The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT" (November 1, 2007)

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Re: The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT" (November 1, 2007)

Sorry guys my post was actually in response to something that someone posted right after the Samuel Clemense post, but since I no longer see it, it must have been my imagination or the poster had the good sense and taste to remove what I took to be another stop smoking bash by a non-never smoked preacher type. I would remove my post but then ya'll would look an sound silly an people would worry that the pressure was gettin to ya. ;D :D ;)

HH/ best of wishes for continued success or a new start.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

MD Dog said:
Sorry guys my post was actually in response to something that someone posted right after the Samuel Clemense post, but since I no longer see it, it must have been my imagination or the poster had the good sense and taste to remove what I took to be another stop smoking bash by a non-never smoked preacher type. I would remove my post but then ya'll would look an sound silly an people would worry that the pressure was gettin to ya. ;D :D ;)

I posted the comment about wondering how long Sam Clements would have lived had he not smoked.

I posted the comment about it not being attractive.

I also posted numerous comments with encouragement, and the rewards ahead. I posted the camel joke earlier in the thread.

I posted the link Montana Jim references above, with the names of cancer victims.

I described my own battle with smoking for over 30 years and how I failed numerous times while trying to quit.

I also related how I finally succeeded, and what a great thing it was.

My posts showed encouragement, based on my life experiences with smoking. It was not until I was in a hospital, at 43, with wires stuck in me, and the Dr. giving me a smoke or die speech, that I finally made the firm commitment to quit.

Since I am perceived as a “non-smoking basher”, I removed all of my posts, and will bow out of this discussion, having, "the good sense and taste to remove it".

Regards

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

GuyInBack said:
MD Dog said:

I posted the comment about wondering how long Sam Clements would have lived had he not smoked.

I also posted numerous comments with encouragement, and the rewards ahead. I posted the camel joke earlier in the thread.

I posted the link Montana Jim references above, with the names of cancer victims.

I described my own battle with smoking for over 30 years and how I failed numerous times while trying to quit.

My posts showed encouragement, based on my life experiences with smoking. It was not until I was in a hospital, at 43, with wires stuck in me, and the Dr. giving me a smoke or die speech, that I finally made the firm commitment to quit.

Since I am perceived as a “non-smoking basher”, I removed all of my posts, and will bow out of this discussion, having, "the good sense and taste to remove it".

Regards

Um... I never had any issues with your posts, and was glad to have you participating in my topic... you should e-mail me before removing anything...

Thank you for what you posted... I appreciated all of it.

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH

;) 8) :-*

ok...
cool.
Now we're
all playing nice :)

I, for one , appreciate all the posts and posters in this thread.
I see it ALL as support.
Smoking is SUCH a curse for me.
It's like....i just can't DEAL :(

Felinepeachy, said....
life is meaningless.
And i thought...
OMG....
I've thought that.
How sad for ALL of us :(
I MUST STOP!!!!!!!
Sooooo, I told MJim if he didn't smoke all weekend,
I'd quit today.

Well, Jim...
how'd you do?

I regrettfully report that I've been smoking all day :(

I have to see the Dr on Wed,
and I KNOW he's gonna flame me.
Sooooooo.......I need you guys to flame away on me......so as I'll be prepared :)
Knock me out good here :)
lol
::)

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Ashleen - I've not had one... at all.

I've been smober for 1 week, 4 days, 23 hours, 30 minutes
Saved $53.91
Ciggys NOT smoked: 239
Life saved: 19 hours 55 minutes

:)

Everyone you smoke is potentially your last one... and thats just the plain truth!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Ashleen said:
I have to see the Dr on Wed,
and I KNOW he's gonna flame me.
Sooooooo.......I need you guys to flame away on me......so as I'll be prepared :)
Knock me out good here :)
lol

How about:

"SMOKER Abraham Mosley, 64, who was warned he had two months to live with throat cancer caused by the habit, lit a cigar and burned to death. Too weak to manipulate matches or a lighter, the Florida man lit paper tapers on the kitchen stove which set fire to gauze bandages around his neck and quickly spread to his pajamas. He was unable to shout for help, because doctors had removed his diseased vocal cords. "I don't ever want to witness anything like I witnessed this morning," his sister Katie Brown said. "He was a walking torch when I woke up," she said. "They said if he quit completely, he might live a little longer, but he was having a hard time," a police spokesperson said. Mr. Mosley was taken to hospital, but died soon after arrival."

Although I'm a great one to be talking. The patch made me light headed...maybe I was taking in too much oxygen. ;)

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well done Jim,
:)

(and everyone else who is reading this and stopped, trying to stop, or going to)

I'm not watching the clock Jim, I suspect that would be my downfall,
but I reckon, between the two of us - you were first in the World to stop -
I'm a couple of days behind you now, and forever - Ay Man ;D

I bow to the Leader 8)

Cheers, Mike

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !

GuyInBack said:
MD Dog said:

Regards

I was worried right after I had posted my rant, that too many people would begin to get offended by immediately assuming it was them or their posts to which I was refering. But No, I won't go on to name the poster because they were newbies and had removed their post immediately after I had posted. I also contacted them through a PM and they had misread the intent of the posts by skipping to these final posts and had assumed it was an Anti smoking rant. Their only comment since I apparently need to re state it was that "smokers smell bad"

So Now if any one else remembers having posted anything like that then please feel free to PM me and we can hash it out there. Guyinback I have enjoyed all of your posts and feel they were all intended to encourage not belittle. So I hope you've removed nothing, I should have been a little more forth coming as to where my wrath was aimed, but in my defense I have very little time for posting anything these days I don't always take the best aim and to that end I'm sorry.

S

stefen

How's everybody doing?

No butts about it, did you quit yet?

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am getting more less, plus their getting to me, starting to not like smell that leave on your cloths, soon, I hope to be done with smoke, at lest this type of smoke, LOL, Just kidding about the other smoke, 7 leaves type LOL

jc

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

John was visiting a friend in the hospital. He recently quit smoking and was chewing on an unlit cigar when he got on the elevator.
A woman on the elevator said to him with a snarl, "Sir, there's no smoking in here!"
"I'm not smoking, lady," replied John. "But you have a cigar in your mouth!" the woman said.
"Lady," John answered, "I'm wearing Jockey shorts too, but I'm not riding a horse."

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahah

LOL ;D

stoney56 said:
John was visiting a friend in the hospital. He recently quit smoking and was chewing on an unlit cigar when he got on the elevator.
A woman on the elevator said to him with a snarl, "Sir, there's no smoking in here!"
"I'm not smoking, lady," replied John. "But you have a cigar in your mouth!" the woman said.
"Lady," John answered, "I'm wearing Jockey shorts too, but I'm not riding a horse."

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Somewhat in line with the last post, yet completely different... ;D

What do you think about the occasional cigar? No inhaling. Would that be cheating? ???

I've done good without smokes since last Friday, so 4 days and counting!

BobPA

Feb 18, 2007
Williamsport, Home of Little League Baseball
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
Re: The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT"

felinepeachy said:
Here is a great tool thats kinda fun if youre quitting smoking. It's called Silk Quit. It's a meter that you download to your computer that keeps track of how many days, hours, minutes and seconds it's been since your last cigarette. It also keeps track of how many cigarettes you've not smoked and how much money you have saved. It's a little meter that constantly runs at the bottom of your screen. It's free too.
http://www.silkquit.org/sqmmiv/meter.aspx

You have the option of donating 4.99 or downloading for free.

Good Luck!!!!!! We Can Do It!!!..........uh.....right? ::) ;D :o

Just read about the TN smoke out. I have not been on the computer that much since returning from vacation. Trying to play catchup. I wish Montana Jim and all the rest the best of luck. I quit smoking on October 8Th while on vacation. My wife also quit. I downloaded the silkquit meter that is in felinepeachy's post. It is neat to watch every day. We both took chantix, but it made me sick in the stomach. I just stopped taking the pills and threw my cigarettes away. Good luck to all.
Bob

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

af1733 said:

What do you think about the occasional cigar? No inhaling. Would that be cheating? ???

I have thoughts on this... I think they are truths...

- If you stop smoking for one day, you did a good thing.
- If you stop smoking for a week, you did a good thing.
- If you quit smoking ciggys and once a month smoke a cigar? Who cares... you're still ahead...
- If you smoke 50 percent of what you used to smoke, you did a good thing.

Get the drift? Any improvement IS STILL improvement!

I say - enjoy the occassional cigar, smoke, chew, whatever... if you want to.

For myself however I want to quit completely... no matter what, I'm not going to get down on myself for lapsing or starting again... or for cheating or anything.

The next one you crush-out can potentially be the last one ever...

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Montana Jim said:
af1733 said:

I have thoughts on this... I think they are truths...

- If you stop smoking for one day, you did a good thing.
- If you stop smoking for a week, you did a good thing.
- If you quit smoking ciggys and once a month smoke a cigar? Who cares... you're still ahead...
- If you smoke 50 percent of what you used to smoke, you did a good thing.

Get the drift? Any improvement IS STILL improvement!

I say - enjoy the occassional cigar, smoke, chew, whatever... if you want to.

For myself however I want to quit completely... no matter what, I'm not going to get down on myself for lapsing or starting again... or for cheating or anything.

The next one you crush-out can potentially be the last one ever...
I thought this same thing, why even a cigar? but I really enjoy a cigar when I play cards each Wednesday. Would it be considered a lapse even though I don't draw the smoke any further than my mouth?

I'v definately improved over what I was doing before, 0 cigs over the last 4 days versus 80 over the 4 days before that.

WooHoo!!!

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

[size=20pt] HAPPY NATIONAL SMOKE OUT DAY!

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ok, how about these, no need to light them

Attachments

• candy smokes.jpg
    candy smokes.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 501
OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

txkickergirl said:
[size=20pt] HAPPY NATIONAL SMOKE OUT DAY!

Excellent!!

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/COM/content/div_OH/COM_5_1x_Great_American_Smokeout.asp

dude95307 said:
ok, how about these, no need to light them

They will help you to keep looking cool at the smoking area! LOL...

Right now... because I have been reporting in all along... my smober information is:

Smober Time: 2 weeks, 12 hours, 14 minutes...
$ Saved: $65.29
Not Smoked: 290 ciggys
Life Back: 1 day, 10 minutes (I think this is stupid...)

Anyways... I am now at that time when my heart attack risk begins to drop and my lungs begin to work better. (2 weeks to 3 months after quitting).

I encourage all of you to hang in there... last night I was one second away from buying a pack, oh man I wanted one bad... but the urged passed quickly and today I am very grateful I stuck it out. I almost didn't.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

I have to admit I've snuck 2 cigs since last Friday. :'(

Not two packs, mind you, just two cigarettes, and I didn't even finish them. This Chantix makes them taste awful!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread