Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
.... please stop listening to the main stream news. There current mission is to make people feel like all is hopeless.
Bugs have always been here, why do weather people see? There technology has been Improved so they can see. It’s like tornados in the mountains, 30-40 years ago couldn’t se it on radar, the evidence on the ground showed tornado but until the technology was there. After all the flooding a year ago from the heavy snows, the Sandhills of Nebraska lakes are at record keeping highs now. The handicap docks are all under water at the public lakes. This springs well monitoring showed ground water went up 2 feet on ave across the state.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
.... please stop listening to the main stream news. There current mission is to make people feel like all is hopeless.
Bugs have always been here, why do weather people see? There technology has been Improved so they can see. It’s like tornados in the mountains, 30-40 years ago couldn’t se it on radar, the evidence on the ground showed tornado but until the technology was there. After all the flooding a year ago from the heavy snows, the Sandhills of Nebraska lakes are at record keeping highs now. The handicap docks are all under water at the public lakes. This springs well monitoring showed ground water went up 2 feet on ave across the state.

Believe what you will.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I remember one spot in the Selkirk Mountain range in BC. some 55 yrs ago.
The family went for a drive up there and it was like what one would envision a power line cut, took every tree down flat as anything.
This was a old growth forest-never logged, and the scar is there today of the trees taken down running up over the side of the mountain edge.
They claimed it was a tornado-maybe today they would say a wind shear or some other fancy classification.
Lot of things happened as you say and if it wasn't seen by anyone there was no accounting for it ever happening.
The world has shrunk-now every fart is recorded it seems........

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
....15 years ago? or so, seismologists places a graph meter in ash hollow park. The coal trains run two lines a couple miles away, after about 6 mo. they had to remove the graph because with all the trains, couldn’t get an accurate reading.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Grasshoppers lay eggs. When conditions are favorable , more grasshoppers hatch.
Then they seek nourishment.

We're dealing with gypsy moth caterpillars defoliating the trees here.
Always a plague going on somewhere...

The U.S. has great volumes of C.R.P. acreage. And at times and by region surplus grain.
So much it affects price to where next years plantings are affected by forecasted demand. Trying to gain a profit per bushel.
Should a shortage be predicted , there's options for the next plantings.
Diversity and planning...Long a standard of success.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
....15 years ago? or so, seismologists places a graph meter in ash hollow park. The coal trains run two lines a couple miles away, after about 6 mo. they had to remove the graph because with all the trains, couldn?t get an accurate reading.

Soil liquefaction...
What do I know.
If you live in an area that for some reason mysteriously gets foggy for no reason around 4am and it didn't used to...
Move.
Trust me.
Just move.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Don't think the green ones a ripe !

I do believe technology is the reason they are Showing up on Radar.

But they were Called Locusts, & in such Large swarm they would Swallow an Entire state in Size .
Not sure if it Can happen here again.

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Haven't seen it here, yet. About the "normal" numbers. I'm going to pay attention if I get back to the mountains. This incredible heat is keeping me near home. I just can't handle the heat anymore...too damned old...LOL
Jim

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not eating any grasshoppers. There aren't many around here this year. Not yet. Make sure you faith is in the right place. The definition of bad is working your (anyone's) whole life, building, struggling, trying to get that ladder built up against the wall to get to the top, and then at the end find out you are building against the wrong wall.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Haven't seen it here, yet. About the "normal" numbers. I'm going to pay attention if I get back to the mountains. This incredible heat is keeping me near home. I just can't handle the heat anymore...too damned old...LOL
Jim

I was talking to my wife the other day about how I am freezing in July here in Michigan.
It was early morning and 48 degrees.
I'd love to have some of that heat lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread