Think I got hacked somewhere along the way = am I safe even here?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited by a moderator:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone probably hacked your match. com account. I would go that account and see if you can change the password or permanently disable it.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess I'm stuck. Whatever happened, my password was changed and I can't get in anymore. I'll look more to see what I can do about that.

But I sure did get mighty popular all of a sudden! Me thinks they ain't real to begin with. Mom's 94 and our 3 cats make every single day a good one. Don't need no stinking scammers in my life!!!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I just pray they don't hit me here too.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to match. com. Scroll to the bottom of the page where it says "contact us". Click it. Then it moves to the top right and you can email them and ask to have the account disabled. I have never used their services, but worked for fraud for a big bank so this is how we found the contact info for our customers. You might also google them for a phone #.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure it's from Match ? I don't do any of those Sites.

a few months ago I was getting Emails from Women saying things Like, I've been trying to Find you And Sorry we lost contact.
I Never responded and they finally Stopped.

My guess fishing Emails

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh good Lord,

The county sheriff was just up here questioning me.

Kinda looks like this turned VERY serious.......

All I want in this life is to just be left alone....

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh good Lord,

Maybe try reverse psychology and try to attract attention? (No , don't.)

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
And on this end, the danged phone just keeps ringing.... Just went downstairs for a hangup.....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotta watch how I say this since it is in Everything Else Forum.

Find out the Way they Think & Invite them to Do the other.
If all else Fails Invite them to Join the Klan :laughing7:

Of course if they Accept, May be time to Move :tongue3:

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Dean, you have known me for years, met me in person.

I just don't understand this happening to me. Maybe I just need to disappear for a while...

I'd love your input about this....

And Marty, been in your world too. Please advise me, please. What they gonna do, Kill me? Nah my friend, me thinks you my friend would be first in line to protect me :) And, me too from my end,

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't disappear. None of us really can. Think of the idiots doing whatever is going on as barking dogs and remember they can't bite.

People who mess around doing internet scams are lots of times hundreds or thousands of miles away from where you are.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dean, you have known me for years, met me in person.

I just don't understand this happening to me. Maybe I just need to disappear for a while...

I'd love your input about this....

And Marty, been in your world too. Please advise me, please. What they gonna do, Kill me? Nah my friend, me thinks you my friend would be first in line to protect me :) And, me too from my end,

I answer the unknown numbers when awaiting medical ect. calls , with Ola!
When it's about "your" credit card interest rate , I push #6. And at one second intervals continue to press #6.
Yesterday A guy started in with an insulting rant as I continued to press #6 each second till he hung up.
I do worse. Sometimes. But no calls today. L.o.l..

Online crap is another matter.
Not being computer savvy , despite a child in the computer security field I get some interesting stuff happening now and then.
Bits and pieces of trackable/steal able crumbs that can allow a presence (human but digital) to invade my computer space.
I consider it the unavoidable inevitable. It's not my address as much as my space in the internet.

What can be found in internet searches about you or I /most folks gets interesting.
That's different than what you are getting with a site you were on getting revived by your prior involvement.
Your computer seems like a personal space when it's you/us thinking we are controlling what represents our interests , but is very far from such.
We're as much potential hosts to parasites as most folks looking for an identity to latch on to.
Not to be confused with my credit card buying a pizza in Detroit while I was far away here...L.o.l.. Bastages!
But similar enough in my annoyance.

Window shopping S.K.S.'s recently , (someone was bored I guess...But following inflation type trends anyways) there is a great looking site with noticeably lower prices, let alone availability. Good looking site.
Following a look see into it's reputation (as with other unrelated sites on occasion) it's a major scam.

Craigslist. Prices way to good to be true for example. More , they present obvious flags when studying them awhile. Just in how they type the adds.
A u.t.v. or something is common.
With my low skills , I still find the same scammers all over. By some looking.... Here it is in multiple other states. Here it is when the contact is punched in followed by scam.
With mention of what caught my eye in the first place.

Ladies soliciting you (if they're even ladies)that found you through crumbs you left go cold....Is an easy solicitation. The goal is to get you to bite/respond. Or rather , react the way they would have you react.
Kill the account. Unsubscribe.
Move on. Investigation by others needs your input again that's fine. But don't expect ladies your yard. Well , that one might be back...But you already know how you'd deal with that if there's a next time. Separate issue.

I'm well off a main road.
Still had a guy interested in a car the other day he spotted driving down the private dirt road to the dead end here when I wasn't home....(A neighbor gave me a heads up about it.)
He stopped back. And was not entertained with any encouragement. But I was fairly civil about it too. (I still have to sleep a little sometimes.)
Just keeping a little sharper ear out for my dogs during the night than usual.

Your being innocent , (raises eyebrow, l.o.l.) makes you a great target. If you knew the scam/game/con...You'd not be as attractive a target.
Meanwhile thousands of lures are being tossed the same way you saw one , all hoping to get a bite. After all , it's based on you . You as an internet crumbs presence.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I kid you not...
Ladyfriend said she could see a flashlight out back in the woods when she let dogs out.
I been out there listening and watching and nothing. The couple dogs out there with me were quiet too. Though those two are close range propositions to bark at anything.
There where of the where in the woods , is no place to be at this hour. Let alone most times.

Ah well. Dogs are fairly calm. I'm locked and loaded.
Back out in the rain a little while , then it's bedtime.
Dogs are rested enough they'll get fired up if they hear anything unusual.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Quite a day yesterday, no further intrusions. My little buddy (cat) came up last night with a mouse in his mouth. I don't think he killed it, he's over there looking for it right now. Raining here right now. And I woke up alive again :)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found out cats make great alarm systems. Some noise is made outside and they go berserk. The ADT security system is for anything that gets by the cats.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A light sleep kind if night.

Dogs sounded off three times.Twice because the bulldog was frogging around in the livingroom. Too well rested and rolling around thumping.
Third time to wake me up. Being same time most mornings it's likely a neighbor heading to work.

Nothing out back when I waited last night. A glimpse of lights about ten acres deep at the next road.
No sense of anything out there like when hunting and something is moving in or out.

I keep a can of gas where it can be found easy in the yard for bait. Would save someone siphoning if gas is what they're after. No takers yet though.
Two youths did come through a few years ago stealing stuff from forced entries but got caught.
They'd opened a truck door here was all I found.

Usually locals if someone's out at night...
One I've made it very clear to , to not to let me catch him on my property again.
I'm not one for blocking or closing trails. But that guy is done (as far as my allowing him) cutting through here.
Been a while , but he'd get close and skirt around or turn around. So he has not forgot. Nor have I.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh good Lord,

Did you call the sheriff? Of did he come poking around on his own?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread