jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listed on Craigs List within 25 Mile of Me https://harrisburg.craigslist.org/cto/d/palmyra-chevy-tahoe-ltz-very-good/7175649669.html

Good deal for someone if True

Hello Jeff
My name is Susan, happy to see you are interested in my 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ AWD. Let me give you a few details about it. Really good shape, never had any problems with it, no scratches or dents, 36,134 Miles, Automatic, 5.3L V8 Vortec Engine, the title is clear under my name. Rear view camera,Navigation/Bluetooth/USB, SONY Subwoofer and over 12 total speakers, Parking sensors,Spor Package,Alloy Wheels,Clean interior,Sunroof,Allow Wheels,Tinted windows and much more.
The price is only $1,500. I’m selling it so low due the fact that my Medical team will deploy back overseas on September 5th for a 18 months contract and it's not worth keeping insurance and paying storage fees for it so there's no use on keeping it, therefore I need a fast and reliable buyer. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
PS: You can found more pictures attached.
Sincerely,
Senior Medic Sgt. Susan Parker

$1500.00 ?

She Sent me dozens Of Pics, I'm Salivating & Ready to Get a Ride Down the road :laughing7:

000aaa.jpg 000bbb.jpg 000ccc.jpg

Hi again Jeff,I will do my best to walk you through the process. As I told you in my first email, my team will deploy back overseas. Right now I'm in a military base (Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska). We are in the final stage of our training and I am only allowed to check my email so we have to stick to email for now. The vehicle is here with me at the base and the delivery process will be managed by me, ready to be delivered to its future new owner. The deal is handled by eBay so I don't have much to do about it. I think I can have it there at your home address in 2-3 days. In addition, you get 5 days to try it out before buying it, and if you don't like it, you can send it back at my expense.
For more info on how it works, I can ask eBay to send you an email with more details on how to buy it but please send me the info only if you are really interested so do not have to waste our time. They will contact you shortly, as soon as they have your personal details. If you would like to receive the email from eBay Motors with transaction information, please reply with your full name, address for delivery and phone # and they will contact you right away.
Thank you!

Delivery to PA From Nebraska ?

Will it look like This ?

s-l500.jpg

or cost a few thousand ?

I Told her Never mind :)

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They ask for a some kind of eletric transfer, lady out of Georgia tried the same scam on me. Different vehicle.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Tons of scammers on Craigslist.

First redflag is price well below market.
Second red flag is , the alleged seller can't find a buyer at hand for a great deal?

Emoji's and symbols are another.(I realize your example does not show such).

Text only is another , believe it or not , but when accompanied by a steal of a price ;it's a scam.

Here I see certain names with a g-mail behind(part of them). Nine or more times out of ten, searching them on google shows a scam.

Google searches of names often reveal a scammer using a popular/know name of someone real. Not the seller though.

Any seller wanting bitcoin or giftcards, money to help share shipping, down paynment , ect...Well you may figure that out.

Any seller not willing to meet at your local police department , might be a scammer.

One I toyed with had a great quad cheap. Divorce ,was my husbands blah blah blah.
O.K. darling , where is the quads physical location so I can inspect it?
Oh it's far from you. But I can ship it with some money down.
Where is the quad physically located?
It's in such and such a city.
If you give me more specifics , I have an associate in the area I can have check it out in a couple days.
Silence/no reply......

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tons of scammers on Craigslist.

First redflag is price well below market.
Second red flag is , the alleged seller can't find a buyer at hand for a great deal?

Emoji's and symbols are another.(I realize your example does not show such).

Text only is another , believe it or not , but when accompanied by a steal of a price ;it's a scam.

Here I see certain names with a g-mail behind(part of them). Nine or more times out of ten, searching them on google shows a scam.

Google searches of names often reveal a scammer using a popular/know name of someone real. Not the seller though.

Any seller wanting bitcoin or giftcards, money to help share shipping, down paynment , ect...Well you may figure that out.

Any seller not willing to meet at your local police department , might be a scammer.

One I toyed with had a great quad cheap. Divorce ,was my husbands blah blah blah.
O.K. darling , where is the quads physical location so I can inspect it?
Oh it's far from you. But I can ship it with some money down.
Where is the quad physically located?
It's in such and such a city.
If you give me more specifics , I have an associate in the area I can have check it out in a couple days.
Silence/no reply......

yea I was worried that even $1500 for that was priced out of my range.
When Transferring Cars here, It is Tuff to B.S. them, To get away with Lower Taxes.

and the only Way I could have Bought that for $1500 + actual real Tax may have been if I were a Family Member.
I Couldn't afford $600 in Tax
and the gruberment probably wouldn't take our word on price.

kind of like when ya win a $30,000.00 Car The shake-down artists at the IRS Expect $1800.00 too

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
$9000 to $12000 dollars for similar vehicles with a hundred thousand more miles.

IF you were at a military base with folks coming and going , and the not unusual secondhand stores,pawnshop ect. near base , you would not need to be advertising beyond your local area.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions