Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe No Big Deal & there is a Logical Reason :dontknow:

I'm sitting Here Watching Youtube
& Out the Corner of My Eye a flash Distracts Me.
I see my Phone sitting on the Desk Like this

DSCF0007.JPG

But there is a Light Under it

Here

000aaa.jpg

The Screen is Not lit, & the Light Goes Out.
I stare for a Couple seconds & the Light Comes back on ,
Screen still Does Not come on.

First Thought Camera Lens
???

Then No I have the Lens Covered with a return Address Sticker

DSCF0003.JPG

This Screen Lit, Was Blank, But Lit

00ccc.jpg

Has me wondering if Someone Tried to Remotely Turn My camera on,
Or if the Phone outside screen Lights when something Updates, But doesn't Light the inside screen. or Displays :unhappysmiley:

if I knew it was a spy,I'd find a pic of the ugliest hairy butt, Or Maxinne Waters Lips & Point the Camera That way from now on.
then wait to Read Chinese Spys are Throwing up & Going Insane & Blind

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe No Big Deal & there is a Logical Reason :dontknow:

I'm sitting Here Watching Youtube
& Out the Corner of My Eye a flash Distracts Me.
I see my Phone sitting on the Desk Like this

View attachment 1871048

But there is a Light Under it

Here

View attachment 1871050

The Screen is Not lit, & the Light Goes Out.
I stare for a Couple seconds & the Light Comes back on ,
Screen still Does Not come on.

First Thought Camera Lens
???

Then No I have the Lens Covered with a return Address Sticker

View attachment 1871051

This Screen Lit, Was Blank, But Lit

View attachment 1871052

Has me wondering if Someone Tried to Remotely Turn My camera on,
Or if the Phone outside screen Lights when something Updates, But doesn't Light the inside screen. or Displays :unhappysmiley:

if I knew it was a spy,I'd find a pic of the ugliest hairy butt, Or Maxinne Waters Lips & Point the Camera That way from now on.
then wait to Read Chinese Spys are Throwing up & Going Insane & Blind

Switch to Verison and change the Maxinne to Nancy.:laughing7:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh sheesh he did not "like" or reply... hmmm... jeff you don't really sit and chat in the nude do you ? ? ?

:P

Maybe the answer to that question is "only with Nancy" :occasion14:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't think you wouldn't be spied on by our government, the Chinese don't care about what your doing as much as our government does. HH

jacobgosling

Jun 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi,

Jeff, that looks like a flip phone from 1992...lol I doubt if any spyware software has been written for or any back-doors built into that model!

However, I share your paranoia (heightened state of awareness) when it comes to "smart" technology. However, that Flintstone phone is not very smart...lol

By the way, I feel privileged to live in such close proximity to the Grand High Poobah of Treasurenet. You're just across the river from me. Have you ever found any Lenape artifacts?

Best regards,

JG

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

Jeff, that looks like a flip phone from 1992...lol I doubt if any spyware software has been written for or any back-doors built into that model!

However, I share your paranoia (heightened state of awareness) when it comes to "smart" technology. However, that Flintstone phone is not very smart...lol

By the way, I feel privileged to live in such close proximity to the Grand High Poobah of Treasurenet. You're just across the river from me. Have you ever found any Lenape artifacts?

Best regards,

JG

no , I just Purchased it at the AT&T Store a Few Months ago.
They finally Started selling flip Phones again.
So I'm pretty Confident it's a new Version of the Older Models

jacobgosling

Jun 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
Then I take it all back. In reference to a phone, the biggest threat to your privacy are the Apps. The entire purpose of creating an App, is to entice the phone owner into downloading what is essentially a spyware package hidden behind some useful or entertaining functionality like a game. We all know that corporations are liars when they tell us 'we're not spying on you' or 'selling your personal information.'

Some Apps are preinstalled and cannot be removed without compromising the functionality of your phone. They are designed that way. It's no guarantee that the App will cease spying on you (collecting data), but you should make sure you have disallowed the use of the camera or microphone on all Apps installed on your phone. Of course the Apps are set to 'share' your date and access your camera and mic by default. Make sure you have opted out of 'sharing data' with Google etc. Your phone's manufacturer has hidden default 'data sharing' in a hundred places. Check everything on your phone.

The Carriers, Google, Microsoft, and their marketing partners all want access to your contact list (saved numbers/names/ addresses). Which is why I do not save any numbers or addresses on my Android. If you can't remember their number, they're probably not that important. They also want to track your browsing history.

When not in use, I always throw something over my phone. A hat, an envelope, a towel. Anything to block the unauthorized participation of the phone's camera or microphone in my home life. On my laptop, I have a piece of tape over the camera. Just like Mark Zuckerberg does with his. Hmmmm...

And remember. Paranoia is but a heightened state of awareness.

Best regards,

JG

howardssdunn

Apr 5, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may look like paranoia but I think that there are a lot of hidden spy apps that can track all of your activity and send your data to the databases of developers of the current model. Also, do not forget about such apps as sim-card location trackers and other technologies. But when I realized that my wife can track my devices easily I've started thinking about the device without internet connection and camera to feel safer.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no , I just Purchased it at the AT&T Store a Few Months ago.
They finally Started selling flip Phones again.
So I'm pretty Confident it's a new Version of the Older Models

New number?

If so, I predict a long string of unwanted calls to you by debt collectors looking for the previous user of that number. I've had the same number for the last 15 years, still get calls and text saying "Where you go with our Cadillac? :dontknow:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Nope Same Number.

If I Owe someone money They can still get a hold of Me as long as they Talk.
and ask for me by Name.

and when I ask "Why ? " they want me , they clearly state why

When they ask for me by Name I Don't say "Yes" I ask "Why ?" or say "your speaking to me" if I'm expecting a call

Last edited:

Timothy Love

Oct 25, 2022
Wouldn't it be too paranoid that there's still such a thing as cell phone spies? But it is true that big data will monitor.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread