5 year old pull tab, by far, best ever.

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for 4 years i have had horrible health problems, internail bleeding was the big one.
I was trying to find a new dr,  to try help me find out whats wrong  the last one called me nuts and said find a new dr.
i mentioned to my bro "5 years ago, i swallowed a pull tab in a beer and I never had a x ray".
he said , you got a mxt , do it your self.  hmmm  whearing no metal , i move past the coil and boom, a pull tab rings out on the detector.
. , i found the treasure,  the least  i can can do, is let the dr dig it out.  yess.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
My lady accidentally swallowed a pulltab a couple years ago.

She's sleeping now, think she'd freak if she awoke with an alien waving some
space probe over her body that goes beep?

If it doesn''t give a signal I guess it proves .......ready........ "all things must pass"

man it's getting late, and winter isn't even half over!

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OHAIO had to quit drinking 4 years age, 1 beer is all it took to cause bleeding.
prong horn, if she never had a ex ray, either get one or do as i did.

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
My blessing to you Paul and to your healing.

Try the 3 x 5 search head which may help to locate the pull tab more exactly. This information may aid the doctor in his discovery process... and in turn could save your life.

Regardless of your choice I wish you good health once again

Sanat

vthepresident

Dec 30, 2007
Charlottesville, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Prism II, Tesoro Sand Shark
I really wouldn't worry about it still being in there. a pull tab is small enough to pass right through. It was almost certainly gone within a few days of being swallowed, where it went to the sewer, then to the river, then to the ocean, then onto the beach.......uh oh, any one of us could have dug the offending tab. What coast are you on?

No, seriously, I hope you get to feeling better, but trust me, I am in the business, and there is no way a swallowed pull tab could be causing you troubles after all that time.

Get well soon,
V

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well at least get a x ray ---- cuz sumpins got to be in there to make the detector sound off and that can't be good for ya .

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
V, I read a case where a pull tab got caught in a esophigical diverticlum.  i have diverticulosis scattered througout my entire colon. also the tab is the type where the tab part stays on the can, there is quite a hook on the part that comes of the can. with that said, v you could be right, i think its just picking up the iorn in my ststem, when i put the detector on cion and jewerly mode it's harder to get a good reading.

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Interesting story and who's to say that a tab could not have lodged in there somehow? If you get pull tab signals then why can't the medical team find it?? Keep us posted and good luck.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Back in the 1960's my dad accidentally shot himself with a BB while aiming at a stray dog. (That was acceptable back in those days). He got the BB out, or so he thought until last year when he had a hand xray.

The doctor asked "did you ever get shot in the hand with a BB"?

lol

:D

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Over the years of earning gray hairs various kids have swallowed coins.
We've tracked them with a metal detector.
I can't recall one ever taking more than 3 days to go under the radar.

R M P T R

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
hmmm - my lady has never had any ill effects from the pull
tab, she figures it was gone in a few days. Sorry if you are suffering and I
would see a doctor as soon as possible. I would be very surprised if your
problems are traced to a swallowed pull tab.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, but please don't talk about your colon any more.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
diver* would explain a lot -- its a disease of the colon -- basically its a constantly infected set of bowels --and often causes major problems, massive painful cramping , bleeding and pain -- often folks are told to do massive changes in their lifestyles by their doctors to help stave off attacks -- no nuts or corn, or other foods that might "hang up" and lay off fatty foods and booze (basically eat healthy, soft easy to digest foods ) -- its often cause by poor diet and geneic problems -- in some of the worse cases -- they lop out a chunk of your colon -- not fun --- so get it checked out and take better care of yourself --

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for that ivan, most of my bleeding i think is coming from my arteries, calf, neck and finger, maybe from complications of un treated bleeding diverticlum. [arteritis]?
the drs wont help me , they say its only in my head, "delusional treasure hunting eco nut "they say. the pain has moved to my chest since july and now its realy bad..

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
When my son was 3, hes now 5, he swallowed a penny. We didn't know it at first cause he couldn't tell us much. It also didn't seem to bother him. We would go out to eat and he could drink and eat any type of soft foods but when he would eat solids he would eat like crazy and then puke it back up. This went on for several months. We would take him to the Dr. and they would say he has a synus infection or some other type of infection. He took lots of medicine to get him over this "infection". We finally had enough and took him to a 3rd Dr that tried to get a MRI done but we couldn't get him to drink the barium. So we went to Cooks Childrens hosipital in Dallas. They thought he had acid reflux so they ordered another MRI. We physically held him down and forced the barium down him. Once they took the scan they found that a penny was lodged sideways in his throat. My temper instantly went through the roof. We had been going to the docs for about 4 months and this whole time my son had a penny lodged in his throat. The littlest thing could have caused him to suffocate. They did emergency surgery and got it out. They were afraid that his throat had grown around the penny. If this happened then they would have had to cut his throat and do reconstrutive surgey to repair it. Luckily this wasn't the case. Needless to say this could have been lawsuit city but I don't believe in that. We just told the other doctors where to put our bills and if they didn't like it, then we would consider a lawsuit.

I guess the moral to the story is you might want to get it checked out by many doctors because in the end it may cause more damage than originally thought.

This is also the most expensive penny I have bought.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
if doctors knew it all they would all live to be 100. -- half the time their guessing.

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give me a call im cheaper than a Dr.
LOL
Glad you found out the problem
I dont know how Doctors get ther licence some times

Attachments

• Big_knife.jpg
    Big_knife.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,391

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread