WHAT DO YOU THINK ..............? HOW WILL YOU END

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have ready post after post and once in a while topics lead to the discussion of graves. and i was wondering what the percentage of people who want to be burried verses creamation.

i personaly want to be burried
i think creamation in a way is selfish because it gives the family no one to pay there respects too.
i know it sounds stupid but its how i feel.

however i understand that creamation is cheaper and not everyone can afford a grave site.
anyway im sure this topic will be well discussed..

seems no one ever talks about it but they are willing after some one else brings it up.

imafishingnutt.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: WHATS DO YOU THINK ..............? HOW WILL YOU END

stuffed & My Head Mounted on My Truck as a Hood Ornimant

Mouth Closed Though no Bugs on my Teeth ;)

K

Kentucky Kache

I have but one request when they bury me--MAKE SURE I'M DEAD!

OP
OP
imafishingnutt

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

my wife said bury her with her butt sticking out of the ground so the world can kiss it.....lol

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000

I've already taken care of everything. Have my headstone already in place on my plot in the cemetary of my home town (Enid, OK). My parents did the same thing before they died, and it was so much easier on everybody when they did pass. For me, I had my headstone engraved with what I wanted to be remembered for the most....my 4 years in the Navy during the Vietnam Conflict, and my 23 years of service as an Auxiliary Police Officer with Fairfax County, VA Police Department. Only thing that my family will have to do when I pass is to pay for the opening and closing of the grave. Engraving the death month/year on the headstone was already figured in when I paid for everything 13 years ago. Oh, except shipping my butt back to Oklahoma....that hasn't been paid for, but has already been addressed. Now all I have to do is hope that my casket doesn't get lost in the shipping mode.....LOL

---Mel

borninok

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

I want to be cremated...I want my ashes scattered to the wind...so I can be a free spirit still wandering the earth.... I want to still be in the wind and the rain and the sea....I never liked cramped spaces anyway ;) .....I dont want a tombstone where people would come and cry over or pay respects....pay respect to the woods and nature around you,because thats where I will be....I think when you die ....its not you in the grave ....you are what you have left behind...in the smile of your child or in the hearts of friends and family....I do hope tho when I go its doing something I love best....like tons of gold falling on my head from a big cache I just found ...LOL

K

Kentucky Kache

Gypsyheart said:
I do hope tho when I go its doing something I love best....like tons of gold falling on my head from a big cache I just found ...LOL

Or the land owner shooting you for being in his mine. ;)

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

I, like you, Gypsy, want to be cremated also.

I just need to make sure I keep good genealogical records, so my descendents know I was cremated and not buried, so they don't go looking for my headstone!!! I do want an obituary (which I already have started....as my kids came later in my life and they don't know everything about me). I do feel an obituary is the final chapter of the book about you.

I don't visit grave sites of my relatives (most are buried in New York and Connecticut) and I only visit cemeteries to record those who have left us in body. (for genealogical historical records)

Once I'm gone, I'm gone....don't mourn for me...but laugh and sing, celebrate my life!!! I was (am) far from perfect, but I have made differences in the live's I have touched (hopefully they were all good!!).

That is how my Nani wanted it and that is what we did....we went (the entire family) to her favorite resturant and celebrated her life! It was a joyous occassion and we remember so many wonderful things she did and told stories of her antics and laughed .... it was really nice!

I also have my grandfather's cremains with me....I even took him on my only Med Cruise (86-87). We would sit on the fantail and watch the sunsets together. He was always bragging about me to his friends about me being in the Navy and how proud of me he was...it was only fitting Granddaddy was able to take a ride on the sea with me. Granddaddy is also a WWI Vet (US Army, served in France). He and I will have a double MILITARY BURIAL AT SEA and together we will sail through the waves, from ocean to ocean, from sea to shining sea!!! And when my grandbabies, gr grandbabies, etc are swimming in the ocean and they get a little pinch on the 'cheeks'...it will only be me, GRANNY, giving them a 'pinch of love'! (not a Granny yet, but hopefully in the next couple of years I will be :)).

So, that's how I want to go and this is what I request of my family......CELEBRATE MY LIFE and keep me close in your heart...for if you do that...I will always be with you!!

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO

From a Senior citizen mag.
When I go I want it to be like my Grandfather did..Quietly and peacefully in his sleep......Not screaming and crying like the other three people in the car!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gypsyheart said:
I want to be cremated...I want my ashes scattered to the wind...so I can be a free spirit still wandering the earth.... I want to still be in the wind and the rain and the sea....I never liked cramped spaces anyway ;) .....I dont want a tombstone where people would come and cry over or pay respects....pay respect to the woods and nature around you,because thats where I will be....I think when you die ....its not you in the grave ....you are what you have left behind...in the smile of your child or in the hearts of friends and family....I do hope tho when I go its doing something I love best....like tons of gold falling on my head from a big cache I just found ...LOL

That's the most eloquent and peaceful thing I've ever heard anyone say in the frame of death...

Bran <><

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

silverswede said:
From a Senior citizen mag.
When I go I want it to be like my Grandfather did..Quietly and peacefully in his sleep......Not screaming and crying like the other three people in the car!

LOL Good One :D

treasureace14

Dec 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace250

Gypsyheart said:
but dont u wanna go to heaven?

treasureace14

Dec 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace250

i dunno.i havent thought about it because im only a kid and have a long time to decide.
anyone ever heard the song LIFE IS BUETIFULL dunno who its by.
but i dont want anyone to cry at my funeral.
i want it to be a party.
ill be in my perfect body in heaven.
thats what i want.
i dunno were i wanna be burried or if i wanna get creminated.
ill get back to u on that in a few years..............

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

treasureace12....I believe this body is just a shell...once I am gone ....I wont know anything....When I go to Heaven ,I will have a new body totally pure and perfect....I dont need this old casing......You are right....Life is Beautiful and thats why we each should get as much out of it every single day that we are breathing.
I believe when people die that we should rejoice in the knowledge that the next time they open their eyes they will be in Heaven ....free of pain or hurt or sickness.

treasureace14

Dec 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace250

get the most outa life as possible.make the best of it all.never say i hate u because it may be the last u talk.love everyone.feel no limits and live for the moment......cause it may be your last.now im not saying u should be in a hurry to die.but dont get to aquanted with eart as u say its just 1 big shell.earth covering hell.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well, no one is promised to be alive tomorrow... you never know what a day will bring into your life, or take away from it.
To know that you're promised Heaven is the most important thing you'll ever know on this side of life.
I'm glad you know that TreasureAce!
That's something that no one will ever be able to take away from you... not even the grave or death itself!
I'm with you though, I hope that no one cries at my funeral... but rather remembers what my life meant, and knew that I lived for God.
My only prayer is that once these lungs take their final breath, that others around me will have been affected by my life... hopefully in an eternal way. :)

Bran <><

treasureace14

Dec 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace250

i know just one thing.
befor i die
i will leave my mark on this buetifull world.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005

— 3 0 —​

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

I know what my epitath on my grave stone wil be..."age 98, shot by jealous lover"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread