THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ARC,

From my experience I'd say about 95% of stamp collections are pretty much common stuff which has very little value resale wise be it collectors or dealers.

Odds are that would be the case for coin collections, sports cards, etc....

Considering you've also dabbled with relics and their values you're probably already aware of this.

Most people tend to be accumulators, hoarders, etc....rather than seasoned collectors who are prepared to cough up the serious money for the rarer and more expensive items.

:)

I may need some assistance at some point with several large albums of stamps.

Last edited:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just noticed you got the RCT back up and running but a word of warning...the no shirt policy may be disconcerting due to the fact that here in Oklahoma and several other states woman can now join you in the shirtless thing....case in point they had a topless skate on Riverside in Tulsa Sunday.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening crew mates.

Good going on the hunks of metal Bart. There's a lot of awesome stuff there just waiting for you to find and rescue it.

BC don't worry about it, this crew doesn't need an apology. We are who we are.

Now I've heard of beer bellies, but not rum bellies. Pour another round of rum! :occasion14::occasion14::whip2:
Seems the rum icon is all gone! ....ARC???

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know she is probably mowing the grass with that thing, but it looks like a riding vacuum.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just noticed you got the RCT back up and running but a word of warning...the no shirt policy may be disconcerting due to the fact that here in Oklahoma and several other states woman can now join you in the shirtless thing....case in point they had a topless skate on Riverside in Tulsa Sunday.

Where are they? WHERE ARE THEY!?

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got a few packages today, including one from our very own Peyton Manning. Now I can say that I have bullets dug from Gettysburg by Payton Manning. :laughing7:

Pictures will come tomorrow. It's too dark outside now.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Quote of the day:: "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
--Ronald Reagan
"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose"- Kris Kristofferson

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RR,

Were the bullets dug by Peyton Manning civil war era or more recent vintage fired at him..... :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: Sorry but it was just to tempting....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

I got a few packages today, including one from our very own Peyton Manning. Now I can say that I have bullets dug from Gettysburg by Payton Manning. :laughing7:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Actually from a hill east of gettysburg

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
RR,

Were the bullets dug by Peyton Manning civil war era or more recent vintage fired at him..... :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: Sorry but it was just to tempting....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Nah, these are the real deal, lol! I love examining bullet variations, and I see one CS nose cast bullet, and one that appears to be regulation, but of course I'll have to check it in my book.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning buddy, how's the weather in Florida these days. :thumbsup:
We've got three straight days of rain forecast here in the east. :sadsmiley:

I'm driving to Ottawa today for work, meeting up with my buddy pepperj on Thursday to hit a few early sites in the east.

Have a good day,
Dave

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dave,

I hope you're doing well give my regards to pepperj aka jim cluster.

Regards + HH

Bill
Hi Bill, :hello:
Hope you're doing well these days also.
Yeah, Jim's a really great guy, we meet up a couple of times a year for a hunt when I'm in Ottawa.

I hear through John there's been an ownership change on CMD... might have to swing by for a visit sometime.

Take care buddy,
Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread