Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/mostread/s_535021.html

Rick Jacobs, the hunter, said he planted the stationary tree camera in Allegheny National Forest, about 115 miles northeast of Pittsburgh, to try to find a handsome buck. Instead, on Sept. 16, the camera caught images of an unusual creature, he said.

"We couldn't figure out what they were," Jacobs said. "I've been hunting for years and I've never seen anything like this."

Copyrighted pictures can be seen here. http://www.bfro.net/avevid/jacobs/jacobs_photos.asp

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
till someone finds a dead one or a skeleton or a live one they are fake

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
If you guys can hang on I'll get my mother-in-law to sign a waiver of liability. Then you can have the rest of the pictures.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Baldingboy said:
Pictures are not coming up...says link is bad.
Pics come up very slow due to so much activity, I guess. Try googling "Jacob's Creature" for more.
Here is pic. I might get in trouble. It resembles my ex. :-[ :-\

Attachments

• 2_creature_icon.jpg
    2_creature_icon.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 1,259

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way toooo many hits now..service not available....ain't that just like a bigfoot...overloading a server..lol

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
well whatever it is, that bearcub in the foreground sure isnt afraid of it. my guess is a very sick bear mother.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will say this, I don't know what it is, but I can say for absolutely certain that it is not a bear cub of any type. The limbs are waaaaay too long. It actually looks like a chimpanzee leaning down away from the camera.

Could it be faked? Possibly, but I doubt it.

Best-Mike

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
gollum said:
I will say this, I don't know what it is, but I can say for absolutely certain that it is not a bear cub of any type. The limbs are waaaaay too long. It actually looks like a chimpanzee leaning down away from the camera.

Best-Mike

if you are able to log onto the webite where these pics are available, you will see that whatever this thing is, it is traveling with two bear cubs. one is visable in the picture on this thread at the bottom of the pic. it kinda looks like a black blob in this picture but its a bear cub. i would think that bears would want to have nothing to do with a bigfoot if thats what this is. i still think its a starving bear.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
hollowpointred said:
gollum said:

Best-Mike

if you are able to log onto the webite where these pics are available, you will see that whatever this thing is, it is traveling with two bear cubs. one is visable in the picture on this thread at the bottom of the pic. it kinda looks like a black blob in this picture but its a bear cub. i would think that bears would want to have nothing to do with a bigfoot if thats what this is. i still think its a starving bear.
Someone put the two pictures together of Jacobs Creature and a mangy bear.
mangy bear.jpg When a mangy bear is just a mangy bear. http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/mangy-bear/

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
hollowpointred said:
gollum said:

Best-Mike

Someone put the two pictures together of Jacobs Creature and a mangy bear.

When a mangy bear is just a mangy bear. http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/mangy-bear/

I know. I was just about to post that mangy bear pic myself.

After looking at that, I am swayed somewhat. Now leaning towards the mangy bear thought. Until you look at the mangy bear pic, that front arm just looks way too long.

If it is a bear cub, it's not from that litter. The other bear cubs they show are much smaller. Usually, a bear will kill any cubs that aren't their own (in the wild).

Mike

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
Bigfoot's mooning the camera! LOL

(And here I thought this was going to be a Messin' with Sasquatch thread... :D)

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
I'll have to disagree with you on that gollum on bears killing cubs that aren't their own. Here in Pennsylvania the game commission places abandoned cubs in dens with mother bears with her own cubs. The mother bear accepts these cubs as her own.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lumbercamp said:
I'll have to disagree with you on that gollum on bears killing cubs that aren't their own. Here in Pennsylvania the game commission places abandoned cubs in dens with mother bears with her own cubs. The mother bear accepts these cubs as her own.

I have to agree.

As far as I'm aware PA Black Bears will Raise other Cubs.

Considering how Docile Some are, they may even Try to Raise
a Child like the Fantasy Stories Suggest.

I just saw a news story a couple weeks ago about a Bear
walking into a home & Sitting on the Couch next to the Home owner
who was watching TV

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
jeff of pa said:
who was watching TV

What was the guy watching on TV???

Maybe Nick at Night, and old episode of 'BJ and the Bear?'

(I know I know, it was a monkey, but the joke don't work with a monkey)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GuyInBack said:
jeff of pa said:
who was watching TV

What was the guy watching on TV???

Maybe Nick at Night, and old episode of 'BJ and the Bear?'

(I know I know, it was a monkey, but the joke don't work with a monkey)

Actually I believe it was a Woman

But I wonder if the Bear thought it was Yogi or BooBoo :D

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope, sorry, not a woman, but men did have longer hair back then.

What kind of trouble can a monkey and a trucker get into? This classic series explores just that! BJ McKay was a good-looking young trucker who traveled around the country in his big red & white rig, with a single companion - his pet chimp, Bear. B.J. was based in rural Georgia and was confronted by a succession of corrupt local sheriffs - Elroy P. Lobo (who was later given his own... bla bla bla

Attachments

• BJ and the bear.jpg
    BJ and the bear.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 621

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay then, Grizzly Adams! ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread