TikTok user digs for 'treasure,' finds septic tank in own backyard

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
https://www.foxnews.com/real-estate/tiktok-user-digs-for-treasure-finds-septic-tank-in-own-backyard

By Janine Puhak | Fox News

Some "treasure" should just stay buried.

A TikTok user was hilariously horrified to open a secret septic tank in his backyard, having previously been unaware that his home was on such a sewage system.

Tony Huisman got his hands dirty in a quick clip posted Tuesday, which has since been viewed over six million times on video sharing platform.

"I was doing some gardening in my backyard today, and I uncovered some sort of crazy, secret concrete box in the ground," Huisman said, panning the camera to the dug-up, grassy ground.

Unearthing a rectangular metal box a few feet top, the TikToker lifted up the two heavy handles with a little help pry bar ā€“ to reveal a stinky surprise.

"It was my septic tank!" Huisman exclaimed, coughing and gagging as he flipped the camera to himself.

Both delighted and disgusted by the find, commenters agreed that they couldnā€™t look away

"Me watching this: ā€˜Donā€™t open that. Donā€™t open that. No no donā€™t open that,ā€™" one wrote.

"Umm I think it wasnā€™t treasure," another joked.

"As a plumber I knew immediately," one said.

"At least you didnā€™t have to spend $500 just for them to locate it like I did," another teased.

In follow-up footage, Huisman clarified that there was more to the story in a video viewed over 400,000 ties.

"Okay, so I actually did need to dig up the septic tank because it needed to be pumped. I just thought I would make a video out of it," he confessed. "So yesterday, everything in the house suddenly stopped draining, like completely blocked."

Calling a plumber, Huisman said the professional asked when the last time the septic tank was pumped.

"What! We didn't know we were on a septic system. I have lived here for 6 yearsā€¦ so who knows how long it's been since it's been cleaned!" he speculated. "The dumb part isnā€™t that I didnā€™t know there was a septic tank ā€“ I knew there was a septic tank and I was digging it out on purpose. The dumb part is that none of us knew we were on a septic system!"

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Home survey and real estate agent would have revealed he was on a septic tank, he just didn't pay attention.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread