What can you create with "thoughts". - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: What can you create with "thoughts".

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    12582 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckshot View Post
    I gotta disagree with this "we make our own reality" stuff. It is demonstrably false. If you perceive an apple in a tree, nothing you choose to beleive can make that apple into some other kind of reality. No matter how hard wants to beleive that an apple is not an apple , but it is a cat, or an apple is a fire truck, it simply does not jive with reality.
    Yet some people are convinced they are not what they are, which is causing some turmoil with those who know an apple is an apple.
    I think making you own reality in the contect of the thread, refers to someone's view of the world. Some people see an event, such as a storm, as catastrophic while others see an opportunity. The reality of the storm cannot be wished away.
    We (society) do seem to be having a spirited discussion between those who see the world as it is, what is real and those who do not.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    12582 times
    Interesting read. I notice many well known families who are successful for generations do not display excessive pride.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

us
    Aug 2012
    New Mexico USA
    My Head
    1825 times
    Philosophers, along with ordinary people have debated "what's real" for thousands of years. The theory if knowledge, existence, all that stuff. In ordinary conversions I have watched peoples minds do this switcheroo thing between the intellect and their emotions. It's like a split personality. The two sides don't seem to know the other side exists.
    It's very obvious in the area of politics. I DIDN'T SAT THAT!!
    Few intelligent decisions can be made while in an emotional state but yet they are. Some ways too ID this state is when people preface their statements with "I feel" rather than "I think" It's not this simple and borders on Pop psychology if just used by itself but I wanted to point out these opposed mental states. Politics can be all emotion like a new girlfriend and a thinker won't make sense of it.

So here's a test. Next time a volatile subject comes up in conversation, do you feel or think? If your anxious, breathing a bit faster, maybe a bit flushed, chances your stuck in an emotional state. A person can't think clearly in this state. Usually just observing your head's thoughts will move someone into a thinking state. Emotions are for girlfriends not conversations.
    Chop wood..Carry water

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    21892 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Philosophers, along with ordinary people have debated "what's real" for thousands of years. The theory if knowledge, existence, all that stuff. In ordinary conversions I have watched peoples minds do this switcheroo thing between the intellect and their emotions. It's like a split personality. The two sides don't seem to know the other side exists.
    Few intelligent decisions can be made while in an emotional state but yet they are. Some ways too ID this state is when people preface their statements with "I feel" rather than "I think" It's not this simple and borders on Pop psychology if just used by itself but I wanted to point out these opposed mental states. Politics can be all emotion like a new girlfriend and a thinker won't make sense of it.

So here's a test. Next time a volatile subject comes up in conversation, do you feel or think? If your anxious, breathing a bit faster, maybe a bit flushed, chances your stuck in an emotional state. A person can't think clearly in this state. Usually just observing your head's thoughts will move someone into a thinking state. Emotions are for girlfriends not conversations.
    If you do not control your emotions,some one else will.
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/
    No one can be helped until he understands what he himself has been doing wrong and wants to change.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

​My Photos.....https://www.viewbug.com/member/alwayslookin

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 3660'
    6541 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post

I'm a pretty emotional guy but I work fairly hard not to get too excited when discussing politics. Politics is simply the practice of deciding who should be forced against their will and to what extent. I have learned that I'm much more efective when I'm not cursing your mother for bearing you simply because I disagree. I'm not even that reasonable of person but there is a tremendous difference between arguing and bickering. If I'm trying to insult others that isn't a valid argument.
    Hillbilly Prince likes this.
    A democracy will always eat it's self.

The king is dead. May The King return...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links