact with T Net. I guess it was when T NET updated or changed providers.
The reason i call it the orange app is, the info bar at the top of the page is orange.

The old app has a black & gold emblem. I can still use it but i can't interact & can't access some of the newer posts.

Also i seem to have notifications (??? --- a little bell symbol with numbers on it)
When clicked on shows posts that i have supposedly responded to, or thread i have supposedly started, in march. But i'm pretty sure i haven't because they are not in english, and i haven't started a thread since i started using my ph about 4-5 years ago.
...starting double trouble maybe, but a thread, no.

Signed...the "e" challenged one

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Sounds like your talking about Tapatalk, it has Orange bar at top.

Have you tried using your smartphone like a PC and use desktop version to access site? That is what I am using right now in my Samsung .note 8

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just finished crawling on my belly to sneak up on some nice bucks in the field. I didn't get a shot. I forgot my SD card. :laughing7:

After how many botched photo attempts will I learn? ???

Sorry I haven't been on here much lately.

There are two artillery shells I like the looks of, and for cheap. I plan on buying both of them, cleaning the rust off, then re-selling them and use the profit to buy a nice shell I really like, or if I'm lucky, a plate.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi Rook! Great to have you back! You must be good luck. finally got my I-pad to connect to a new router, my son did, not me. Bad things would happen if i tried. :laughing7:

I try

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
moray-eel-pattern.jpg

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops... repeated picture post... sorry...

SO.... uin that case...

Telephone wire bowl anyone ?

Telephonewirebowlcollection.jpg Telephone-Wire-Bowl-Mixed-11x4cm.jpg 91mwx7St4jL__SY500_.jpg

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Goodnight everyone. I'll try and socialize more tomorrow...as long as I steer clear from the projectile pages...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
ECS,

You were lucky it could have been a lot worse.

Much worse was when I was driving through the Ocala National Forest after a Jacksonville gig of a band I managed when a deer ran in front of my Jeep 4x4 Cherokee. I swerved right to avoid , but the deer also swerved with me, colliding with the front end of the Jeep.
For those who are not familiar with the Ocala National Forest, this was in the middle of nowhere, about 20 miles north of Fort McCoy, a crossroads that began as a fort during the Seminole War, but had a 24 Hr Jiffy Store Gas station...
Also in this area of the Forest is a total no light lite black area and a "dead zone" with no cellular phone towers, it was a Fort McCoy make or or bust moment.
Barely made it, the Jeep died with a punctured radiator, but was finally able to make a phone call, got picked up, and the Jeep towed for serious repair the next day...
and the beat goes on...

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread