How many DON'T have facebook/twitter ect accounts ?

Do you have any "social media" accounts ?

• Total voters

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't have any myself, have yet to make my first tweet or post how my day is going on facebook.
Never felt the need, there are a variety of reasons why, some which would veer into politics, but I'd say the primary reason is it would be a colossal waste of time.

People that have family living out of state I can see using a resource like that to keep in touch, and maybe people that use if for business.
Seems to me that most folks are there to bicker and thump their chests or maybe just have too much time on their hands, and have never seen that as a viable endeavor for me.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I do not, and will not subscribe to either of those sites

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok I really really thought there was maybe 8-10 sites-non of which I even belong to or wish to belong to.
But like a cat the curiosity got the best of me so I Googled it and there seems to be 95 sites that are on the "Need to Know" basis?
I really don't think so.
But old Wiki gives the breakdown and what the site focus is about.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_social_networking_services

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While it might be fun or interesting in theory to use something like Facebook to keep in touch with distant family and friends, IMO, the negatives outweigh the positives and I will not get an account.

When Facebook first started, our state gov't required by executive order, all state workers to provide their facebook passwords so they - and their contacts, could be more easily monitored. I ignored the executive order, refused to sign an acknowledgement that I read, understood or agreed with it, and nothing ever happened. Thirty years later I met a guy who told me that his job was to monitor our emails and social media. Big brother at work...

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Twitter, but have a FB account just to connect with old school and work and military buddies.

Belong to several detecting forums, about as social as I get!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on another 30 day ban on FB for comment I made about Biden and Harris being on Time cover. LOL.....

FKemp

Dec 17, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't even see the point in using them. If I want to communicate with friends/family I use messengers. All they do is try to shove whatever trend is popular down your throat IMO.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you ignore social media during election times you will lose a lot of potential voters. Look at the Walk Away Campaign page, it has over 507,000 members, vast majority are former democrats who got fed up with Democrat party and left it and became Republican or Independent.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you ignore social media during election times you will lose a lot of potential voters. Look at the Walk Away Campaign page, it has over 507,000 members, vast majority are former democrats who got fed up with Democrat party and left it and became Republican or Independent.

...or Lincoln Project members.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
The Election is OVER! Let's move forward as the UNITED States like we did 4 years ago!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Of course the election is over. On Janualry 20th, Biden will be the 46th president of our USA. I don't know, nor care who MSM is and they don't tell me squat. I eat eggs. I don't hatch them and I certianly don't count chickens..

Again, don't let your emotions get the better of you. I'm a lifelong registered Republican.

Gettin' kinda political here...

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Of course the election is over. On Janualry 20th, Biden will be the 46th president of our USA. I don't know, nor care who MSM is and they don't tell me squat. I eat eggs. I don't hatch them and I certianly don't count chickens..

Again, don't let your emotions get the better of you. I'm a lifelong registered Republican.

Gettin' kinda political here...

I guess you do not raise your own then.

It is not the 20th yet,is there a possibility something might change,or is it written in stone.I control my emotions,they do not control me.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THIS IS... my "social media".

When MySpace first came out I had account that I abandoned... never to use it again.

Pre that... It was the IRC days... Of which I was an "Operator"... same as a moderator here.

For business you sorta have to be "plugged in" to the bigger media's... short of that... I could care less what strangers are doing or saying every day.

And care even more less to share everything... don't have the will or drive to "keep up" with it... or the "look at me, look at me" need.

Already not enough hours in the day as it is. heh

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THIS IS... my "social media".

When MySpace first came out I had account that I abandoned... never to use it again.

Pre that... It was the IRC days... Of which I was an "Operator"... same as a moderator here.

For business you sorta have to be "plugged in" to the bigger media's... short of that... I could care less what strangers are doing or saying every day.

And care even more less to share everything... don't have the will or drive to "keep up" with it... or the "look at me, look at me" need.

Already not enough hours in the day as it is. heh

Remember My Space, but what is IRC??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread