Other hobbies/interests
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree23Likes
  • 8 Post By Xraywolf
  • 2 Post By GB1
  • 6 Post By PaleIO
  • 2 Post By Milspec6
  • 2 Post By releventchair
  • 2 Post By Milspec6
  • 1 Post By pepperj

Thread: Other hobbies/interests

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex
    2510 times
    Metal Detecting

Other hobbies/interests

Always like hearing what other guys are into outside of metal detecting. Personally don't have alot of free time been working right through the pandemic [construction] But I spend some of my free time designing and making things on a CNC machine for fun and profit, here are some recent examples [sorry if they are sideways] Also play guitar and have a 68 Firebird to keep me busy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5247.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	874.6 KB 
ID:	1836370   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5228.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	851.1 KB 
ID:	1836371   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5204.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	1836372   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5082.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	513.9 KB 
ID:	1836373   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5008.jpg 
Size:	781.7 KB 
ID:	1836374  

GB1, chub, Mudflap and 5 others like this.

GB1
    us
    Classic car lover

Jul 2017
    East TX
    Teknectics eurotek pro bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2 used a teroso compadre.
    21168 times
    baseball cards,hunting,bottle digging,coin roll hunting,shooting,Metal Detecting, swimming,
    Banner Finds (1)
    nice drawings. I magnet fish, target practice, collect baseball cards, and fixin to start fixing up a 1973 chevy custom deluxe truck
    PaleIO and A2coins like this.
    audemus jura nostra defendere

neque deditionem

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2020
    New Mexico
    Minelab X-Terra 705
    291 times
    Relic Hunting
    This is my brand new hobby. Finished my hive area with the rock today. Going to pick up my new bees on Saturday evening. Hopefully they are good workers and provide us with lots of fresh honey!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200528_183306.jpg 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	1837301
    DizzyDigger, chub, pepperj and 3 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    41236 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Those are pretty cool wish I had access to a CNC Router I have a Trans Am love the 68 bird

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 34 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Mar 2012
    Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
    Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3). Detecting since 1972.
    1328 times
    Nice artwork. That's a cool hobby.

us
    El Padron

Oct 2010
    Southern California
    The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
    507 times
    Unreported banner: 3 (maybe 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xraywolf View Post
    Always like hearing what other guys are into outside of metal detecting. Personally don't have alot of free time been working right through the pandemic [construction] But I spend some of my free time designing and making things on a CNC machine for fun and profit, here are some recent examples [sorry if they are sideways] Also play guitar and have a 68 Firebird to keep me busy.
    Hello,

Prewar Standard guage tinplate Lionel trains.

I don't have a lot of free time, but I have built some huge (20 feet high at center) quanset hut style warehouses very cheaply in deep East county, so I have lots space and I finally am relatively organized.

Before about 2000 Old tinplate Lionel was very expensive. Complete set old 400E locomotives complete with the three either blue or state passenger cars would often sell for $10,000
    or more at specialty train shops or collectors auctions.

By About 2014 they were often available seperately for very little money.

There are original trains with just a few dozen examples left in the world that sold for nothing at esate sales.
    No interest at all.
    Young people certainly wanted nothing to do with them and the new technologically advanced hardware (Scale, Blue tooth, station and passenger sounds, remote control, etc) was much more desirable to new colectors.

There are many iconic preware tinplate Lionel trains, some very very rare, and lately they have been starting to be more appreciated.

I've even thinned out my collection a little in the face of some high offers I have received.

I have a setup I often run 14 inches below the cieling circumference of one of my offices and people are often amazed that it dates back to 1912.
    Last edited by el padron; Jun 01, 2020 at 08:54 PM.

um
    Jun 2020
    LA
    9 times
    I love camping and I always take with me a metal detector
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jun 24, 2020 at 07:06 AM.

us
    Sep 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
    4225 times
    I'll never forget a fellow's note on his senior grad pic in the year book, "Interested in Jack Daniels".

Me, I'm a drummer and I sing a little as well. I also have a problem with classic Mercury Cougars. Yes, it is a problem when you own ten of them.

Apr 2017
    Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2 Nokta pinpointer
    1962 times
    Also keep bees, Just finished an perfect replica of the worlds most expensive chair.

Chub

us
    Jun 2020
    Nebraska
    Nokta Simplex
    96 times
    Playing guitar
    Restoring antique Coleman lanterns
    Restoring old tube radios and amplifiers
    Was a marathoner for decades, but age forced that hobby to end
    releventchair and pepperj like this.

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    23920 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Milspec6 View Post
    Playing guitar
    Restoring antique Coleman lanterns
    Restoring old tube radios and amplifiers
    Was a marathoner for decades, but age forced that hobby to end
    Got another 200A up and running that was Dads. Runs hottest of all my 200's. Will turn the last couple burner tube threads in to see if that helps.
    A 242 (?)of his is in the shed waiting. Vent separated , but that's the least of it's needing attention.
    A couple Coleman power plants are waiting too. Missing a knob (the harder to find one of course) on one , but between the two of them I should get a runner.
    Tarry founts inside though. That will cost time.

Need to get a list made and order some parts.
    One of the 200's bought for parts had the wrong burner on it.(A one piece tube and burner from a lantern I'm not familiar with.) Turned out to be a decent lantern after some effort. And another had the burner broke off the tube with the burner missing. How , I don't know...

My first Coleman 200 was a rescue of sorts that needed attention in my preteen years , over 45ish years ago.
    Was told if I could fix it , I could have it.

Took the plunge and nabbed a 220. And a 228. Price was right and they cleaned up tolerably. Had a reflector for the 220 for some odd reason , so had an excuse.(?) l.o.l..

Other hobbies.
    Been slackin on fishing. About as much as on metal detecting...

Hunting , with deer forefront , as well as habitat work on my hunting property.

Farmall Cubs. A 1948 with a Woods 42 brush hog , and a 53 with a Wagner loader.

Dogs. Lots of dogs.

Scratchin in the dirt trying to garden.
    Last edited by releventchair; Jun 24, 2020 at 03:36 PM.
    Milspec6 and pepperj like this.

us
    Jun 2020
    Nebraska
    Nokta Simplex
    96 times
    Those 220A were always good burners, even if you convert them to run on kerosene.

One of my favorites is the old multi-fuel military lantern from 1964. It has to be the scariest thing ever to light and often ends up just being a giant fireball. Pretty cool lantern though.
    pepperj and releventchair like this.

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    22487 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Milspec6 View Post
    Those 220A were always good burners, even if you convert them to run on kerosene.

One of my favorites is the old multi-fuel military lantern from 1964. It has to be the scariest thing ever to light and often ends up just being a giant fireball. Pretty cool lantern though.
    Back in the early 80s I took a kerosene heater home from my brothers second hand store. Used it for a couple of nights to make life comfortable in the camper.
    Ran out of fuel, and I filled it with white naptha gas.
    It burned kind of strange, ran out of fuel after a few hrs.
    Went to refill and boom!
    I still carry the scar on the lower calf where I went through the door!
    I'm kind of shy when it comes to fuel filled appliances now.
    releventchair likes this.

Sponsored Links