Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT" (November 1, 2007)

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2168 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT"

Good luck to all who try. I quit 10 months, 5 days and 6 hours ago. I smoked for over 40 years and was smoking over 2 packs a day for as long as I can remember. I thought I'd never be able to quit. I used Chantix. I continued smoking and using the Chantix for a little over 2 months. I never got sick to my stomach.I didn't even finish the whole Chantix prescription, I gave them away. Then I just quit and I don't miss it at all. I figure I've saved about $2,400+ so far!! How much is that Minelab??
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

bk
    us
    Seeker of Fortune

Jan 2005
    SE Minnesota
    Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
    6 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I wish I could join you guys too, but I quit one year ago in November.
    In some ways I still miss it, but then I think about all the reasons that I did quit. I don't miss it so much then.
    Our community recently (as of October 1st.) went totally smoke free in all public places including the bars.
    I wish all of you the best of luck. It can be done.

ca
    Mar 2005
    London, ON
    23 times

Too late for me too - quit on July 10th. Third time: quit in '69 after 14 years, was off for 18 years; started again when the ex walked out, quit again 4 years later, off for 12; started again after prostate surgery 4-1/2 years ago.

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    23 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by nhbenz
    Funny, a few weeks ago I told my friends that if the Red Sox win the world series that I'd quit smoking... then the sox went and won the AL pennant... which has me scared yet excited. So I guess they're going to have to win it in by game 6, in order for me to hit the Nov 1 deadline. My worlds are colliding. Count me in.
    I know what your thinking... "Damned Sox!" You're added...

Sep 2007
    Oak Island and Uwharrie, NC
    Fisher 1280X, Tesoro PIranha, Minelab MusketeerX, Garrett 350

You can do it. I went cold turkey after 34 years of smoking the last few were 3 pack days. Sure is nice to be smoke free.
    1966 my song our place
    http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?video_id=_EPjMNFZFwg&eurl=&iurl=http%3A//img.youtube.com/vi/_EPjMNFZFwg/default.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskKFn56iD7UwrpEKP5GQL2u4&&re l=0&border=0

us
    Dec 2004
    Troy X5
    8 times

side note i knew a lady
    her mother smoked over 2 packs a day
    chewed the gum
    AND had the patch!!!
    All animals are equal, but some are more equal then others. -George Orwell

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    23 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by EDDE
    side note i knew a lady
    her mother smoked over 2 packs a day
    chewed the gum
    AND had the patch!!!
    OMG! Prolly kept her smoking down from 4 packs a day...

us
    Feb 2006
    GARRETT PRO
    949 times

Tried the patch once and found that they were too hard to keep lit

All kidding aside, I stopped cold-turkey about 9 months ago and have had absolutely no physical urge to pick up another cig.

Threw away all matchs, lighters, ash trays and other crutches (I limp a lot now though).

No weight gain either...

The more one learns the more he understands his ignorance. I am simply an ignor ant man trying to lessen his ignorance
    Those with the most birthdays live the longest

us
    Dec 2005
    Eugene, Oregon
    Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
    85 times

I'm in with ya- been planning on it since our new insurance kicks in on the first. They'll cover Chantix, so I'm gonna do it again. Second time I quit, I used Zyban and it worked pretty good, lasted 6 months. Had a family problem and went right back under the stress.

us
    American by Birth ~ Gun Owner by Right ~ Jesus by Choice

Jan 2007
    Mcallen TX
    SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
    5 times
    Banner Finds (2)

the zyban made me not want to smoke so it works however the side effects for me was that I was dizzy and out of it off and on during the day..no thank you...I can just imagine if I was depressed and went on the stuff for depression, I would of really been in laaa laaa land.

Add me to the list too, I will try to stop cold turkey this time around.

My mom died in June from it and 2 wks later found out my dad had it and he is going through treatment now. After 60yrs smoking he gave it up..Yep I am mighty proud of him and the least I can do is give it up too. God help my poor kids though when I quit!
    Dawn
    MCALLEN, TX

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    23 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by txkickergirl
    the zyban made me not want to smoke so it works however the side effects for me was that I was dizzy and out of it off and on during the day..no thank you...I can just imagine if I was depressed and went on the stuff for depression, I would of really been in laaa laaa land.

Add me to the list too, I will try to stop cold turkey this time around.

My mom died in June from it and 2 wks later found out my dad had it and he is going through treatment now. After 60yrs smoking he gave it up..Yep I am mighty proud of him and the least I can do is give it up too. God help my poor kids though when I quit!
    You're in!

us
    Random chance seems to have operated in our favor

Oct 2004
    Oklahoma
    4 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Hello Jim. I'm Jeff and I'm a compulsive smoker. It's been 35 years since my last breath of fresh air.
    Dad quit after 35 years--cold turkey. He asked mom what she wanted for Christmas--she said to quit smoking. He threw away the Winston's and hadn't lit up since. He just got out of the hospital not too long ago with a quadruple bypass and an aneurysm stint. My wife quit after 35 years as well last year.
    I'll be 51 in a couple of weeks. Guess it's time to give myself an early birthday present. Hopefully I'll make it another 49 years. So put me down for a good college try.

us
    Psalms 23

Oct 2007
    Where the grass is blue
    Bounty Hunter Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
    6 times

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Pappagiorgio
    The BEST of luck to all of you...

TRUST ME YOU CAN BEAT THIS...

The wife and I both were a pack a day smokers...Thankgiving marks one year for us...
    We both feel better and have more energy...

YOU CAN DO IT...

Nick
    Nick, My wife & I quit together also "15 years Oct 4th" after more than 30 years of smoking. Hang in there everyone.
    Uncle Spud
    >IN GOD WE TRUST<

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    23 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by stoney56
    Hello Jim. I'm Jeff and I'm a compulsive smoker. It's been 35 years since my last breath of fresh air.
    Dad quit after 35 years--cold turkey. He asked mom what she wanted for Christmas--she said to quit smoking. He threw away the Winston's and hadn't lit up since. He just got out of the hospital not too long ago with a quadruple bypass and an aneurysm stint. My wife quit after 35 years as well last year.
    I'll be 51 in a couple of weeks. Guess it's time to give myself an early birthday present. Hopefully I'll make it another 49 years. So put me down for a good college try.
    WTG Stoney! You're in...

Mar 2005
    Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
    12 times

good luck to you guys! i can tell you from my own experience, quitting smoking is every bit as hard as quitting narcotics and drinking. anyone who says nicotine isn't an addictive drug is out of their mind! smoking is sooo bad for your health though, its worth the effort.
    GTI 2500/ACE 250

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors