The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Might want to hide your gold and/or get it out of your bank's vault...

http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1196605589.php

America’s Trade Debts Lead to a Likely Gold Confiscation

Federal agencies have indicated that the accumulated trade debts of the United States have reached $9 trillion. This can be explained once one realizes that outsourcing of production jobs and manufacturing has gathered speed over the last twenty years to a point where we don’t make more than a nominal percentage of our own necessities. These debts result in accumulated “TRADE DEFICITS” which are discussed in the daily papers. What is not discussed, however, is how these “trade debts” will ever be paid. Well, common sense would tell most of us that — they will be paid in some form.

Recently posted in the Federal Register on the internet were regulations listed under the caption of The Patriot Act . . . . At the end of 17 pages you will find legal definitions for “bullion coins” and “rare numismatic coins.” Strange how the definition of these forms of gold would show up under 17 pages of regulations pursuant to the Patriot Act having to do with identification of persons boarding and de-boarding aircraft and a multitude of other topics. Once you analyze the situation, it becomes obvious that these regulations were published in this manner, so as to keep the information from the general public and avoid suspicions of confiscation and the resulting objections.

WE BELIEVE THE REGULATIONS WERE PUBLISHED IN THE EXPECTATION OF A SECOND CONFISCATION OF AMERICAN PRIVATELY OWNED GOLD

The purpose of the confiscation is clearly to settle America’s trade debts in an acceptable form. Keep in mind that Central Banks end up with all of the trade debts via bank deposits in dollars, or, Treasury Bonds, dollar denominated, with no guarantees against loss due to deterioration of the value of the dollar. Since the dollar has been in a constant downtrend as most Americans realize, Central Banks should not be expected to take all the losses on these transactions without complaint. Indeed, there are complaints and we believe the complaints have reached fever pitch. Central Banks no longer wish to accept dollar-denominated assets in payment of trade debts and are demanding American gold.

There is really no other logical mechanism for them to accept payment. Today, silver is not a monetary asset and neither are any of the other metals such as platinum or palladium. Only gold can be used for settlement of debts between Central Banks.

“No,” you say! . . . . Such a conclusion is unjustified. If so, then we ask, how is it that 30,000 retail jewelry stores have been forced to become registered with the Treasury Department over the last two years, since January ‘06, as indicated at their website at www.jvclegal.org. The Jewelry Trade Association required their members to purchase a “Patriot Act Compliance Kit,” all of which relates to registration — a form of licensing, obviously connected to one of their main lines of business: gold jewelry.

Why is it also that bullion dealers and gold coin dealers who do $50,000 or more in business a year have also been required to become registered with the Treasury Department as indicated in their printout of April 24, 2007, from their website. This particular, April 24th printout may or may not still be on the website, but we have copies from that date on file.

There is significant other evidence as well, including the recent confiscation of gold of an organization in Evansville, Indiana, The Liberty Dollar Group, which stirred up some concern about the use of paper money in the United States, and thus, the gentleman who proposed an alternative form of money was put out of business.

In addition, the U.S. Mint, the seller of extremely popular American Eagle series of coins has, as of October 15, at least, terminated all sales of American Eagle gold coins. By the time you read this, they may have changed their minds again, which, of course, can be reversed after a brief period. Their mint dealer network may or may not still have the American Eagle series coins in stock, but sooner or later, their stocks will run out and there will be no more gold available in this form.

It is our view that the definition of the antique numismatic coins, given in the Federal Register, indicate the one way to avoid the loss of all physical gold in your hands. The interpretation of the wording of the regulations can be taken differently by different people. Our interpretation is that coins that have rarity value at least equal to the bullion value at the time of purchase would logically be deemed legal under these rules. Since it is not likely that any further explanation of these regulations will be published, this is all we have to go on. Of course — they are not going to announce the confiscation date ahead of time.

We are frequently asked what our opinion is of the timing, and that is obviously difficult to say, but it would not be amazing to see the confiscation gold within the next twelve months of the extremely unpopular Presidency of George W. Bush. That means there’s only twelve months to go, if we believe that this evil act will be consummated during his term. For more information, contact us at Criminal Politics Magazine at 1-800-543-0486 or visit our website at www.criminalpolitics.com

Swiss Financial Services, Inc. Lawrence Patterson, CEO

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
I don't think that is a credible article. Please don't take offense, but a trade deficit means that you import more things from a country than you export to it. At least in America, we don't work on the barter system. We don't trade grain for oil for example. So how are we in debt because of trade? Where we are in debt is to countries that buy our government bonds. that is something that is a problem. The article states that proof of the governments plan to confiscate gold is that the mint is no longer selling gold American eagles. Then says that they might start selling them again. This is total bunk. As someone who buys coins from the mint, they always run out of coins at the end of the year. If you wait until January or February, you can get the '08 coins just fine. I could be wrong, but it sounds like an alarmist type of opinion.

John

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, but thought it was worth passing along anyway.

TBGO

vegasmtl

Jan 11, 2006
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bullseye II
I think everyone should take their gold, put it in a mason jar, and bury it in the city park. Tonight. ;D Cause I am off tomorrow, and that is the earliest I can go and dig it up!!

I have seen several of these articles through the years, and the conspiracy theorists will always have their say. Thankfully, I don't have any gold. :) Or silver. Or a way of getting more or finding any. So, any feds reading this, skip my house. K?

vegasmtl

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
There is absolutely no way the feds could lay their hands on private gold without purchasing it. But hey, authors like this one gotta make a buck too, I guess.

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
B said:
There is absolutely no way the feds could lay their hands on private gold without purchasing it. But hey, authors like this one gotta make a buck too, I guess.

Although I do not have strong leanings on this topic, it has happened in the past. This is an excerpt from Presidential Executive Order 6102
regarding the gold confiscation of April 5, 1933...

Section 2. All persons are hereby required to deliver on or before May 1, 1933, to a Federal Reserve bank or a branch or agency thereof or to any member bank of the Federal Reserve System all gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates now owned by them or coming into their ownership on or before April 28, 1933, except the following...

You can read the whole thing here...

http://www.the-privateer.com/1933-gold-confiscation.html

Again, I am not a history or politics afficianado, but I do find it interesting considering the condition of our economy, etc.

HH!
TBGO

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
The Beep Goes On said:
B said:

Although I do not have strong leanings on this topic, it has happened in the past. This is an excerpt from Presidential Executive Order 6102
regarding the gold confiscation of April 5, 1933...

Section 2. All persons are hereby required to deliver on or before May 1, 1933, to a Federal Reserve bank or a branch or agency thereof or to any member bank of the Federal Reserve System all gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates now owned by them or coming into their ownership on or before April 28, 1933, except the following...

You can read the whole thing here...

http://www.the-privateer.com/1933-gold-confiscation.html

Again, I am not a history or politics afficianado, but I do find it interesting considering the condition of our economy, etc.

HH!
TBGO

Possible, yes. Very, very unlikely though. That was a different time and place. We used gold as currency back then. If we get to that point again, the ship is sunk.

John

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Section 4. Upon receipt of gold coin, gold bullion, or gold certificates delivered to it in accordance with Section 2 or 3, the Federal reserve bank or member bank will pay thereof an equivalent amount of any other form of coin or currency coined or issued under the laws of the Unites States.

In other words, you'll be given an IOU. ;)

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
stoney56 said:
In other words, you'll be given an IOU. ;)

"Silver Certificates"

Anyone else notice who wrote this article? Hello, Swiss...

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yep in 1933 you were given $20 bucks worth of silver notes for a $20 gold piece (which had aboout 1 oz of gold in it ---- and since gold was "offically pegged" by the us govt at $35 a oz even at that price the govt made $15 per coin ( plus gold was actually worth even more on the "open market" )-- it was one of the greatest robberies ever committed in history of america upon the american public done by our own govt -- well then in 1964 the silver was removed from the coinage --today zinc is increasingly being used in our coinage ---debasing our money to the point of stupidity --- there is less than 6 cents worth of metal value in a "new" american dollar coin these days --- historically worthless zinc coins were used only by countries in deep fiscal trouble or in wartime when coin metals like gold ,silver ,nickle and copper were needed for the war effort --- take heed --- when the "big time" creditors came knocking in the past (1933) --- the american govt told all its citizens to turn in their gold coins for silver certificate "notes"--- today howeverwith us being off the silver standard --- oh you'll "get paid for your gold " however it'll be in worthless paper money or worthless shiney "coated" zinc based coins which you'll be forced to take in "exchange" --- so get ready to bend over folks because its coming and its not going to be fun , mark my words Ivan

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark
This is interesting and I have been doing allot of research on central banking and the federal reserve. the question that I am dying to know is how could the government actually confiscate gold from people. Couldn't you just bury it or something and then wait for it to be legal to sell again in the future?

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
patpall22 said:
This is interesting and I have been doing allot of research on central banking and the federal reserve. the question that I am dying to know is how could the government actually confiscate gold from people. Couldn't you just bury it or something and then wait for it to be legal to sell again in the future?

Thats what I'm thinkin- just like what happened last time. Or even send a few here and there overseas for safekeeping....

What'dya think they'll issue this time? Zinc certificates? ;)

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI, certainly if you wish to wait 50- 60 years.

Remember a lot of US debt is in previous dollars, ones that were worth say $.75, they now can legally be paid on a one to one basis with dollars worth 15 cents. or less. . who wins?

Don Jose de La Mancha

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
yep how do you think then gold coins caches we find to day got there ? in 1933 when the wealthy older folks were not willing to part with their gold and were not willing to trusting anyone else , they buried it hiding the money trying to wait it out and often died without telling anyone exactly were it was ---often the family "knew" they had a fair amount of gold or silver coins but where they stashed it at was often a mystery ---(many of these older folks had heard about the "worthless" paper money of the civil war and understood how worthless "paper money" could be and had been burnt during the great bank failures during the depression so they distrusted both the banks and the govt's paper money) --- they took their money in silver and gold coins only) --- plus remember sinces it was illegal to own gold coins or bullion you could not report it if someone stole it from you without getting yourself in trouble. --- so they would just "shoot" you :D ;D :D Ivan

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
"(...) all gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates now owned (...) "

Note that gold jewelry was exempted in FDR's gold roundup. And, having just gone through the Depression, I'm sure quite a few people hoarded their gold coins instead of turning them in, regardless of "consequences". And don't forget Prohibition, which would have been a great 'training ground' in gov't avoidance techniques for these same people. I'd hope the "kids" of today would be at least as resourceful.... :D

"You want my gold? >:( How's about I give you some hot lead instead?!" :o

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ah real if the was no interest involved than paying a debt rang up at a .75 cent dollar with a .15 cent dollar would made us stronger but --- when you have to pay 10x the amount to "pay" of the debt -- loan of (1) .75 cent dollar in say 1987 -- now cost say (10) ,15 cent dollar to clear up --- so 2x as much ($1.50 real value ) get it -- not a good thing --- Ivan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions