Dont necessarily believe your caller ID - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Dont necessarily believe your caller ID

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Dec 2003
    Porter Township, Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    39551 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by SD51 View Post
    So help me understand something? When I am given a telephone number (land line or cell phone) I get a monthly bill and the phone provider has my address. I get x amount of BS calls every day that I never answer, but block the numbers. Then they get a new phone number and call me again the next day.

So, the phone company doesn't have any idea who these callers are and where they're located that they have given phone numbers to?
    Yea I'm sure they know , Or can find out.
    I'm also still confident Phones have a Virus That lets Scammers Know
    odds on best time to expect your near your phone and making & Answering calls.
    & that ATT at least Sells Numbers
    SD51 and Doug H like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2018
    Portage, MI
    Bounty Hunter TR550-D
    26 times
    RF Design
    Phone switches are fun. I set my extension to ***** when I was reverse engineering
    the protocols used in the NEC NEAX2400 phone switch at the university I work at.

If you want the real calling number, get an ISDN phone line. The caller ID can be spoofed
    but the real SS7 data shows up in the logs, if you turn on full logging. I used a Cisco ISDN router.

I got a 3 am call from some kids in the neighborhood playing pranks. Walked down stairs and
    pulled the logs, gave them a call back. The kid said "I did *67 (outgoing caller ID blocking), how did you get my number?..."
    Doug H likes this.

us
    We Build, We Fight!

Aug 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA.
    ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
    1198 times
    I have even received a call from myself!?! The Caller ID showed it was me calling my home phone number on the home phone that was ringing?!?!

We NEVER answer the phone unless we recognize the name.
    SD51 and Doug H like this.
    SeabeeRon Santa Cruz,CA.

Dec 2003
    Porter Township, Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    39551 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    LOL I Just got a Call from some old Lady.

"Hello did I Just get a Call From this Number ?"

"No you Didn't !"

"ok, My garbled Bye"
    Doug H and nomad 11 like this.

us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    any tector i can get my hands on
    2413 times
    i got a call once ? caller id said it was God calling ? so i answered and there was no response. must have been my ex wife givin me the silent treatment again ? LOL

us
    May 2014
    Cumberland, VA
    White's coinmaster pro Garrett at pro Equinox 600
    212 times
    Anywhere I can find coins
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad 11 View Post
    this is a joke ? right ? what was the punchline ?
    No nomad...no joke at all when you got someone calling you cussing you out telling you that you keep calling their number and you dont know what the hell their talking about. How is that a joke.
    jeff of pa and SeabeeRon like this.

us
    Nov 2019
    Minnesota
    Radio shack detector
    73 times
    Prospecting
    Got this same crap over and over, I have went through 6 different phone numbers and a lawyer also that's why Vonage disappeared(they were facing lawsuits cause of stolen numbers) also with face book theres no control over what happens
    Doug H likes this.

us
    May 2014
    Cumberland, VA
    White's coinmaster pro Garrett at pro Equinox 600
    212 times
    Anywhere I can find coins
    I was thinking something similar koala. I've never sued anyone and dont plan on ever doing it...but when I get service with a company that I pay for, using a phone that i own, doesn't that number become partly my property? Just like stealing cable is illegal...isn't somebody liable for my number being hijacked? Verizon acted like it was no big deal...just change your number. But if you have accounts with two step verification it's a pain to have to go back and change all that stuff around.
    jeff of pa likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    41401 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Telemarketers how do they even make enough to buy mac and cheese
    SD51 and ticndig like this.
    1. Still Available Approved TreasureNet Sticker $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 34 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy.................... Put it on my Trans Am FREE SHIPPING Street Racing My Trans Am W/Tnet Sticker

Jul 2019
    4 times
    Caller ID (caller identification, CID), also called calling line identification (CLID), Calling Line Identification (CLI), calling number delivery (CND), calling number identification (CNID), calling line identification presentation (CLIP), or call display, is a telephone service, available in analog and digital telephone systems, including VoIP, that transmits a caller's telephone number to the called party's telephone equipment when the call is being set up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links