ARTHRITIS FolkCure WORKING for me!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: ARTHRITIS FolkCure WORKING for me!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Joe

Sep 2007
    Long Beach, California
    XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
    902 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (3)
    Honorable Mentions (5)

ARTHRITIS FolkCure WORKING for me!

Last year discovered a "Baker's Cyst" in my right knee joint. BUMMER...caused by arthritis and limits mobility.

Doctor put me on Celebrex for a few months and it was AMAZINGLY good. BUT the side effects can be really serious if taken for extended periods of time.

I discovered the "Golden raisin soaked in gin" Folkcure and over the past two months I first gave up the Celebrex. Within 2 days the arthritis was so severe that I really considered going back on it. I wanted to really give the folkcure a try. Within 2 weeks the pain was reduced to a manageable level. After about a month the pain was 95% reduced with mobility improved about 75%.

Now after about 2 months, pain has been reduced 98% and mobility improved about 85%.

[I'm an ex-engineer and try for accuracy with my percentages. ]

I soak the golden raisin's in a shallow bowl (just covered in gin) for about 5 to 7 days. Then place the raisins in a baggie in the fridge. Each breakfast I take 9 raisins with my meal.

This has "appeared" to work for me and shouldn't have any negative consequences and I offer it as a try at your own risk basis. To me it has worked as GOOD as Celebrex (if not better!) but it took longer to work...AND so far so good.

And BTW I don't drink.. (well..unless I'm forced to).

HH Joe
    Duckshot likes this.
    Regards, Joe (California)

us
    My goal for 2012 is a dozen Walking Liberty Halves

Sep 2004
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
    58 times

Re: ARTHRITIS FolkCure WORKING for me!

That sounds like a great tip Joe. Thanks for sharing with us.
    I Dig Everything...Even Pull Tabs.

Jul 2007
    1 times

I have degenerative arthiritis, tried celebrex as well as many others......nothing works. I may try your method for relief......but ommit the raisins

Seriously, I hope it continues to help you, many of the side-effects of medications nowadays are worse than the actual problem.

Smitty

us
    Psalms 23

Oct 2007
    Where the grass is blue
    Bounty Hunter Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
    8 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Nether do I don't drink , but I going to buy me a jug of gin to try that.
    Thanks DS
    >IN GOD WE TRUST<

Jul 2007
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by HOSSNV
    I don ,t drink anymore , BUT I DON,T DRINK ANY LESS EITHER ! Hoss
    I cut mine down to those days that begin with the letter "T"......Tuesday, Thursday, Today, Tomorrow, Taturday, and Tunday

Smitty

us
    Aug 2005
    NH
    18 times

DrJoe,

I've been doing the gin + raisins for several years now. I just fill a mason jar with the golden raisins, cover with the gin, and refridgerate. Take a spoonful every day. The only time it doesn't help me is when I forget to take them for weeks at a time
    weasel606 likes this.
    When you get into a tight place and everything goes against
    you till it seems you could not hold on a minute longer,
    never give up then for that is just the place and time that
    the tide will turn.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Apr 2007
    North Carolina
    16 times

Well I don't have arthritis > but I am trying this anyway I will use it as a preventative
    That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much.......   Robert Lewis Stevenson

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2006
    SE Louisiana
    Garrett AT Pro & Ace 250
    2459 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Thanks for the reminder! I had forgotten about this "cure". The caregiver who took care of my father-in-law highly believed in this. She had him taking this everyday...I remember him even saying "That Gail is trying to get me drunk". I do remember it has to be the golden raisins and gin. Refrigerated, but I don't remember if with the liquid in a spoon, or just the raisins by themselves

Celebrix tears my stomach up, I've given that stuff up. Long hot soaks in tubs, and heat pads works & taking Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM daily seems to relieve my pains. I may start eating raisins daily now.

RR
    Duckshot likes this.

us
    Joe

Sep 2007
    Long Beach, California
    902 times
    Banner Finds (3)
    Honorable Mentions (5)

The Gin basically evaporates (in my version) and you wind up with plumper (but happy) raisins.

I also have been taking the Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM daily for the last few years.

The gin I used was the cheapest they had at Sam's Club...about $12 a bottle
    weasel606 likes this.

us
    Mar 2007
    Kerrville, TX
    White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
    10 times

Ok...........gotta tell this story....true as can be

My parents were "tea totallers"............not a sip of alcohol.............of course, growing up in Oklahoma kind of "warped" the brain....ha/ha

If you can imagine my surprise when I went back to Oklahoma to see my parents in 1999, and in the refrigerator was a plastic container of "gin and raisins". I didn't say anything to my parents. And then the next day I was in the car with my dad, and he stopped at the LIQUOR STORE..............OMG....I literally had to restart my heart. Anyway......without a word, my dad stopped the car, asked if I wanted to go into the....gulp....the LIQUOR STORE with him. Sure...........and I was trying desperately to take stock of my "inventory" hidden in my suitcase....gee, did I need some more scotch...or more bourbon? Maybe some more tequilla? So, I accompanied my dad in the ....gulp....LIQUOR STORE....and saw Dad buy some gin. Whooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaa. All the way home, I was silent about his LIQUOR STORE purchase. Finally, when we got home, Dad took the gin into the kitchen...fixed the gin and raisins..........................while I stood in absolute shock. I mean.....this is the man that literally tore me a "new one" when I came home drunk after my divorce. Suddenly....Dad called Mom into the kitchen and they proceeded to take their "prescription" of gin and raisins!!!!!!!

Afterwards..............I had a great laugh............and.............a great cry...................because I finally realized that my parents were humans also. Dad told me that the gin and raisins were to help their arthritis..............................Dang, I sure wish I could have used that story back in college....LOL

Take care and HH,
    Mel

borninok
    To conquer your flaws, you must first accept them.

us
    Joe

Sep 2007
    Long Beach, California
    902 times
    Banner Finds (3)
    Honorable Mentions (5)

Quote Originally Posted by borninok
    Ok...........gotta tell this story....true as can be

My parents were "tea totallers"............not a sip of alcohol.............of course, growing up in Oklahoma kind of "warped" the brain....ha/ha

If you can imagine my surprise when I went back to Oklahoma to see my parents in 1999, and in the refrigerator was a plastic container of "gin and raisins". I didn't say anything to my parents. And then the next day I was in the car with my dad, and he stopped at the LIQUOR STORE..............OMG....I literally had to restart my heart. Anyway......without a word, my dad stopped the car, asked if I wanted to go into the....gulp....the LIQUOR STORE with him. Sure...........and I was trying desperately to take stock of my "inventory" hidden in my suitcase....gee, did I need some more scotch...or more bourbon? Maybe some more tequilla? So, I accompanied my dad in the ....gulp....LIQUOR STORE....and saw Dad buy some gin. Whooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaa. All the way home, I was silent about his LIQUOR STORE purchase. Finally, when we got home, Dad took the gin into the kitchen...fixed the gin and raisins..........................while I stood in absolute shock. I mean.....this is the man that literally tore me a "new one" when I came home drunk after my divorce. Suddenly....Dad called Mom into the kitchen and they proceeded to take their "prescription" of gin and raisins!!!!!!!

Afterwards..............I had a great laugh............and.............a great cry...................because I finally realized that my parents were humans also. Dad told me that the gin and raisins were to help their arthritis..............................Dang, I sure wish I could have used that story back in college....LOL

Take care and HH,
    Mel

borninok
    Hey! Great Story.

I never realized how widespread this "remedy" was! I heard it for the first time a few months ago on infomercial TV. I Googled the terms and researched all the positive testimonials and decided I might as well try..AND I'm pretty happy I did.

My Dad (age 88 and NO arthritis) lives in Roanoke.. I see you are in Manassas..neat.

HH Joe

gb
    Shirley

Nov 2007
    Birmingham
    374 times

Gonna give that Gin and Raisin method a try. The pain of Arthritis can be a bummer. Will use "Gordons" gin though, thats thought to be the best here in the UK. Not sure if you can get it in the US, would have thought so.

I once went on a trip which included going round the Gordons Gin distilerry, it was very interesting. The main ingrediant is "Juniper Berries", maybe that could be the secret

us
    Jan 2006
    Washington state
    Ace 250
    24 times

I'm going to have to try this!

Actually, for a while, even with Celebrex (later it was Bextra) I had friends that figured I was on a fast track to a wheelchair. But I found one other thing that helped me enormously - called "CMO" - it's one of those fatty acid things (not the omega-3 fish oil - but still..) I took that and glucosamine/chondroitin with the collagen and MSM. IF I have a "bad day" now, it's so much better than the best of my good days while taking the Celebrex etc.

Thing is, I think the golden raisins thing is going to be a lot cheaper (and just maybe a lot more fun - ha!).

Really glad you posted it - thanks!

HH
    Nan

stefen

A secretary was visiting an Aunt in the desert and had told her that she suffered from piles...the Aunt mixed her a drink of Vodka and Sour kraut juice...its called a pile driver...

After literally sitting on the porcelain throne for two days, she never had a recurrence of the roids after that...

us
    Mar 2007
    Kerrville, TX
    White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
    10 times

Nan,

Like I said, my dad swore by it. I tried it a couple of times....problem was, I kept eating the raisins and drinking the gin....LOL

---Mel

borninok
    To conquer your flaws, you must first accept them.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links