The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT" (November 1, 2007)

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT" (November 1, 2007)

November 1st, 2007

Hello... I'm Jim... and I smoke.

A few of us Treasure Netters have made a commitment together to quit smoking on November 1st.

Buckle Boy
Montana Jim
KathyTH
Bobbydoo
Jeffro
nhbenz
Gibbsium
txkickergirl
stoney56
kenb
Ashleen
trikikiwi
deepskyal
jddave79
strike it rich
BF750
AuExplorer
dude95307
gregd573
boggle

If you want to join in and quit smoking (or stop using smokeless) with us maybe this will help... just announce here that you will be joining us and I'll add your name to this original list. Or... you can email me and I'll add your name.

This post is intended to be a supportive and positive post, and to hold us accountable to everyone here publicly... so support us!

Try to keep it positive and fun - without "smoker bashing" or and negative comments... Jokes and Laughs are encouraged! Since it's our post I'll ask that comments that don't belong be removed. Lots of you are nonsmoker's and there is nothing worse than a preachy nonsmoker! :D

Even if you only want to "quit for a day" - we can have a nonsmoking Treasure Net for one day... and you can publicly announce your participation in that too! :)

This is a non-retribution event... even ONE DAY is a successful effort!

No smoking starting November 1st... Hang in there!

NOTE: This event is not sponsored by the ownership or management of Treasure Net... the Topic "The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT" is not associated with this site, nor has this site yet agreed to let me use the name in my topic... are you reading the small print?

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Re: The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT"

Well - It's November 1, 2007... Finally.

symbol3[1].gif

So... HANG IN THERE EVERYONE...

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

just cigs,right? ;)

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

bomber said:
just cigs,right? ;)

LOL... Thats all I smoke... I'm not getting into any other kinda smoking here...

Lets keep it to over the counter tobacco, that way it wont get too silly... :D

S

stefen

Beat ya to it.

My younger brother died earlier this year...guess from what? :-[

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

stefen said:
Beat ya to it.

My younger brother died earlier this year...guess from what? :-[

Grats on quiting stefen... I'm sick about why though. :(

I don't want to stop- I just know I need to...

KathyTH

Oct 1, 2007

try using chantix-great stuff-makes you sick to your stomach if you smoke & take the pill.
add kathy to list

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

I wish the best of luck to you. I finally did it 8 years ago. It's a tough road, but the benefits are well worth it. I tried for years to quit. Tried the patches and found out I could smoke and have the small dosage patch on at the same time.

Tried the hypnotizing routine. Now I just cluck like a chicken at inappropriate times.

Then I chewed the nicotine gum when I was in no smoking environments. Then I figured I could actually smoke and chew gum at the same time...

~whew~

Finally, I made the firm commitment, after the Dr. told me to make funeral arrangements, or quit smoking.

I tried the Zyban pills. http://www.quitsmoking.com/zyban/index.htm

I'm not sure if it was the fact that I got rid of a really obnoxious mean rotten wife, or the Zyban worked really well, but I subsequently achieved success.

Make no illusions, it's a tough road, but success is a great payoff, and well worth the effort. Don't give up, and good luck.

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

KathyTH said:
try using chantix-great stuff-makes you sick to your stomach if you smoke & take the pill.
add kathy to list

Kathy! Welcome to Treasure Net! You're first post and you wanna be added to the list!

This will give you a reason to come back and post more often!

Felinepeachy said:
Here is a great tool thats kinda fun if youre quitting smoking. It's called Silk Quit.

http://www.silkquit.org/sqmmiv/meter.aspx

Good Luck!!!!!! We Can Do It!!!..........uh.....right? ::) ;D :o

Right! We can do it! :) I'm gonna download the meter thing after my last ciggy this month.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000

I hope you guys can do it for your health. My wife's uncle has smoked like a chimney most of his life and was just diagnosed with lung cancer. It has spread and there is little they can do now. Her mom and sister are heading up to see him next week since they don't know how much time he really has left. Good Luck, hope you beat it.

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
The BEST of luck to all of you...

Nick

Nicky! The last time I lasted only a week... but you supported me big-time. Thanks for that... I'll do better this time!

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

mrs.oroblanco said:
When you guys are all done "quitting", send those cigarettes to me - don't throw them away. I don't believe in waste ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

B

Mrs. O!!!! LMAO!!!!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

;D he-he-he ;D

I just noticed the picture of Montana Jim.

Does anyone else see it in the photo?

*Hint*
It's got to do with the time of year....

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

GuyInBack said:
;D he-he-he ;D

I just noticed the picture of Montana Jim.

Does anyone else see it in the photo?

*Hint*
It's got to do with the time of year....

Okay Okay... LOL... I have the lights up for back-porch lighting... They can't even be seen unless yer back there... ;)

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.

Funny, a few weeks ago I told my friends that if the Red Sox win the world series that I'd quit smoking... then the sox went and won the AL pennant... which has me scared yet excited. So I guess they're going to have to win it by game 6, in order for me to hit the Nov 1 deadline. My worlds are colliding. Count me in.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good luck to all who try. I quit 10 months, 5 days and 6 hours ago. I smoked for over 40 years and was smoking over 2 packs a day for as long as I can remember. I thought I'd never be able to quit. I used Chantix. I continued smoking and using the Chantix for a little over 2 months. I never got sick to my stomach.I didn't even finish the whole Chantix prescription, I gave them away. Then I just quit and I don't miss it at all. I figure I've saved about $2,400+ so far!! How much is that Minelab?? ;D

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I wish I could join you guys too, but I quit one year ago in November.
In some ways I still miss it, but then I think about all the reasons that I did quit. I don't miss it so much then.
Our community recently (as of October 1st.) went totally smoke free in all public places including the bars.
I wish all of you the best of luck. It can be done.

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON

Too late for me too - quit on July 10th. Third time: quit in '69 after 14 years, was off for 18 years; started again when the ex walked out, quit again 4 years later, off for 12; started again after prostate surgery 4-1/2 years ago.

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

nhbenz said:
Funny, a few weeks ago I told my friends that if the Red Sox win the world series that I'd quit smoking... then the sox went and won the AL pennant... which has me scared yet excited. So I guess they're going to have to win it in by game 6, in order for me to hit the Nov 1 deadline. My worlds are colliding. Count me in.

I know what your thinking... "Damned Sox!" :D You're added...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread