possumheaded

Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
if doctors knew it all they would all live to be 100. -- half the time their guessing.
That's exactly right! That's why they call it "Practicing Medice" because half the time they don't have a clue. Seems like a lot of wasted time spent in school on the doctors part and a lot of big money spent on doctor bills on the patients part for them to just be practicing. LOL!! That just makes everyone big ole lab rats. ;D
Just kidding. Even though there's a whole lot of quacks out there, I've met some goods ones as well.
Good Luck to ya,
Ed

bruizr

Feb 4, 2006
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, 'big bud' by bounty hunter, aqua vision
" there is no way a swallowed pull tab could be causing you troubles after all that time"

not so. a tab could lodge anywhere such as the appendix, or in an area of blockage caused by some anomally in the digestive tract. and besides, the detector sounds off as a pull-tab,so something is there.
take care & hang in there hmmm,
bruizr

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
Not metallic, but my uncle fell asleep with a toothpick in his mouth. He swallowed it and it worked its way into his intestine. It eventually went through the wall of his intestine and into his abdominal cavity. It worked its way down into his leg, where it finally got infected. Long story short, our local surgeon operated on his leg for an unknown infection, and removed a toothpick! My uncle made it into several medical textbooks thanks to that toothpick. Nothing is too outrageous to be real. He is now 80+ years old and still going, even though he is operating on 1/3 of a heart, with an abdominal aneurysm and several other things that should have killed him years ago. Bless his heart! Anything is possible.

littledutch

rocky

Greenie
Nov 2, 2007
I swallowed my diaphram turkey call a couple of years ago.
Now every time I fart it sounds like a turkey gobbling.

Very embarrassing.

ROCKY

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
littledutch said:
Not metallic, but my uncle fell asleep with a toothpick in his mouth. He swallowed it and it worked its way into his intestine. It eventually went through the wall of his intestine and into his abdominal cavity. It worked its way down into his leg, where it finally got infected. Long story short, our local surgeon operated on his leg for an unknown infection, and removed a toothpick! My uncle made it into several medical textbooks thanks to that toothpick. Nothing is too outrageous to be real. He is now 80+ years old and still going, even though he is operating on 1/3 of a heart, with an abdominal aneurysm and several other things that should have killed him years ago. Bless his heart! Anything is possible.

littledutch

I remember watching an episode of "House" a few weeks ago where there was this patient that had internal bleeding and the doc's were stumped, until they found the toothpick that was inside and poking every now and then to cause the bleeding. I know the show was fiction but I thought it was possible, and you have confirmed it.

I think anything that goes in and does not digest or come out has a chance of causing trouble.

wannabeafinder

Apr 5, 2007
kentucky
Detector(s) used
white xlt
I swallowed a pen once. I remember the doctor telling mom to make sure it passes or it could get stuck and cause problems. He said to check for bleeding because as it went through it could scratch something. So you never know.

vthepresident

Dec 30, 2007
Charlottesville, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Prism II, Tesoro Sand Shark
hmmm said:
for 4 years i have had horrible health problems, internail bleeding was the big one.
I was trying to find a new dr, to try help me find out whats wrong the last one called me nuts and said find a new dr.
i mentioned to my bro "5 years ago, i swallowed a pull tab in a beer and I never had a x ray".
he said , you got a mxt , do it your self. hmmm whearing no metal , i move past the coil and boom, a pull tab rings out on the detector.
. , i found the treasure, the least i can can do, is let the dr dig it out. yess.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It's Hmmmmm Greatest hits week!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vthepresident said:
hmmm said:
for 4 years i have had horrible health problems, internail bleeding was the big one.
I was trying to find a new dr, to try help me find out whats wrong the last one called me nuts and said find a new dr.
i mentioned to my bro "5 years ago, i swallowed a pull tab in a beer and I never had a x ray".
he said , you got a mxt , do it your self. hmmm whearing no metal , i move past the coil and boom, a pull tab rings out on the detector.
. , i found the treasure, the least i can can do, is let the dr dig it out. yess.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It's Hmmmmm Greatest hits week!

AWESOME bump! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
speaking of colons...a couple of years ago my spousal unit had to have a colonoscopy. As he was in recovery the doc gave me an update, instructions for when hubby is home along with 2 color photos of the SU's colon.

I thought about it and ALMOST made one of the colon shots the front of our X-mas cards that year with the caption, "Deck the bowels"

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:
speaking of colons...a couple of years ago my spousal unit had to have a colonoscopy. As he was in recovery the doc gave me an update, instructions for when hubby is home along with 2 color photos of the SU's colon.

I thought about it and ALMOST made one of the colon shots the front of our X-mas cards that year with the caption, "Deck the bowels"

:tard:

vthepresident

Dec 30, 2007
Charlottesville, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Prism II, Tesoro Sand Shark
I stumbled across a pirate shipwreck while detecting a beach once. I was trying to figure out what section of the ship I had uncovered, so I researched some seventeenth century schematics of similar ships, and it turns out I had found the POOP Deck.

Goodnight everybody!!!

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rocky said:
I swallowed my diaphram turkey call a couple of years ago.
Now every time I fart it sounds like a turkey gobbling.

Very embarrassing.

ROCKY

LOL, Now that's funny right there! HAhaha!

Steve

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once swallowed bubble gum and the next day blew bubbles out my rear end. Really. ;D

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to be able to fart the alphabet.

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BuckleBoy said:

if you would have swallowed a sharp" pull tab ",you could have kept alittle higher pitch with a sharp note :dontknow:.

Nova Treasure

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nova treasure said:
BuckleBoy said:

if you would have swallowed a sharp" pull tab ",you could have kept alittle higher pitch with a sharp note :dontknow:.

Nova Treasure

A piano dropped down a mine shaft plays in the key of "A-flat minor." ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread