The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT" (November 1, 2007)

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Re: The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT" (November 1, 2007)

af1733 said:
I have to admit I've snuck 2 cigs since last Friday. :'(

Not two packs, mind you, just two cigarettes, and I didn't even finish them. This Chantix makes them taste awful!

That's an awesome testimonial... I remember being VERY proud of just cutting back to only a few each day... but two in a week? Thats freaking great!

Go Chantix!

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Montana Jim said:
af1733 said:
I have to admit I've snuck 2 cigs since last Friday. :'(

Not two packs, mind you, just two cigarettes, and I didn't even finish them. This Chantix makes them taste awful!

That's an awesome testimonial... I remember being VERY proud of just cutting back to only a few each day... but two in a week? Thats freaking great!

Go Chantix!
Thanks MT! And I was feeling bad about those two smokes. I appreciate the pick-me-up big-time!

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hell I am trying, so I am thinking smoking a like a carton at one time, just light one after the other until I get sick and turn white and green and pass out from them I think it might help, what do you people think, or I can put on my PF Flyers run like hell, yeah right me run, LOL, then have a old beer

Gibbsium said:
I quit taking the Chantix last weekend and I'm still not smoking. Still get the urge now and again, but I'm not climbing the walls. Best of luck to all that have stopped or are trying to stop smoking. You can do it.

Attachments

• PF flyers shoe.jpg
    PF flyers shoe.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 471
  • falstaff beer.jpg
    falstaff beer.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 525

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Gibbsium said:
I quit taking the Chantix last weekend and I'm still not smoking. Still get the urge now and again, but I'm not climbing the walls. Best of luck to all that have stopped or are trying to stop smoking. You can do it.
How long did you take Chantix before you stopped taking the medication?

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

just wondering how old id very one trying to quit smoking

jc

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Gibbsium said:
How long did you take Chantix before you stopped taking the medication?

Two weeks before and a week and a half after stopping smoking. The thing is if I smoke now I'm hosed, if you stay on the Chantix and smoke, it's like you never really cheated because chantix blocks the nicotine receptors and it does you no good to smoke anyway :). I wanted to be off of the Chantix, it was making me really tired. I will say it really helped me get by that first week.
Good to know. I'll be starting my second full week of taking it tomorrow, and I still get the urge, especially during the evening around the house. Oddly enogh, that's the worst time for me. I thought it'd be while driving or in the mornings.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Gibbsium said:
Good to know. I'll be starting my second full week of taking it tomorrow, and I still get the urge, especially during the evening around the house. Oddly enogh, that's the worst time for me. I thought it'd be while driving or in the mornings.

It will get easier that first week is the worst.

How long after you started taking Chantix did you keep smoking?

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

47, started at 16 years old and stop once but I did not smoke that much when I was younger, it started more while in the army

jc

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

dude95307 said:
47, started at 16 years old and stop once but I did not smoke that much when I was younger, it started more while in the army

jc

I started at 16 too, so been at it for 14 years now.

I didn't see, are you taking Chantix as well?

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !

I just wanted to add my 4 cents here. I quite in june using chantix. I started the chantix in may and slowly stopped by about week 6. I also stayed on it until just about a week ago. Easiest way to quite I've ever heard of. I wasn't even really trying it was just that I'd actually forget to smoke. Like I'd light up and after one drag I'd put the cig in the ashtray and spot it all burned out like an hour later. Or I would think, now's a good time to have a cig only I would get sidetracked and realize an hour or more later that I never did light up. It finally got to where I sat down for my lunch at work one day and realized I hadn't had a cig all morning. That was it, I haven't lit up since nor will I ever again. I'm 49 and have smoked for 35 of those years.

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I can't take them, I am on pills for my back, shoulder, knee brain to many surgeries on me, like 2 back operation, 6 shoulder, 3 knee, falling apart.

jc

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dude95307 said:
just wondering how old id very one trying to quit smoking

jc

52, started at 13, around 20 a day since 17, so 35 years later and it's near 2 weeks without nicotine.
And it's for good, I can't imagine going back to being a smoker.
I've been up close to smokers since I stopped and I always knew I must have smelled, but now I realise how much :o

I thank everyone here for their support, it has definitely helped me and if some of us haven't managed to stop yet, don't let it worry you, it WILL HAPPEN, when you are ready.

Someone mentioned in a very early post that, apparently, tobacco rollers should find stopping easier. I was a roller myself. But I've found, rollers also have to stop - the ritual of rolling - a double Whammy!! ;D

Cheers, Mike

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !

I got one word for everyone this am that should help with the pshyco/breast hand mouth thingy.

Lollipops

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You folks are doing great!!!.....even the cheaters. As was mentioned, if you are smoking less than you were, you're winning! I took the Chantix and continued smoking my 2+ packs a day for a little over 2 months. I didn't notice any bad taste in the cigarettes and it didn't make me sick. All of a sudden, I quit. After a couple days of not even wanting a smoke I quit taking the Chantix. Dec. 19th will be a year for me. I thought I was the worst smoker on earth and would never be able to quit. Keep at it!!!

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

packerbacker said:
You folks are doing great!!!.....even the cheaters. As was mentioned, if you are smoking less than you were, you're winning! I took the Chantix and continued smoking my 2+ packs a day for a little over 2 months. I didn't notice any bad taste in the cigarettes and it didn't make me sick. All of a sudden, I quit. After a couple days of not even wanting a smoke I quit taking the Chantix. Dec. 19th will be a year for me. I thought I was the worst smoker on earth and would never be able to quit. Keep at it!!!
Great story, PB! Gives us all hope!

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Well... I think this post is kinda winding down... with less & less responses... LOL

I guess folks are kinda where they are gonna be for a while. 8)

As of right now my smober time is 2 weeks, 3 days, 1 hour, 48 minutes... and I've not cheated yet...

My hope is that this post keeps folks motivated and/or exited about quiting if they have not yet... or maybe just smoking less which is also very cool. 8)

I hope everyone enjoyed the comraderie... this has been a fun topic and everyone did a great job of supporting all of the rest of us! Thanks everyone!

If this keeps going... fantastic! If it dies... thats kewl too...

Breath well everyone!

Jim

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It'll be a year for me come the 25th of this month. No drugs, no patches, no gum, nothing but determination. If you really want to quit for good you will, if you don't you won't. Good luck and stay with it, i'm pulling for "yous guys". :)

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes

Hello all and congratulations on making such a wonderful and positive decision.

As I mentioned to Montana Jim the other day, I had quit smoking for between 2-3 years and while on the road this summer I decided to have one and then two and eventually I was up too a pack and a half a day or more. Well I told Jim that I had planned on stopping again real soon, last evening I stopped and haven't had one since.

No chantix, no gum or patches I just stopped. The thing is to do whatever it takes to quit because it will make you feel much better in the future. The reason I don't know how long I had quit the first time is because I didn't want to keep track because then each day I counted was just another day that I had to think about those darn things. The first time I quit I actually would carry one with me and if I felt the urge I would stick it in my mouth but I would never light it up, a cig would last me for 3 or 4 days LOL :D
People thought I was goofy but it worked for me.

Good luck to you all and Thank you for the inspiration.

Lonnie

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.

Jim, you have great inner strength. This turned out not to be the time for me to quit, for personal reasons, but I thank you for inspiring me to make my first real attempt. I'll be joining you soon. Keep up the great work!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread