WHAT DO YOU THINK ..............? HOW WILL YOU END

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the wife wants to be cremated , I 'm getting put in a wall vault old style -- hey its what they did to christ so it must be the right way in my veiw. --- if she goes first its in the box with me she goes -- if I go first she be put in the vault with me after she passes -- everything is paid for and set up --just as we want it to be -- no "leeches" trying to sell "last minute" over priced stuff to your grief stricken family at huge mark ups since they "know" you've got a body to get rid of --- thus they exploit your grief ---- we set up pre paids for both of us -- now no need to worry about dying --just living which is as it should be --since the dead have no problems provided they honestly tried to do the right thing in life and were forgiven by god for their sins when they fell short ---

thadious

Jul 13, 2006
Hemet, Ca
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Garret Ace 250, At Pro
To me it does not matter if I am buried or cremated. If I had my choice, I would rather die out in the middle of nowhere of extreme old age, while metal detecting. I would hope that a 100 years later, I would be found by a td'er 6 inches to 20 feet down, who was using the latest super duper detector which hits on my gold crown or wedding band. I would like to think that they wondered how I got there and who I was. Maybe they could even find parts of my metal detector and wonder at how primitive we were. LOL. Here is hoping everyone lives to a long healthy life and finds more than their share of the treasure. HH ted

OP
OP
imafishingnutt

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me tell you all a story about reincarnation.

One day my friends and I were our working the ranch when we were all done for the day
one of my friends mumbles something about reincarnation..

HUH i said, what the heck is reincarnation?
my friend bill replied ...let me tell you what it is my friend.

he then told me....
when you die they dig a hole bout 6 feet deep,
then they plant you in it and cover you up.
after a few years go by your body will turn back to the dirt in which it came from
and soon a small flower or plant will grow on your grave,
he said NOW THIS IS HOW IT WORKS FOR YOU>
Soon after the plant has begun to grow and become green and full of life and energy
a horse will come by and eat that tasty morsal,
then it becomes energy and nutrition and vitamins everything he needs to grow strong
and what his body doesnt use it will pass through and fall to the ground.
and as I ride by and see that pile of dung on the ground ill relize that reincarnation realy works because you
really hadnt changed a bit.........lol

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cremation :-X
my ashes put into a couple bottles of half full malt liquor ;D
and tossed into the beginning of the Mississippi river at Lake Itasca, Minnesota 8)
then in a few thousand years ill be spread all over the country at once ::)
Wpdms_usgs_photo_itasca.jpg

Gator-Flea

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
Where the grass is blue
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: WHATS DO YOU THINK ..............? HOW WILL YOU END

Gypsyheart said:
I want to be cremated...I want my ashes scattered to the wind...so I can be a free spirit still wandering the earth.... I want to still be in the wind and the rain and the sea....I never liked cramped spaces anyway ;) .....I dont want a tombstone where people would come and cry over or pay respects....pay respect to the woods and nature around you,because thats where I will be....I think when you die ....its not you in the grave ....you are what you have left behind...in the smile of your child or in the hearts of friends and family....I do hope tho when I go its doing something I love best....like tons of gold falling on my head from a big cache I just found ...LOL
You got the right ideal girl, I know a 300 ft. clift over looking my favorite hiking trails. Just dump my ashes and let them fall where they may!!! ;D ;D ;D

relikhunter

Jul 17, 2006
S.E. kansas
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gtp 1350
Man this is pretty deep!I'm 43 and never really thought about it until now! I really don't know.Just hope they have metal detector's where i'm going..........rh

treasureace14

Dec 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace250
y come o greive at a celibration?
y go to morn at a hated ones death?
y go to a fuenaral?
y not let them rest?
when nobody likes you untill you die u musnt have been nice.
for in the long run at thats left is a body cold as ice.
so y?

OP
OP
imafishingnutt

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relikhunter said:
Man this is pretty deep!I'm 43 and never really thought about it until now! I really don't know.Just hope they have metal detector's where i'm going..........rh
You better make sure they are heat resistant...lol

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always wanted to build my own coffin, and maybe headstone too. I would carve messages on the wooden coffin, like "Was still alive in 2005", "Don't laugh, it's not funny", "Hope in, there's plenty of room", "Shake me, I may not be dead". maybe a couple cup holders, so someone can put there beer down while they say a few words over my body.
On my headstone, I've already told my wife I want the following words: "I'D RATHER BE HUNTING". Now "hunting" applies to detecting too.
I'd just like folks to crack a smile or laugh out loud remembering me, instead of crying.

Or they can just bury me in a shallow grave in the woods. The critters can get my flesh, and maybe a detectorist can find the fillings in my teeth.

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
I always thought it would be cool to be cast into a giant, clear paperwieght or strapped to a jumbo exploding firework/rocket launched over a lake on a clear night.
I like the idea of building my own "resting box" to be laid in.Ive seen a real live creamation and I dont even want my dead carcass to go through that.

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I think cremation is the way to go. What to do with the ashes? Not sure yet, still pondering about that one.

Why cremation? Don't want to be put in a box, lid closed and buried or locked in a cold concrete tomb. Rather be scattered somewhere nice an sunny with a beautiful view. May be scattered over the crystal blue waters of a Caribbean Island overlooking a beautiful beach. A topless beach would be nice. ;D

No one comes to visit your grave after a while and you just take up valuable real estate. Think about all billions of people who die, where will we put all them? Cemeteries are either very crowded or abandoned and the dead are forgotten about. Sad but true. I prefer to stay above ground and a free spirit.

Keep me alive in your heart and your thoughts and I will be alive forever.

Ray S

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going up in smoke... creamated.. I really dont care what they do with my ashes, spread em in the wind is fine with me. or keep em.. doesnt matter to me..but this I do know, I will haunt a few that deserve it.. I will always be with those that I love, even death cant stop that, they will know I am there as they will feel my spirit or see little signs from me and I will protect those that I love.. My body may be gone but my spirit won't be. I am not afraid of death.

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT

imafishingnutt said:
my wife said bury her with her butt sticking out of the ground so the world can kiss it.....lol

Great idea ;D ;D ;D ;D
Also a good place to park your bike when you pay her a visit. ;D ;D ;D

George

notimetowait4u

Tenderfoot
Dec 2, 2007
They can reduce my body to ashes. As for my head, slip a morgan between my teeth and bury it in the ground about 6 to 8 inches deep in the middle of field somewhere. ;D Now that would be an interesting beep.

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Gypsyheart said:
I want to be cremated...I want my ashes scattered to the wind...so I can be a free spirit still wandering the earth.... I want to still be in the wind and the rain and the sea....I never liked cramped spaces anyway ;) .....I dont want a tombstone where people would come and cry over or pay respects....pay respect to the woods and nature around you,because thats where I will be....I think when you die ....its not you in the grave ....you are what you have left behind...in the smile of your child or in the hearts of friends and family....I do hope tho when I go its doing something I love best....like tons of gold falling on my head from a big cache I just found ...LOL

Gypsy.... Have you ever heard the "Highwaymen" by Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Waylon Jennings and Johnny Cash?

Sounds like what you're talking about. One of my all time favorite songs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions