Calling all USAF members...active, retired or other...

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• vbgarage-1.jpg
    vbgarage-1.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 298
OP
OP
AlaskaAng

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE** Re: Calling all USAF members...active, retired or other...

Hi All,

Just a quick update to this post from Nov 2007...well I finally retired on 1 Sep 2010 as a Senior Master Sergeant with 24 yrs. My husband (late) retired on 4 Dec 07 (100% medical) but I later lost him to cancer on 6 Sep 08. He made it to the top (Chief Master Sergeant, USAF) and did 27 years honerable service. I've managed to move past loosing him but will never forget him and everything he taught me about being a good Airman; he was my mentor.

I wasn't able to do much detecting or get on TN much during his illness but I didn't loose my love for this hobby. I'm back in full swing now and have a new ETRAC and MXT! I'm recently engaged to another USAF guy (who retires next Oct) and who also loves this hobby! We hope to dedicate our spare time to detecting as much as possible and will focus on the midwest US!

Looking forward to May so we can detect and gold dredge!

Happy Detecting and stay warm this winter!
AlaskaAng

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about the bad time you went thru with your late husband, that is such a shame, my sympathy goes to you and his family. I am glad you moved on and congratulations on meeting someone else to spend your life with! My daughter lost her fiance when she was about 30 and never really has gotten over that, a very long and difficult period for her..

Wish you luck with your new detectors and have fun trying gold dredging...

Don

OP
OP
AlaskaAng

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don,

Thanks for you kind words and thoughts. After watching my Dad loose my mom to cancer after 30 yrs of marriage and then seeing him be able to move on, re-marry and happy again...I knew it's what I had to do. I'm sure it would make you happy to see your daughter happy again in a relationship and I'm sure she will with time. I'm not sure I could go through that again though, it was the worst time in my life especially after loosing Mom when she was only 47.

Best wishes,
Angie

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Angie.

Navy Oct 1941, Guadalcanal aug 11, 1942 , etc., after the war, and premed school, USAF flight training. now a bone fide tropical tramp. Wanna sail off with me to my hidden un inhabited tropical island?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck and wishes Angie...............

Remember when someone loves you, they truly want you to be happy and enjoy your life......I am positive your husband would want you to be happy and enjoy the rest of your life on what ever path it takes.......

Good luck and good hunting..........

satellite

Sep 30, 2006
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cult Member
Cutlass II micromax
Bandido II micromax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carswell 1984-85
Myrtle Beach 1986-88
461XX Ammo

jayallday01

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab's E-trac, Excal 1000, Quattro
Lets see...

Started off as a 274X1, then they changed the AFSC to 1C3X1 (Command & Control)

Basic Training: Nov 1989 - Jan 1990
Misawa AB, Japan: 1990-1992
Scott AFB, IL: 1992-1994
Noervenich AB, Germany: 1994-1996
Spangdahlem AB, Germany: 1996-2000
Andrews AFB, MD: 2000-2003
Hickam AFB, HI: 2003-2007
Dyess AFB, TX: 2007-Present

Many TDY's and deployments in between.

Its been a fun ride........have seen alot of changes....met alot of people.....some good, some stupid, some bad.......but my time is soon ending. I will give MSgt one more shot and if I dont make it.....I am pulling chocks!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jayallday01 said:
Lets see...

Started off as a 274X1, then they changed the AFSC to 1C3X1 (Command & Control)

Basic Training: Nov 1989 - Jan 1990
Misawa AB, Japan: 1990-1992
Scott AFB, IL: 1992-1994
Noervenich AB, Germany: 1994-1996
Spangdahlem AB, Germany: 1996-2000
Andrews AFB, MD: 2000-2003
Hickam AFB, HI: 2003-2007
Dyess AFB, TX: 2007-Present

Many TDY's and deployments in between.

Its been a fun ride........have seen alot of changes....met alot of people.....some good, some stupid, some bad.......but my time is soon ending. I will give MSgt one more shot and if I dont make it.....I am pulling chocks!

jayallday01,

Welcome to TN.......

Good luck on which ever way you go, but unless your going to do full retirement, now isn't the best time to re-enter the cilivian job market......I use to think nothing could be as screwed up as some of the military officers I worked for till I got out and found it is the same military or civilian, working for a butthead is still working for a butthead...

hypoman

Jul 25, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
AlaskaAng said:
Hi all,

I've heard that many of the TN members are military...I was wondering how many are in the USAF...either active duty, retired or discharged.

I'm active duty, 21 yrs, E-8 and stationed at Eielson AFB near Fairbanks Alaska. I'm a 2S091 (Supply Troop).
My husband Jim is also active duty, 27 yrs, E-9 and a weapons loader.

BTW, my heart goes out to the Soilders (mostly Army) who are coming home badly injured one way or another. My husband and I spent the past week at Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC) and it's sad to see how badly injured these young guys and gals are; the surprising thing is that most have great attitudes and want to continue to serve if possible! God bless our soilders for their strength and will!

V/r
AlaskaAng

It's bad at all of them. I was in Walter Reed and I thought my injuries were bad....my heart was crushed in that place.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you to all you Air Force personel for letting me take off in your aircraft I was so proud to jump out of!! C130's, C141's, Sky Cranes, (long time ago), Chinooks, Huey's and other long forgotten aircraft!

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Retired MSgt July 2000.
24 Years
Flight Engineer C-141 A/B, C-130E, KC-10A
Last Assignment Travis AFB. Fairfield, Ca.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions