ARTHRITIS FolkCure WORKING for me! - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: ARTHRITIS FolkCure WORKING for me!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2006
    Deep in the Ozark Mountains
    Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
    69 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: ARTHRITIS FolkCure WORKING for me!

i have known about this remedy for years. and told whomever i thought it could help...i have never, never had anyone tell me that it was not helpful...steve

us
    Mar 2007
    Kerrville, TX
    White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
    10 times

TH, I just did a "google" and came up with a zillion hits. This one seems to be very informative:

http://arthritis.about.com/od/altern...raisinsgin.htm

Another informative site was:

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/...ooks/41/13.cfm

Just thought I would pass it on.
    --Mel

borninok
    To conquer your flaws, you must first accept them.

us
    Aug 2007
    NJ
    EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
    120 times
    Banner Finds (1)

I can see us all now running and making that soup..... interesting sites and thank you Borninok
    Live your life in such a way, that when your feet hit the floor  in the morning, satan shudders and says, OH CHIT, SHE'S AWAKE.

us
    Sep 2007
    La Pine Oregon
    Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX
    28 times
    Banner Finds (1)

I KNOW OF AN OLD WOMAN WHO SOAKS RAISENS IN BRANDY AND EATS THEM AND IT HELPS HER ARTHRITIS 100%

MY SELF IF I ATE ENOUGH BRANDY SOAKED RAISENS ID FEEL GOOD TOO.
    AND IT WOULD HELP KEEP THINGS MOVING ALONG ANYWAY.

us
    Mar 2007
    Kerrville, TX
    10 times

Alright...I can see this now....we are all using the "remedy" and we go on a MD hunt. "Okay, who's got the gin & raisins? (hic)?" And as each of try to figure out why nobody is walking a straight line, it becomes abundantly clear........IT WORKS! HA/HA

---mEL

borninok

us
    The King of Trash

Jan 2007
    West Virginia, USA
    Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
    144 times
    Metal Detecting

I just found this thread and glad i did, yes i'm getting older and all my joints seem to hurt at times. My shoulder sometimes my back other times , knees and elbows and wrist and get worse in the cold months so i'm thinking i'll try this and I hope it works anyway thanks to everyone for sharing this old remedy

Mar 2007
    West "by god" Virginia
    Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
    12 times

I have had the raisins soaking since Sunday! I am looking forward to getting started on the regimen. I will post updates as I go. I am 50 and am not on any prescription meds. I don't drink "per se" ( once in a great while I will have a beer or two), and I don't smoke.

I do, however, have plenty of pain in the various joints. I figure that I should be a pretty good subject for this remedy, as there is not much in the way of masking effects, other than the fact that I started taking a multi vitamin about a month ago.

I had to laugh when I went into the liqour store last week, not knowing what I was looking for. I told the guy I needed some gin for a home remedy. He asked if I was doing the "raisins and gin thing". I was surprised to hear this and then he handed me a photocopied sheet of info and testimonials on the subject, that happened to be sitting right on top of the gin.

Good luck to all those who are giving it a try! Let us know if it is helping you.

us
    Apr 2006
    Southwest Sunny Florida
    5 times

I'm going to pass that tip along.

I have a few friends who would benefit from that. I believe that many old remedies have been overlooked. Thanks for sharing that tip.

Feb 2006
    Lake City FL
    excalibur,garrett,micropulse
    3 times

Heres a folk remedy that also works real well ;two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and one tablespoon of honey mixed in a glass of water or a cup of tea twice a day .Results usually in 5 or 6 days if it going to work for you. The raisins soaked in gin works well for some and some it does not . I have never had a problem with alcohol but for someone that is in a recovery program it could cause a problem. My 88 year old mother does the vinegar / honey deal every day and it keeps her arthritis at bay .
    2006 AUROA MICROPULSE UNDERWATER,2006 minelab excalibur 1000

us
    Joe

Sep 2007
    Long Beach, California
    XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
    902 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (3)
    Honorable Mentions (5)

UPDATE: January 22, 2008

It's been over a month since I originally posted this FolkCure and I do have further progress.

As of today my pain has completely disappeared for at rest and normal walking. Getting up from a sitting position still gives me a small pain in the knees but very much reduced to an acceptable level. Mobility of the knee is very dramatically improved. I notice this in the shower as I pull my foot up to wash my soles.

I plan to restart my old routine of walking daily for 2 to 3 miles. Currently I do walking and bending of about 1/1/2 to 2 hours daily for my metal detecting "fix".

I take NO other medication with the exception of a "baby" aspirin of 80 mg. I stopped taking Celebrex prior to trying this FolkCure.

Best of Luck to All...I will be very anxious to mear reports (even if negative) from other users. Joe
    Regards, Joe (California)

Feb 2007
    Williamsport, Home of Little League Baseball
    Excalibur 1000, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
    2 times

Just sent the link to this to all my friends that are on celebrex. Can't hurt to try. I'll even help them eat the raisins just to stave off arthritis.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    32351 times

I decided to try this two weeks ago because I just started having stiffness in the knuckles of my right hand, but no pain yet. I thought maybe this would stop the pain from developing.

I have now discovered a nice side affect. I have suffered from a heel spur for over 6 months, with lots of pain, constant every day, usually worse in the mornings but still there all day.

It dawned on me today that I have not had the pain in my heel for at least the last 3 days now.

PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

gb
    Shirley

Nov 2007
    Birmingham
    374 times

I have been trying this raisin gin for about 2 weeks now. I THINK the pain is getting easier. I will persevere tho because one or two of you have said that it takes a couple of weeks for it to start to work. Also the rainsins should be soaked in the gin for some time as well. Me... I soaked them and started to use them straight away, and its only now that I see the gin starting to evaporate into the raisins. Got me some nice plumped up gin soaked rasins now. Is this the right way?

us
    Mar 2007
    Kerrville, TX
    10 times

Yep, Unicorn...you're doing fine.

I know a few people will say it's all in the head.....but whatever it is..........if it stops the pain...or lessens it...why not?

---Mel

borninok

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    32351 times

So far the pain from my heel spur has not returned since last week. I have suffered from the pain of it for over 6 months, 2 weeks after starting this, the pain has stopped.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links