jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Bridgeport evening farmer. [volume] (Bridgeport, Conn.), 07 Dec. 1912.

000aaa.jpg

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...xt=&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=11

Not only tooo Lazy to Hunt Treasure ,
But Soooo Lazy he made the Papers for it. :notworthy:

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Bridgeport evening farmer. [volume] (Bridgeport, Conn.), 07 Dec. 1912.

View attachment 1752426

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...xt=&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=11

Not only tooo Lazy to Hunt Treasure ,
But Soooo Lazy he made the Papers for it. :notworthy:

My dad used to tell about this fellow who was lazy. Too lazy to work and feed his family and the kids were going hungry and all.
So the men of the little town had enough. They put a coffin in a wagon and threw the fellow in it. They were going to take him to the cemetery and bury him.
A farmer heard what was going on and threw some corn in a wagon and rode to intercept the party. He caught up, stopped the wagon and said he had corn to spare for the lazy man.
The fellow raised up from his coffin and asked "Is it shucked?"
The man said no. The fellow laid back down in the coffin.
"Drive on."

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One definitiuon of lazy...

While lazy actually means being averse to work or avoiding it, it can also be used to describe something slow-moving or unenergetic, like when you stroll down the garden path with a lazy gait, not in a hurry to get anywhere. The adjective lazy is thought to come from the Low German lasich, meaning "idle or languid."

I remember walking behind a guy at work that walked so slow, that I thought he would lose his balance between steps and tip over because he took way too much time between steps.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My dad used to tell about this fellow who was lazy. Too lazy to work and feed his family and the kids were going hungry and all.
So the men of the little town had enough. They put a coffin in a wagon and threw the fellow in it. They were going to take him to the cemetery and bury him.
A farmer heard what was going on and threw some corn in a wagon and rode to intercept the party. He caught up, stopped the wagon and said he had corn to spare for the lazy man.
The fellow raised up from his coffin and asked "Is it shucked?"
The man said no. The fellow laid back down in the coffin.
"Drive on."

Sounds like a guy we used to call "Stovewood" round these parts. Not sure how, but it seems to be hereditary around these parts. All his kids and grandkids are just like him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread