ARTHRITIS FolkCure WORKING for me! - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: ARTHRITIS FolkCure WORKING for me!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    gb
    Shirley

Nov 2007
    Birmingham
    375 times

Re: ARTHRITIS FolkCure WORKING for me!

Treasure Trails......My osteoarthritis has already caused me permanent damage, and have already had 2 knee replacements. But I am going to give this a "go". I can't see it doing alot of harm......raisins are good for you........and being soaked in gin.... dont think they will do much harm either, after all how much gin would it take to soak a few raisins. Either way, it may help to start the day off.

Regards "hic" Unicorn

gb
    Shirley

Nov 2007
    Birmingham
    375 times

Treasure Tales.......I am not going to stop my antinflamitory meds while I try this out, The amount of gin needed to soak up the raisins will be small enought not to cause any side effects, well at least I don't think so. I have just put my first lot in the fridge, and I didn't have to add that much gin. Might be worth a try eh!!!

regards Unicorn

hu
    Gypsyheart~ Queen of Rust

Nov 2005
    Ozarks
    299 times

I am going to try this because I have Lymes Disease . My knees hurt like heck in the mornings and I have been taking iprobufrin and Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM because there is nothing they can do for Lymes .If I rub the MSM cream on them it works fast .....but maybe gin and raisens will help.
    I go a great distance,while some are considering whether they will start today or tomorrow

us
    Aug 2005
    NH
    19 times

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn
    The main ingrediant is "Juniper Berries", maybe that could be the secret
    It is my understanding that the juniper berries are a natural anti inflammatory.
    To all who are going to try the gin+raisins....
    I DO NOT recommend that you stop taking your Rx's.
    I take the gin+raisins AND all my Rxs. It took 5 days for me to feel the difference. Took my mother 2 weeks, and my neighbor 3 weeks. But they now swear by it.
    My problem is............I get to feeling REAL good. And stop taking them dur
    Then I can't stand up, so I start 'em again. I honestly believe they help me more than all the Rxs. However, I have had to stop taking anti inflam Rxs a couple of times prior to dental work, and I felt that Big time, too.
    So>>>>> do 'em both.
    When you get into a tight place and everything goes against
    you till it seems you could not hold on a minute longer,
    never give up then for that is just the place and time that
    the tide will turn.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

us
    Mar 2007
    Kerrville, TX
    White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
    13 times

Ashleen,

Dad never told me what ratio he used...i.e., how many raisins to how much gin. What is your recipe? How much/many raisins do you take per day?

It is uncanny how relevant this thread turned out to be for me. For the past 3 weeks my right knee has been hurting real bad. Can't kneel on it, can't bend it too much....and going up/down stairs, there is a squishy clicking sound. Went to the doctor today to have it checked out. His diagnosis: bursitus of the knee. So, I had to get a hinged knee brace, and I'm on Relafen/Nabumotone for 6-8 weeks. He said absolutely NO metal detecting that involved bending down/kneeling down. I had planned to hit the ocean front in a couple of days, maybe I might still attempt it since I have my long handle scoop.

So...looks as if I may have to be my father's son and try the "recipe"....although my standard recipe would be Scotch on the Rocks.

---Mel

borninok
    To conquer your flaws, you must first accept them.

us
    Mar 2007
    sw Pa.
    11 times

So far I have no problems with arthritis but I've heard of a few other natural
    ways to ease it. I have no personal proof & I am going on a couple of old timers
    experiences. I used to spend a good bit of time deep in the mountains of West Virginia at a friends parents home. My friends Dad would go out & pick wild ginseng root, scrape it clean & stuff it down in a bottle of whiskey & let it soak for a month or so. He always kept one working in the cupboard. The mother said if it wasn't for a shot or two she took every day, she would be unable to get out of bed. Ginseng surely doesn't taste good , but she swore by it. Maybe it was like Granny's rheumatiz medicine. The other was from an old guy who swore by
    good Olive Oil, he would drink a little a few times a day & also rub it on the affected joints. He also said it works. Natural healing plants & foraging is my
    number 1 interest & I get numerous books each year & have been studying this longer than I have been MD'ing. I surely believe there are remedies out there for most of our ailments, without drugs & their side effects. Some quality, theraputic
    grade essential oils may also give relief.
    The Truth is Always Politically Incorrect

us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
    3987 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

My neighbor told me about this and I was thinking it was fallacious. Being since I have trouble with arthritis some times I gave it a try as she directed. I have to say it works. I don't know it it is all in my head or joints, but so long as the pain isn't there I am happy. Course the gin disappeared before the raisins.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

gb
    Shirley

Nov 2007
    Birmingham
    375 times

I looked on Google for information about this, and sure enough it came up. Must admit to being abit surprised. It read, that it was claimed to be a natural help for arthritis, the ratio was 9 raisins per day. ( wonder why just 9) I have abit of a problem tho, you all seem to be talking about golden raisins. Would that be what we call "Sultanas" here in the UK. I searched the supermarket for golden raisins and couldnt see any. The only thing that was golden are what we call "sultanas". As they are derived from grapes the same as raisins are, I presumed it was those. Can anyone help with this information please.

regards Unicorn

gb
    Shirley

Nov 2007
    Birmingham
    375 times

Treasure Tales......Thank you very much for that information.........No I am not in Scotland, although my Hubby is a Scot. For his sins he is married to an English Woman

regards Unicorn

us
    Aug 2007
    NJ
    EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
    120 times
    Banner Finds (1)

First off, I am going to try this for sure....someone mentioned Gordons gin, has juniper berries in it...that is the one I shall use..why? I have a recipe I made for a arthritis rub, that I have stored somewheres here, anyways, in my rub that I researched, it had in it...soaked crushed juniper berries...so this makes sense to me big time..also in my rub there was also birch tree oil....any tree oil is considered a topical anesthestic... interesting big time...and off to find that rub receipe too.

thank you for sharing this.
    Live your life in such a way, that when your feet hit the floor  in the morning, satan shudders and says, OH CHIT, SHE'S AWAKE.

us
    Joe

Sep 2007
    Long Beach, California
    XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
    907 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (3)
    Honorable Mentions (5)

Update:

Visited the doctor (with my wife for her neck injury) who prescribed the Celebrex. I told him I QUIT it and am doing the golden raisin soaked in gin thing. He smiled but I could see he wasn't pleased. I told him I feel GREAT now...and I do. His comment was "whatever works" as he rushed off (since I wasn't paying for a visit).

I just bought my third box of the raisins and am soaking another batch. I put about a cupful of raisins in a cereal bowl and just cover with the gin and put a screen over it. usually within 5 or so days the raisins have soaked in the gin and the remainder (I guess) evaporates off. My instruction was to take 9 raisins a day and I do that at breakfast.

I quit the Celebrex and had pain right away but I was still mostly functional. I would recommend for anyone wishing to try this: Use the raisins but KEEP your meds. Then after a month or so perhaps try a slight reduction of the meds. I don't think conventional doctors would agree with this so be careful and don't rush quitting your meds.

Joe
    Regards, Joe (California)

us
    Mar 2007
    Kerrville, TX
    13 times

Well, Joe, I, too, figured I might as well give it a shot. I'm into my 1st week..but still taking the meds for my knee bursitis. Funny thing is...now I know why I never liked martinis...lol.....I'm a scotch drinker, not a gin drinker....LOL

l figure I'll give it a try. Can't hurt. Helped my dad & mom, so maybe it will help me.
    ----Mel

borninok

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    33210 times

I read this thread last week, and decided to try it. I searched and found several boards with multiple threads and replies on this and all praised it as working for them.

Anyone know how long they should soak?

I got the Golden Rasins and the Gin on Monday of this week. I am soaking them now, only problem I have is the Gin (It is the Dry Gin) evaporates quickly. No I am not drinking it. I have had to refill the bowl twice as the Gin was down to about a forth of the bowl. I decided to cover another bowl and put them in the fridge for a week then uncover them and let it evaporate.

I have no pain yet, but I do have knuckles in my right hand (i'm right handed) that are stiff every morning and I have to work the stiffness out. I thought it was my metal detecting so I stop for about 3 weeks and it made no difference...

I am also a Scotch drinker, Chevis. I was told by a doctor a long time ago that if I was going to drink, to drick Scotch. I aquired a taste for Scotch when I was in the Airforce station in Okinawa during Viet Nam war. My commander that I worked for was also from Florida and told me "I will buy all your drinks when your out with me, but I drink Scotch and I will only buy Chevis Scotch." It did not take long for me to aquire the taste....

He was a full bird, and I was only an Airman, pay scale was not even close, it allowed me to save my money for other vices.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Mar 2007
    Kerrville, TX
    13 times

Hey, TH, the way that my parents did it was to pour in some gin so that it covers the raisins..and then the raisins absorb the gin...inflating the raisins. Not sure if this is how everybody else perceives the remedy, but this is how my parents did it.
    ---Mel

borninok

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    33210 times

Thanks for the reply. That is what I did too, but it seems to evaporate half way with in a day or so, I refill it each time. Gin wasn't that expensive and if it works it is worth it to me.=
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links