jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they are in business for one reason. to rip off people.

In 2020, Allstate generated revenues of approximately 44.79 billion U.S. dollars. Their revenues have been trending upward since 2008 when their revenues amounted to 29.39 billion U.S. dollars. Allstate is headquartered in Northbrook, Illinois and is a publicly held insurance company. & They won't Buy her a Car.

and if she uses her own insurance, They will raise her Rates, win or lose.

Last edited:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
You're wrong. Insurance companies are in business to make a profit, just like any other business. Allstate is not a public entity. Publicly traded stocks, yes. Private corporation, absolutely. Insurance companies are for profit corporations. It's not a government handout scenario!

Imagine if there were NO insurance for this gal to submit a claim to. She'd really be screwed. Primary coverage is very important. Let her company subrogate from at fault party(ies). If her company tries to raise her rate when she was 100% NOT negligent in any way, she can shop with the many many other companies that offer the same products. Competition will keep her insurance company in line.

Go tell the guy who just got a 6 or 7 figure check from their insurance company, after his house burned down, that insurance sucks. OR, how about the widower that lost her spouse that made 6 figures a year and he/she still has three children to raise. That life insurance just paid off, tax free. No one forced them to buy it. He/she wanted to protect family and buying insurance did just that.

I've never seen an insurance salesperson pull out a gun and force one to buy the product. The bank might make you buy it, if you want that loan. But that's the bankers.

Remember......TREASURE!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not a government handout scenario! ?

Then Why would they Immediately Look for Bailout Money when they have to pay out a Billion during a hurricane ?

Yes under some Circumstances they help People, But it's obvious They are not there to Pay out.
If there is anyway they can Screw you over with the Fine Print They will.

Yet if you try to screw Them, They will File Charges. & who has the Best Lawyers Wins.

I personally do not trust any insurance company

Last edited:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
You not trusting any insurance company has no reflection on the fact that you are still wrong. Your math sucks, too. (as well as your capitalization, but that's beside the point) If they generated 44 plus billion, they have the money to pay a 1 billion claim and still have 43 plus billion in reserves, minus expenses.
Ever heard of reinsurance? How about loss ratio, pure and combined?
You're on the internet. Do some research and educate yourself. Knowledge is power.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This dealership missed an opportunity for some Goodwill. Their employee took a customer's vehicle out for reasons unconnected to its service - a simple oil change. I suspect the vehicle was taken out to pick up lunch or to run some errands, maybe pick up parts if the Napa or parts truck could not deliver for some reason.

Dealership screwups are astonishingly common. The day I cannot change my own oil will be the day I stop driving. I do understand why a few people go back for the first oil change. It is often free and it is an opportunity to correct the usual overtorquing of the drain plug and oil filter and insist on the correct torque - checked with a torque wrench. On my last free oil change on my truck when new 10 years ago, they put the wrong weight oil in. I made them change it while I watched them inside the shop, even though they tried to tell me customers were not allowed in the shop. They grudgingly let me watch them when I asked the service "manager" if he'd prefer that I told everyone in their waiting
room that his service department was using the wrong oil - on their cars too.

I can see both sides to the insurance issues but the dealer should have stepped up since they let their employee take a customer vehicle out for a joyride and they are partly at fault.

If you take your new car to the dealer for any reason, stay there, watch them like a hawk. Account for every screw, bolt, nut, spring etc. If it was an oil change - check to make sure they even put oil in after draining, or drained first before filling. I've seen frothy double fills and also empty crankcases. They can't even do the simple things. Read the manual, buy a service manual and the right tools and maintain it yourself. I don't maintain my own to save money. I do it so it is done right.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You not trusting any insurance company has no reflection on the fact that you are still wrong. Your math sucks, too. (as well as your capitalization, but that's beside the point) If they generated 44 plus billion, they have the money to pay a 1 billion claim and still have 43 plus billion in reserves, minus expenses.
Ever heard of reinsurance? How about loss ratio, pure and combined?
You're on the internet. Do some research and educate yourself. Knowledge is power.

so what insurance company do you sell policies for ? :tongue3:
a Bit Defensive Huh ? :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texas is one of the states that allow insurance companies to assign blame in percentages (proportional liability), in this case they assigned it 30% to dealership driver, 70% to other driver. If I was her I would turn it into my insurance company and then let them fight it out with other insurance company.

Insurance companies are a necessary evil.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One reason that I do not own a truck or car. # 5. is correct. Free is not always not free. Changing oil is not hard but we all can do it with written instructions I am sure it comes with the car or we can buy one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread