jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember back in the 70's I had 2 Uncles one my Moms Sisters Husband, Card is in Ontario, Canada,
So he got some good distance.

000aaa.jpg
They built an Ice Cream stand. Hence the Name Mr. Softy The Ice Cream King :laughing9:

The Other my Fathers Sisters Husband.

Card not on Ebay so I Can't show it JAMES DEGLER,
But his Call Number KOG-1573 is Ingrained in my Brain for the Last 40+ years too
:tongue3:

Any-Who ! I only watched this till the First Commercial Break, But since You need a License, I'm taking it
it is Closer to Short Wave, But Not, as it don't have the Distance

Why 2.6 Million People Can Push This Button But We Can't

Personally I Preferred CB , Simply for Emergencies while Driving. But Wireless Phones sort of Destroyed the Need for Most.

if you Liked talking about your Setup With
People you don't know.

Most Ham Operators seemed to have a One track mind their Set Up.

Last edited:

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VA7ELM with honors.

A QSL card is a written confirmation of either a two-way radiocommunication between two amateur radio or citizens band stations; a one-way reception of a signal from an AM radio, FM radio, television or shortwave broadcasting station; or the reception of a two-way radiocommunication by a third party listener. A typical QSL card is the same size and made from the same material as a typical postcard, and most are sent through the mail as such.
Had two or three shoe boxes full of QSL cards. Running a Kw on a stacked pair of moon raker sixes. When the skip was in I never slept.

Any of you work the low frequencies in the late 60s - 70s?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread