need color suggestions

wokedes238

Aug 18, 2020
United States
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone.
I have A very Long living room with an oversized couch. I want some color suggestions for my room.
I was thinking more of going with a Yellow color pallette or brown. The room is long and narrow. There is dead space behind the couch. would like to be able to tie it in somehow with paint combo. Across the couch is tv with shelves (greyish/brown). Should I try to go lighter or will a dark color provide a good contrast. I am Little Bit Confused. Your Suggestions appreciated.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A picture might help. Dark colours tend to suck the light up.
Do you have enough windows/natural lighting to carry a dark colour?
Example we were invited over to a persons house.
She had painted the living room in a dark green, the other room in a lighter tone.
The real estate stated paint them a light colour, because it was too dark-nobody would buy the place.

It's your walls, nobody has to look at them except you.

controlfreq

Dec 2, 2007
Yea, it's all about appearance.

When the wife and I were house shopping years ago we had just left a house when she said "we're not getting that one". I was impressed. "So you saw the stress cracks around the windows indicating foundation damage as well as the other obvious short cuts taken by the builder...?" No!, she says, "it had a brown bath tub. Nobody wants a brown bath tub..."

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yea, it's all about appearance.

When the wife and I were house shopping years ago we had just left a house when she said "we're not getting that one". I was impressed. "So you saw the stress cracks around the windows indicating foundation damage as well as the other obvious short cuts taken by the builder...?" No!, she says, "it had a brown bath tub. Nobody wants a brown bath tub..."

:laughing7::icon_thumleft:

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very light blue, very light gray, or very light yellow.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’d go light grey a bit on the warm side if you have exposed hardwood floors.
I’ve photographed hundreds of properties for local real estate agents and seen some awful room colors but various shades of grey have always looked the most pleasing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread