Millions of mice attack Australia
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Millions of mice attack Australia

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PROs .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers.... 1 Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    46486 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Millions of mice attack Australia

Millions of mice have entered homes in Australia. They are on the walls, roofs, inside containers and in water tanks. Mice have also attacked hotels and are biting patients in hospitals. How did this happen? Palki Sharma brings you a report

DizzyDigger, billb and AARC like this.

Dec 2003
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PROs .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers.... 1 Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    46486 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    PETA Activists Call on Mice Protection !

Package them up and deliver them to Peta !

Farmers are used to the “impractical nonsense” of the animal rights organisation PETA –
    but their latest take on the mice plague “takes the cake”, says NSW Farmers Vice President Xavier Martin.
    Last edited by jeff of pa; May 28, 2021 at 07:19 PM.
    AARC likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    8842 times
    Prospecting
    Australia also has a serious feral cat problem....

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...lly-180977235/

All they need to do is to get the cats to eat the rats, then the
    rats will eat the cats..and everybody's happy.
    jeff of pa and Honest Samuel like this.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "Bay of the Holy Spirit”
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    86382 times
    Arrrrrrrg.

:/
    jeff of pa and billb like this.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - HAVE PERMISSION - FILL HOLES - DISPOSE OF TRASH. The Random Chat Thread---> http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

Dec 2003
    46486 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    my suggestion would start with the farmers being told to build mass circles of fire,
    burn as much as possible. and instead of packing holes and cracks with steel wool
    pack them with dcon

both should help with the smell of dead meat

If necessary Burn the Entire Island and Rebuild.

I Don't believe the Entire Island is Really infested yet Though

Queensland Doesn't look Bad,
    Though I only watched a couple Minutes to see the streets

Last edited by jeff of pa; May 29, 2021 at 03:49 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    8842 times
    Prospecting
    I'll take the outback..they can keep all the concrete, asphalt and
    crowded masses of humanity.
    jeff of pa likes this.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    4968 times
    Feed them tons of mash potatoes, which will kill them like in our country/

us
    May 2018
    Maryland
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    4376 times
    So naturally our own species can't miss the opportunity to make this problem much worse by spreading poison:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/poison-us...121013461.html
    jeff of pa likes this.
    "Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Do not go gentle into that good night" - Dylan Thomas

Dec 2003
    46486 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet

if I was infested with Mice, I Wouldn't care if every animal within a hundred Miles of me disappeared from the Earth.

First the Problem needs to be eradicated ! Then the repair.off hand I can't think of an animal more disgusting
    then Mice & Rats. Pigeons are practically Rodents too Aren't they ?

they walk around crapping their acid crap on everything, only positive, pigeons don't fly inside houses except to nest in rafters,
    and don't multiply as fast.
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Jun 06, 2021 at 10:17 AM.

us
    May 2018
    Maryland
    4376 times
    I like the motto "first, do no harm". The solution should not be worse than the problem.

There is a farm on the eastern shore of Maryland where many, likely over 100 eagles over the years have been found poisoned because some nut doesn't like them.

You must love the movie "Willard"?
    jeff of pa likes this.
    "Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Do not go gentle into that good night" - Dylan Thomas

Dec 2003
    46486 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I like the motto "first, do no harm". The solution should not be worse than the problem.

There is a farm on the eastern shore of Maryland where many, likely over 100 eagles over the years have been found poisoned because some nut doesn't like them.

You must love the movie "Willard"?
    Sorry ! Not the same thing. Poisoning Eagles in the U.S. because someone Doesn't like them isn't a Cure for a out of control Rat problem
    in Australia. But there is a Cure for that. It's called the Courts.

If Eagles die in Australia During this War between Vermin & Humans, I won't shed a Tear, I'll root for the Humans who Live there

"Willard"? Sorry ! Maybe your post isn't meant for Me Saw it once in the Theater, I was 16, Liked & Hated it .
    (I Liked Horror Movies, But no fan of Vermin)
    Never wanted to watch it twice. If you read my Posts above you should realize I Hate Mice & Rats & Also Hate Peta.
    why Would I root for a Rat ?

Again, Animals that Hop, Bark, Meow, chirp Whatever can be reintroduced after the Rodents are eliminated .
    people can protect their pets. if the rats don't eat them first.
    The people who live there now Are thinking Breathing talking Human Beings.
    They cannot be replicated. & Should not have to Leave their lives for Rats to continue to grow and spread out
    till they infest the whole island with bubonic plague.

imo The Problem already is Worse then the Solution

And I'm sure Peta Loved Williard !
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Jun 06, 2021 at 03:06 PM.

us
    May 2018
    Maryland
    4376 times
    The use of poisons is usually poorly thought-out, a knee-jerk response to a problem.

I agree that this population explosion is a problem but the unintended consequences of the poison are not so easily dismissed.

We're all guilty of using poisons - but it is a matter of degree. Every spring, the spring rains flood the ant tunnels near my mailbox and they move in, complete with their eggs. After pulling my arm out covered with ants, I go ahead and put an ant trap in the mailbox. But that may also have unintended consequences to species. Does it do more harm than good? I don't know, but I'm not covered with ants when I check the mail. And yes, I know the ant example is not comparable to the mouse explosion.

I believe such problems are sometimes opportunities to solve with appropriate scientific research. If we spent a tiny fraction of what we waste on unnecessary and unwanted weapons systems to instead look for solutions to environmental problems, we would be way ahead.
    jeff of pa and DizzyDigger like this.

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    33035 times
    jeff of pa likes this.

Jun 2021
    4 times
    It's been more than 3 months since the last comment here. I wonder if I managed to deal with the problem of mice or is it really a serious natural problem
    Does anyone know anything new? In general, environmental problems are becoming greater and lead to great losses. My brother said that they studied this issue in college and he needed to write an essay on this topic. He used content and help from this source to accomplish this task. He says he has learned a lot from this resource, so he recommends it to all students.
    Last edited by mcdanielmark473; Sep 10, 2021 at 02:06 AM.
    jeff of pa likes this.

Dec 2003
    46486 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    i saw nothing since not sure if it was over exaggerated , or if something else cropped up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links