Grandfather who dropped infant to her death through a cruise ship window avoids jail

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not the biggest fan of cruise lines since they had a major role in spreading the chinese infection, and are itching to set sail again ASAP.

Gotta say, agree with the cruise lines that this was in no way their fault. The guy clearly stuck his head out of the window, flippantly held the child out of it, and lost his grip, resulting in the death of the infant.
Would not think that letting a child pound on glass, as he said was his intent, would be the brightest idea anyhow.
I certainly sympathize for the loss but I think its time to drop the lawsuit and move on - As far as this guy guy [and he was the grandmas drunk boyfriend, not her actual grandfather], he ought to just come clean and admit that he made a series of horrible judgements that resulted in a childs death instead of looking for excuses.
Tough to see how he can even live with himself, I would think that continuing to cast excuses and placing blame elsewhere will make his remorse, if in fact he even feels any, worse in the long term.

[h=2]Grandfather who dropped his toddler granddaughter to her death through a cruise ship window avoids jail as he says he is 'angry and relieved' following sentencing[/h]
  • Salvatore Anello, of Valparaiso, Indiana, pleaded guilty in the case in October
  • His defense attorney said Anello would serve probation in his home state
  • Anello said he felt a 'mixture of anger and relief' following sentencing
  • He was aboard the Royal Caribbean Cruises´ Freedom of the Seas ship with family in July 2019 when he dropped 18-month-old Chloe Wiegand to her death
  • He has said he did not know the window in the children´s play area was open
  • The girl´s parents sued Royal Caribbean in a civil case that is still ongoing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ion-issued-Puerto-Rico-cruise-ship-death.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread