jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PETA Activists Call on Mice Protection !

Package them up and deliver them to Peta !

Farmers are used to the “impractical nonsense” of the animal rights organisation PETA –
but their latest take on the mice plague “takes the cake”, says NSW Farmers Vice President Xavier Martin.

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my suggestion would start with the farmers being told to build mass circles of fire,
burn as much as possible. and instead of packing holes and cracks with steel wool
pack them with dcon

both should help with the smell of dead meat

If necessary Burn the Entire Island and Rebuild.

I Don't believe the Entire Island is Really infested yet Though

Queensland Doesn't look Bad,
Though I only watched a couple Minutes to see the streets

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll take the outback..they can keep all the concrete, asphalt and
crowded masses of humanity.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet :icon_thumleft:

if I was infested with Mice, I Wouldn't care if every animal within a hundred Miles of me disappeared from the Earth.

First the Problem needs to be eradicated ! Then the repair.off hand I can't think of an animal more disgusting
then Mice & Rats. Pigeons are practically Rodents too Aren't they ?

they walk around crapping their acid crap on everything, only positive, pigeons don't fly inside houses except to nest in rafters,
and don't multiply as fast.

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the motto "first, do no harm". The solution should not be worse than the problem.

There is a farm on the eastern shore of Maryland where many, likely over 100 eagles over the years have been found poisoned because some nut doesn't like them.

You must love the movie "Willard"?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the motto "first, do no harm". The solution should not be worse than the problem.

There is a farm on the eastern shore of Maryland where many, likely over 100 eagles over the years have been found poisoned because some nut doesn't like them.

You must love the movie "Willard"?

Sorry ! Not the same thing. Poisoning Eagles in the U.S. because someone Doesn't like them isn't a Cure for a out of control Rat problem
in Australia. But there is a Cure for that. It's called the Courts.

If Eagles die in Australia During this War between Vermin & Humans, I won't shed a Tear, I'll root for the Humans who Live there :thumbsup:

"Willard"? Sorry ! Maybe your post isn't meant for Me :tongue3: :dontknow: Saw it once in the Theater, I was 16, Liked & Hated it .
(I Liked Horror Movies, But no fan of Vermin)
Never wanted to watch it twice. If you read my Posts above you should realize I Hate Mice & Rats & Also Hate Peta.
why Would I root for a Rat ?

Again, Animals that Hop, Bark, Meow, chirp Whatever can be reintroduced after the Rodents are eliminated .
people can protect their pets. if the rats don't eat them first.
The people who live there now Are thinking Breathing talking Human Beings.
They cannot be replicated. & Should not have to Leave their lives for Rats to continue to grow and spread out
till they infest the whole island with bubonic plague.

imo The Problem already is Worse then the Solution :coffee2:

And I'm sure Peta Loved Williard !

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The use of poisons is usually poorly thought-out, a knee-jerk response to a problem.

I agree that this population explosion is a problem but the unintended consequences of the poison are not so easily dismissed.

We're all guilty of using poisons - but it is a matter of degree. Every spring, the spring rains flood the ant tunnels near my mailbox and they move in, complete with their eggs. After pulling my arm out covered with ants, I go ahead and put an ant trap in the mailbox. But that may also have unintended consequences to species. Does it do more harm than good? I don't know, but I'm not covered with ants when I check the mail. And yes, I know the ant example is not comparable to the mouse explosion.

I believe such problems are sometimes opportunities to solve with appropriate scientific research. If we spent a tiny fraction of what we waste on unnecessary and unwanted weapons systems to instead look for solutions to environmental problems, we would be way ahead.

Jun 10, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been more than 3 months since the last comment here. I wonder if I managed to deal with the problem of mice or is it really a serious natural problem
Does anyone know anything new? In general, environmental problems are becoming greater and lead to great losses. My brother said that they studied this issue in college and he needed to write an essay on this topic. He used content and help from this source to accomplish this task. He says he has learned a lot from this resource, so he recommends it to all students.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i saw nothing since :dontknow: not sure if it was over exaggerated , or if something else cropped up

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kerosene and a match