I really don't know where to start here, been isolated so long.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been without a vehicle for over 5 years now - actually six.

I'm pretty cool living in invisibility, don't give much concern about anything = guess I gave up along the way.

I just can't do that anymore.

My truck has been in my yard for six years now = dead for a long time while I just hide up the holler - and now my neighbor is pushing to resurrect it. I guess this is going to happen. That truck destroyed my world and absolutely impacted me as all I ever wanted was to find a place where I could just be alone.

My neighbor is pressing me to get it going,

That is coming I guess, and just maybe it's right to do. Absolutely I need to be awakened and I admit that.
That truck destroyed me.

Just time to get going again, and I do have good friends here. Met many good people here before I gave up.

Maybe it's time to come alive again...

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A lot of us here have more in common with you than you think. I don’t mind being alone I’m comfortable being with myself do to social anxiety. My wife says I’m the most outgoing loner she’s ever met I don’t like large crowds I don’t like being somewhere where I don’t know anyone and I’m more alone when I’m around people but if there’s a guide pumping gas next to me me and him can have a conversation for 15 minutes lol But I will say I have to get out of the house and let the sun shine in my face weather sort of predict my moods and if I’m alone for too long at home it’s not a good neighborhood in between my ears. I appreciate your sharing your story and I hope you can overcome whatever is stopping you in Jesus name we pray amen

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good post and a lot of good advice in that posted by Truth, however, I say.....burn the truck.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Good post and a lot of good advice in that posted by Truth, however, I say.....burn the truck.

Oh yes I've wanted to do that!!!

What happened was before I retired, I bought a really nice truck. And then the danged thing went through continuous gear shifts. Kinda like driving 60 mph and it suddenly shifting to LOW. Gave me too many thrills and FORD abandoned me, couldn't fix it.

So, got this really pretty truck I can't drive. I have some profanity which should be given to FOMOCO

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A lot of us here have more in common with you than you think. I don’t mind being alone I’m comfortable being with myself do to social anxiety. My wife says I’m the most outgoing loner she’s ever met I don’t like large crowds I don’t like being somewhere where I don’t know anyone and I’m more alone when I’m around people but if there’s a guide pumping gas next to me me and him can have a conversation for 15 minutes

Damn...you described me to a "T"..must be a brother from another mother! :occasion14:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of us here have more in common with you than you think. I don’t mind being alone I’m comfortable being with myself do to social anxiety. My wife says I’m the most outgoing loner she’s ever met I don’t like large crowds I don’t like being somewhere where I don’t know anyone and I’m more alone when I’m around people but if there’s a guide pumping gas next to me me and him can have a conversation for 15 minutes lol But I will say I have to get out of the house and let the sun shine in my face weather sort of predict my moods and if I’m alone for too long at home it’s not a good neighborhood in between my ears. I appreciate your sharing your story and I hope you can overcome whatever is stopping you in Jesus name we pray amen

I fish a lot.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm only suggesting Deep....
Be fair with your neighbor.
And more importantly , you two are (don't argue with me on this) NOT the Dukes of Hazzard!
But have fun regardless. Key word , fun.

I bought a new truck. It's like a race car compared to the old tank. But sure not the "truck" the old one is either..
I still have my old fraught with excitement old truck. Been plowing snow with it. Dealer and also my mechanic elsewhere assured me I have brakes.
Now , I know what I have. Maybe they don't want to work on the rust bucket. The vacuum booster is faded to where the brakes are brakes in the academic sense.
Topped a hill hauling a tractor to find a propane truck backing up for a driveway it missed.
Boy Howdy my foot is a couple inches shorter still from pressing on the brake pedal.
The electric trailer brakes are what saved the day....

Always good to have what's in the yard running.
What don't run can be patient projects. Walk away for a while if you get frustrated. It will be interesting to learn the workaround on your tranny shifting...

Come spring I'll be making the rounds.
Both tractors. Then the three wheeler.
My neighbors on the dirt road will be thrilled. Maybe. If not , I'll be singing born to be wild anyways!
I'd wager you'd have fun on any of them too.
This picture is not mine. Remove the boiler plate under the footrest and take off the windshield ,add some rust and you'd have mine.
You could check the mail in a jiffy with it! After it gets running again from sitting in the yard. Did I mention the throttle cable freezing at full throttle one winter?
I did some interesting things trying to slow it down before hitting a snow bank (one of the only couple without stumps in them) at the end of the road and stalling it.
I thawed the low spot in the cable and made another run. And it froze again. That time at over twenty m.p.h. I had the mind to use the kill switch.
Ya , I'm slow sometimes...
Mine is a 1979.
Kits started at around 500 bucks. Made here in Mi. Benton Harbor.
Remember Heath kit radios? The owner got into a mini bike kit. And eventually sold out of the motorized stuff.
An engineer of his took on that part.
I called him(the engineer who was into parts , taking over after the company quit building kits) when he was in his seventies to get some parts. Great guy. Really great..
He's retired now.
But has fans running his designs still. A Heald Hauler would be fun to find and restore. My Tryke lacks a reverse. An option.
I've seen rear ends I could put one on... But even you could work a Hauler around there. A gas mule of sorts.

You met me.
I should not ride a motorcycle again. But a guys gotta ride something fast (well sort of fast at least) sometimes.

Born to be willld..L.o.l..

tryke_004_1_.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
We as humans actually happen to be rather frail.

I viewed myself as HeMan woman lover, and then my pegs got completely knocked down. For over 5 years hiding up this holler - ya best come knocking because I'm gonna be cocking. All I ever wanted was to just be left alone.

I know through friends now that I am loved and respected by my neighbors. Oh man, good Lord, that is so beautiful = I have friends I did not know, and I am loved by others. In my 70's now and I guess I have more friends around me than I ever realized. That's pretty cool by me :)

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
And Dean my friend - you will always be welcome down here. It's pretty darned good place to be invisible :)

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
And, by the way - my truck got towed off somewhere, don't really know where it went. But it's supposed to come back to me all cured.

Thing is, I've not driven in over 5 years. I got some hesitations about that.

My neighbor, love him & her with all my heart, they're kinda kicking my butt into existing again.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of my neighbors moved in the last couple years. One house is now empty. One neighbor I have seen ONCE in the 2 years he has been here. They hide. The other neighbor is the one I saw putting a snake in my front lawn. I didn't really care, but really?

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And Dean my friend - you will always be welcome down here. It's pretty darned good place to be invisible :)

Well I appreciate that Dean I’ll find myself moving further and further every 10 years my goal is to have a white shell road that goes deep in the sticks so when people say “Oh Dear that’s too far out” I’ll can just say, “ I understand “ lol

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I appreciate that Dean I’ll find myself moving further and further every 10 years my goal is to have a white shell road that goes deep in the sticks so when people say “Oh Dear that’s too far out” I’ll can just say, “ I understand “ lol

That's what happened to me, many years in big cities, and then I came home and just wanted to be left alone. Well, I sure got that. Trouble is, that changes you psychologically. Mom, my 3 cats, our world is pretty tiny now. I don't deny that it has absolutely impacted who I am today. Maybe not in a positive way, but I found my peace. A kilometer up a holler with only one neighbor at the entrance to my driveway.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I was telling somebody else already this morning- "Today will be good day no matter if I like it or not".

It takes work to make a great day though. It most always takes an effort, so I might as well at least try to like every day I can.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Like I was telling somebody else already this morning- "Today will be good day no matter if I like it or not".

It takes work to make a great day though. It most always takes an effort, so I might as well at least try to like every day I can.

Don't know what to say here yet....

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Danged phone was ringing downstairs again - the post above. Got down there and the ringing stopped - didn't ever get the chance to cuss someone again = another lost opportunity.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread