Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCF0004.JPG

Ever since I Bought a New Flip Phone these Come in as Messages.

Are they attempts to put a virus on my Phone ?
Attempts to get me to supply Personal info ?
simple text spam ?
did ATT Subscribe me to Something I Can Unsubscribe to ?

000bbb.jpg

Sorry Reading what is on Google when I search Multime is in English ,
But may as well be in Martian. Makes no sense to me :(

If someone can Explain in Pre 1973 non Computer / Non Cell phone English ? Please !

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm I Just had an Idea, Perhaps my Nephew will Know.
I'll alert him to this Post :tongue3: I hate to Call ATT & wait all day for a Live Person Who Talks Ciomputer

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeff.

Itā€™s not a ā€˜multimeā€™. Your display is truncating an alert that you have received a ā€˜multimediaā€™ message.

Multimedia messages are handled by the same app that you use for texting, but ā€“ unlike a simple text message ā€“ it also contains something else. That something else is usually a picture; it can also be a short video or even an audio clip (voice message, piece of music or whatever).

The alert may be necessary for one of two reasons. Firstly, receiving a multimedia message may incur a small feeā€¦ even if you have a contract deal that gives you free text messages. Emoticons/Emojis (or ā€˜smileysā€™ in simple jargon) are also sometimes treated as pictures, depending on the format in which they have been generated. Secondly, not all cell phones are capable of receiving multimedia messages via their default app that handles texting. In those cases, clicking on the message may direct you to a web page where the message can be viewed or listened to in full via your internet connection.

I donā€™t know what ā€œdrivernoticejqsdwlvā€¦ā€ might mean, but presumably relates to your phoneā€™s software for texting, or the person/organisation who sent you the message. I donā€™t think there is anything sinister about getting an alert such as this.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeff.

Itā€™s not a ā€˜multimeā€™. Your display is truncating an alert that you have received a ā€˜multimediaā€™ message.

Multimedia messages are handled by the same app that you use for texting, but ā€“ unlike a simple text message ā€“ it also contains something else. That something else is usually a picture; it can also be a short video or even an audio clip (voice message, piece of music or whatever).

The alert may be necessary for one of two reasons. Firstly, receiving a multimedia message may incur a small feeā€¦ even if you have a contract deal that gives you free text messages. Emoticons/Emojis (or ā€˜smileysā€™ in simple jargon) are also sometimes treated as pictures, depending on the format in which they have been generated. Secondly, not all cell phones are capable of receiving multimedia messages via their default app that handles texting. In those cases, clicking on the message may direct you to a web page where the message can be viewed or listened to in full via your internet connection.

I donā€™t know what ā€œdrivernoticejqsdwlvā€¦ā€ might mean, but presumably relates to your phoneā€™s software for texting, or the person/organisation who sent you the message. I donā€™t think there is anything sinister about getting an alert such as this.

Thanks ! I Guess I will have to Try and Contact a Live person at ATT & See if I Can Block Them.
I did Have Texts Blocked Before I Got the New FlipPhone. Maybe they Unblocked something :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions