Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    735 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: 5 year old pull tab, by far, best ever.

diver* would explain a lot -- its a disease of the colon -- basically its a constantly infected set of bowels --and often causes major problems, massive painful cramping , bleeding and pain -- often folks are told to do massive changes in their lifestyles by their doctors to help stave off attacks -- no nuts or corn, or other foods that might "hang up" and lay off fatty foods and booze (basically eat healthy, soft easy to digest foods ) -- its often cause by poor diet and geneic problems -- in some of the worse cases -- they lop out a chunk of your colon -- not fun --- so get it checked out and take better care of yourself --

Jun 2007
    25 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

thanks for that ivan, most of my bleeding i think is coming from my arteries, calf, neck and finger, maybe from complications of un treated bleeding diverticlum. [arteritis]?
    the drs wont help me , they say its only in my head, "delusional treasure hunting eco nut "they say. the pain has moved to my chest since july and now its realy bad..

When I bury my treasure I am gonna throw pulltabs everywhere

Aug 2007
    Central Texas
    Ace 250
    1 times

When my son was 3, hes now 5, he swallowed a penny. We didn't know it at first cause he couldn't tell us much. It also didn't seem to bother him. We would go out to eat and he could drink and eat any type of soft foods but when he would eat solids he would eat like crazy and then puke it back up. This went on for several months. We would take him to the Dr. and they would say he has a synus infection or some other type of infection. He took lots of medicine to get him over this "infection". We finally had enough and took him to a 3rd Dr that tried to get a MRI done but we couldn't get him to drink the barium. So we went to Cooks Childrens hosipital in Dallas. They thought he had acid reflux so they ordered another MRI. We physically held him down and forced the barium down him. Once they took the scan they found that a penny was lodged sideways in his throat. My temper instantly went through the roof. We had been going to the docs for about 4 months and this whole time my son had a penny lodged in his throat. The littlest thing could have caused him to suffocate. They did emergency surgery and got it out. They were afraid that his throat had grown around the penny. If this happened then they would have had to cut his throat and do reconstrutive surgey to repair it. Luckily this wasn't the case. Needless to say this could have been lawsuit city but I don't believe in that. We just told the other doctors where to put our bills and if they didn't like it, then we would consider a lawsuit.

I guess the moral to the story is you might want to get it checked out by many doctors because in the end it may cause more damage than originally thought.

This is also the most expensive penny I have bought.

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    735 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

if doctors knew it all they would all live to be 100. -- half the time their guessing.

Sep 2007
    Depoe Bay Oregon
    Whites XLT
    12 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Give me a call im cheaper than a Dr.
    LOL
    Glad you found out the problem
    I dont know how Doctors get ther licence some times
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Big_knife.jpg 
Views:	1333 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	178438  

us
    Ed

Sep 2006
    Alabama
    Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by ivan salis
    if doctors knew it all they would all live to be 100. -- half the time their guessing.
    That's exactly right! That's why they call it "Practicing Medice" because half the time they don't have a clue. Seems like a lot of wasted time spent in school on the doctors part and a lot of big money spent on doctor bills on the patients part for them to just be practicing. LOL!! That just makes everyone big ole lab rats.
    Just kidding. Even though there's a whole lot of quacks out there, I've met some goods ones as well.
    Good Luck to ya,
    Ed

Feb 2006
    Poplar Bluff, Missouri
    ACE 250, 'big bud' by bounty hunter, aqua vision
    1 times

" there is no way a swallowed pull tab could be causing you troubles after all that time"

not so. a tab could lodge anywhere such as the appendix, or in an area of blockage caused by some anomally in the digestive tract. and besides, the detector sounds off as a pull-tab,so something is there.
    take care & hang in there hmmm,
    bruizr
    I have found silver and i've found gold- more than
    a few buckets of trash untold.
    We think what we seek is in the ground
    but where our heart is
    there will our treasure be found, for
    If you count blessings of freedom & health
    good friends and fond memories
    you have true wealth.

us
    Nov 2007
    South-Central Iowa
    Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
    1 times

Not metallic, but my uncle fell asleep with a toothpick in his mouth. He swallowed it and it worked its way into his intestine. It eventually went through the wall of his intestine and into his abdominal cavity. It worked its way down into his leg, where it finally got infected. Long story short, our local surgeon operated on his leg for an unknown infection, and removed a toothpick! My uncle made it into several medical textbooks thanks to that toothpick. Nothing is too outrageous to be real. He is now 80+ years old and still going, even though he is operating on 1/3 of a heart, with an abdominal aneurysm and several other things that should have killed him years ago. Bless his heart! Anything is possible.

littledutch

Nov 2007

I swallowed my diaphram turkey call a couple of years ago.
    Now every time I fart it sounds like a turkey gobbling.

Very embarrassing.

ROCKY

us
    Mar 2007
    Michigan
    Whites V3i
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by littledutch
    Not metallic, but my uncle fell asleep with a toothpick in his mouth. He swallowed it and it worked its way into his intestine. It eventually went through the wall of his intestine and into his abdominal cavity. It worked its way down into his leg, where it finally got infected. Long story short, our local surgeon operated on his leg for an unknown infection, and removed a toothpick! My uncle made it into several medical textbooks thanks to that toothpick. Nothing is too outrageous to be real. He is now 80+ years old and still going, even though he is operating on 1/3 of a heart, with an abdominal aneurysm and several other things that should have killed him years ago. Bless his heart! Anything is possible.

littledutch
    I remember watching an episode of "House" a few weeks ago where there was this patient that had internal bleeding and the doc's were stumped, until they found the toothpick that was inside and poking every now and then to cause the bleeding. I know the show was fiction but I thought it was possible, and you have confirmed it.

I think anything that goes in and does not digest or come out has a chance of causing trouble.

us
    Apr 2007
    kentucky
    white xlt

I swallowed a pen once. I remember the doctor telling mom to make sure it passes or it could get stuck and cause problems. He said to check for bleeding because as it went through it could scratch something. So you never know.

us
    Dec 2007
    Charlottesville, Virginia
    White's DFX, White's Prism II, Tesoro Sand Shark
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by hmmm
    for 4 years i have had horrible health problems, internail bleeding was the big one.
    I was trying to find a new dr, to try help me find out whats wrong the last one called me nuts and said find a new dr.
    i mentioned to my bro "5 years ago, i swallowed a pull tab in a beer and I never had a x ray".
    he said , you got a mxt , do it your self. hmmm whearing no metal , i move past the coil and boom, a pull tab rings out on the detector.
    . , i found the treasure, the least i can can do, is let the dr dig it out. yess.

It's Hmmmmm Greatest hits week!

Charter Member
    CANE FIELD BANDITS and IRON BRIGADE MEMBER

Jun 2006
    Moonlight and Magnolias
    Fisher F75, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver ÁMax
    1959 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by vthepresident
    Quote Originally Posted by hmmm
    for 4 years i have had horrible health problems, internail bleeding was the big one.
    I was trying to find a new dr, to try help me find out whats wrong the last one called me nuts and said find a new dr.
    i mentioned to my bro "5 years ago, i swallowed a pull tab in a beer and I never had a x ray".
    he said , you got a mxt , do it your self. hmmm whearing no metal , i move past the coil and boom, a pull tab rings out on the detector.
    . , i found the treasure, the least i can can do, is let the dr dig it out. yess.

It's Hmmmmm Greatest hits week!
    AWESOME bump!
    2014 CaneField Bandits Totals:
    181? Cut Quarter of an 8 Reales
    1826 Two Reales
    1815 Ferdinand 1 Real
    1829 Cap and Rays 1 Real
    1876-S Seated Quarter
    Five Seated Half Dimes: Two 1840-O Half Dimes, 1842-O, 1848-O and 1857
    1876-CC, 1876-S, Two 1887 and an 1888 Seated Dimes
    U.S.S. New Orleans Silver Pendant (1890s)
    Large New Orleans Hallmarked Silver Spoon
    185? Large Cent
    Confederate Pelican Civil War Button
    1840s Convex Eagle Militia Button
    CW Eagle "I" Button
    CW Era "snake" Sword Hanger
    Blacksmith-Forged Picket Pin
    1941 Walking Liberty Half Dollar
    1896 Barber Quarter
    1943, 1954, and 1963-D Quarters
    1902-O Barber Dime
    1945 and 1945-S Mercury Dimes
    1864-L Indian Head Cent
    186?, 1866, and a Dateless Shield Nickel
    Assorted Civil War Bullets and Musketballs
    Plantation Tokens
    Indian Head Cents, Wheats, Buffaloes, and GawGag
    OUR 2013 YEAR-END POST: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...-end-post.html
    OUR 2012 YEAR END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/20...ml#post3120940

Any relics, coins, or other items appearing in my finds signatures were found on PRIVATE PROPERTY with total consent and permission from the owners of said property.

us
    Aug 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
    39 times

speaking of colons...a couple of years ago my spousal unit had to have a colonoscopy. As he was in recovery the doc gave me an update, instructions for when hubby is home along with 2 color photos of the SU's colon.

I thought about it and ALMOST made one of the colon shots the front of our X-mas cards that year with the caption, "Deck the bowels"

Charter Member
    CANE FIELD BANDITS and IRON BRIGADE MEMBER

Jun 2006
    Moonlight and Magnolias
    Fisher F75, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver ÁMax
    1959 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by vibes
    speaking of colons...a couple of years ago my spousal unit had to have a colonoscopy. As he was in recovery the doc gave me an update, instructions for when hubby is home along with 2 color photos of the SU's colon.

I thought about it and ALMOST made one of the colon shots the front of our X-mas cards that year with the caption, "Deck the bowels"

2014 CaneField Bandits Totals:
    181? Cut Quarter of an 8 Reales
    1826 Two Reales
    1815 Ferdinand 1 Real
    1829 Cap and Rays 1 Real
    1876-S Seated Quarter
    Five Seated Half Dimes: Two 1840-O Half Dimes, 1842-O, 1848-O and 1857
    1876-CC, 1876-S, Two 1887 and an 1888 Seated Dimes
    U.S.S. New Orleans Silver Pendant (1890s)
    Large New Orleans Hallmarked Silver Spoon
    185? Large Cent
    Confederate Pelican Civil War Button
    1840s Convex Eagle Militia Button
    CW Eagle "I" Button
    CW Era "snake" Sword Hanger
    Blacksmith-Forged Picket Pin
    1941 Walking Liberty Half Dollar
    1896 Barber Quarter
    1943, 1954, and 1963-D Quarters
    1902-O Barber Dime
    1945 and 1945-S Mercury Dimes
    1864-L Indian Head Cent
    186?, 1866, and a Dateless Shield Nickel
    Assorted Civil War Bullets and Musketballs
    Plantation Tokens
    Indian Head Cents, Wheats, Buffaloes, and GawGag
    OUR 2013 YEAR-END POST: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...-end-post.html
    OUR 2012 YEAR END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/20...ml#post3120940

Any relics, coins, or other items appearing in my finds signatures were found on PRIVATE PROPERTY with total consent and permission from the owners of said property.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors