Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Always like hearing what other guys are into outside of metal detecting. Personally don't have alot of free time been working right through the pandemic [construction] But I spend some of my free time designing and making things on a CNC machine for fun and profit, here are some recent examples [sorry if they are sideways] Also play guitar and have a 68 Firebird to keep me busy.

Attachments

• IMG_5247.jpg
    IMG_5247.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5228.jpg
    IMG_5228.jpg
    529.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_5204.jpg
    IMG_5204.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5082.jpg
    IMG_5082.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5008.jpg
    IMG_5008.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 70

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
nice drawings. I magnet fish, target practice, collect baseball cards, and fixin to start fixing up a 1973 chevy custom deluxe truck

PaleIO

Apr 1, 2020
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is my brand new hobby. Finished my hive area with the rock today. Going to pick up my new bees on Saturday evening. Hopefully they are good workers and provide us with lots of fresh honey!

20200528_183306.jpg

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are pretty cool wish I had access to a CNC Router I have a Trans Am love the 68 bird

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Always like hearing what other guys are into outside of metal detecting. Personally don't have alot of free time been working right through the pandemic [construction] But I spend some of my free time designing and making things on a CNC machine for fun and profit, here are some recent examples [sorry if they are sideways] Also play guitar and have a 68 Firebird to keep me busy.

Hello,

Prewar Standard guage tinplate Lionel trains.

I don't have a lot of free time, but I have built some huge (20 feet high at center) quanset hut style warehouses very cheaply in deep East county, so I have lots space and I finally am relatively organized.

Before about 2000 Old tinplate Lionel was very expensive. Complete set old 400E locomotives complete with the three either blue or state passenger cars would often sell for $10,000
or more at specialty train shops or collectors auctions.

By About 2014 they were often available seperately for very little money.

There are original trains with just a few dozen examples left in the world that sold for nothing at esate sales.
No interest at all.
Young people certainly wanted nothing to do with them and the new technologically advanced hardware (Scale, Blue tooth, station and passenger sounds, remote control, etc) was much more desirable to new colectors.

There are many iconic preware tinplate Lionel trains, some very very rare, and lately they have been starting to be more appreciated.

I've even thinned out my collection a little in the face of some high offers I have received.

I have a setup I often run 14 inches below the cieling circumference of one of my offices and people are often amazed that it dates back to 1912.

Last edited:

JacobClark86

Jun 24, 2020
LA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love camping and I always take with me a metal detector

Last edited by a moderator:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I'll never forget a fellow's note on his senior grad pic in the year book, "Interested in Jack Daniels".

Me, I'm a drummer and I sing a little as well. I also have a problem with classic Mercury Cougars. Yes, it is a problem when you own ten of them.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also keep bees, Just finished an perfect replica of the worlds most expensive chair.

Chub

Milspec6

Jun 22, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Playing guitar
Restoring antique Coleman lanterns
Restoring old tube radios and amplifiers
Was a marathoner for decades, but age forced that hobby to end

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Playing guitar
Restoring antique Coleman lanterns
Restoring old tube radios and amplifiers
Was a marathoner for decades, but age forced that hobby to end

Got another 200A up and running that was Dads. Runs hottest of all my 200's. Will turn the last couple burner tube threads in to see if that helps.
A 242 (?)of his is in the shed waiting. Vent separated , but that's the least of it's needing attention.
A couple Coleman power plants are waiting too. Missing a knob (the harder to find one of course) on one , but between the two of them I should get a runner.
Tarry founts inside though. That will cost time.

Need to get a list made and order some parts.
One of the 200's bought for parts had the wrong burner on it.(A one piece tube and burner from a lantern I'm not familiar with.) Turned out to be a decent lantern after some effort. And another had the burner broke off the tube with the burner missing. How , I don't know...

My first Coleman 200 was a rescue of sorts that needed attention in my preteen years , over 45ish years ago.
Was told if I could fix it , I could have it.

Took the plunge and nabbed a 220. And a 228. Price was right and they cleaned up tolerably. Had a reflector for the 220 for some odd reason , so had an excuse.(?) l.o.l..

Other hobbies.
Been slackin on fishing. About as much as on metal detecting...

Hunting , with deer forefront , as well as habitat work on my hunting property.

Farmall Cubs. A 1948 with a Woods 42 brush hog , and a 53 with a Wagner loader.

Dogs. Lots of dogs.

Scratchin in the dirt trying to garden.

Last edited:

Milspec6

Jun 22, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those 220A were always good burners, even if you convert them to run on kerosene.

One of my favorites is the old multi-fuel military lantern from 1964. It has to be the scariest thing ever to light and often ends up just being a giant fireball. Pretty cool lantern though.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those 220A were always good burners, even if you convert them to run on kerosene.

One of my favorites is the old multi-fuel military lantern from 1964. It has to be the scariest thing ever to light and often ends up just being a giant fireball. Pretty cool lantern though.
Back in the early 80s I took a kerosene heater home from my brothers second hand store. Used it for a couple of nights to make life comfortable in the camper.
Ran out of fuel, and I filled it with white naptha gas.
It burned kind of strange, ran out of fuel after a few hrs.
Went to refill and boom!
I still carry the scar on the lower calf where I went through the door!
I'm kind of shy when it comes to fuel filled appliances now. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread