What irks me?

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Looks like your day has gone from bad to worse. sorry. we all have 'em. Find the honey-do list and make some brownie points. And lock up those batteries in your glove box!! Wassa matter with you??? 8) Get creative! And every now and then glance down and read your bottom signature. :-* :-* :'(

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I do read it all the time. But a person needs a little "me" time every once in a while. I never yell at the kids when they steal the batteries either I just ask them to tell me when they take them.

I will survive it is only 30 outside right now anyway. I hunt in the cold but it takes a lot out of you when you do...

I even cooked two nights ago and cleaned everything up afterwards. ZERO brownie points.

Oh well

When you detector shuts off because it is too cold out and won't come back on... that irks me!

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
TreasureTales said:
I complained because I had no shoes....then I met a man who had no feet.

If that is supposed to make me feel better he can have my wife who has WAY too many pairs of shoes. Hey you never know they might just fit him. ;) :D ;D ;D :D

If you will look at the title of this post it is what irks me, I am just putting down things that irk me and had hoped others would do so as well.

It irks me that my hunting buddy would rather go to dinner tonight with his wife for their 15th anniversary rather than detecting with me. ;) ;) :D ;D (Congrats on 15 BB)

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Ok, I'll rephrase. It irks me when my friend is too far away to share some blush and swiss and encouragement. :)

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
it irks me that every day cannot be a group hunt with all the wonderful people on this forum and even a few of the not so wonderful...

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
TreasureTales said:
mastereagle22 said:
it irks me that every day cannot be a group hunt with all the wonderful people on this forum and even a few of the not so wonderful...

Oops, I hope I'm not in that category - if I am, that would IRK me. ROFLMAO. :D ;D ;D :'( :'(

Nope if you were you would know. ;) :) :D ;D

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
all I was saying is that there are some people on this forum that make EVERYONE mad at them...

As far as I know you aren't one of them.

People that might be labeled as jerks or other non-nice adjectives...

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
TreasureTales said:
mastereagle22 said:
all I was saying is that there are some people on this forum that make EVERYONE mad at them...

As far as I know you aren't one of them.

People that might be labeled as jerks or other non-nice adjectives...

LOL, there are plenty of members who would consider me a jerk or some other non-nice adjective. That's mostly in the Politics forum, but it spills into other categories as well. I can't help myself, I enjoy irritating people - it's a fault of mine. I like to be IRKsome. hehehe

Face it, you're an "Irker". You and Cappy Z oughtta get a room...... :D :D :D

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
OK I am taking the post back over NOW please...

it irks me that I only own two metal detectors, I want MORE!!!!!

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
It erks me when I'm two miles down the beach and a thunderstorm hits. :o

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
i got one this happened two days ago.i drove to the top of a mountain here in massachusetts. i had a four wheel drive jeep just to get up to this very secluded spot in a state forest here. this area has had its unfair share of illegal trash dumpers. roofing material toilets garbage etc etc. so i was up there about one hour on my way back down i noticed a large pile of fresh garbage i know it wasnt there when i went up. so i pulled over looked at the garbage bag that was totally ripped open with its contents spread all over. to my a,mazement a store receipt was presant with the empty boxes that were puchased at the store plus numerous cans and bottles. even more amazing was the recently expired truck registration with the owners name and address on it. puchased item was dated 1/22/08 just two days prior. plenty of evidance to locate and convict this trash dumper. i called the local police took the info i gave them then proceeded to tell me that the area i mentioned is in the jurisdiction of the ENVIROMENTAL POLICE located 65 miles away. i was able to locate the correct office to call which i did they took my name and number and told me they will forward it to the officer who will take care of this matter. he should call me either that day or the day after. im still waiting. im not sure if the trash dumper irked me more or less than the four differant agencies who didnt feel like doing there job. i know if i called the dumper personally and told them to pick up there trash i would have these guys at my home threatening arrest for harrasmment or what ever else they could think up. so i think ill go pick up the trash and bring over to there house. where the trash pick up is free. which also irked me that they would drive way up a hill to dump garbage that they could have put at the curb for free.i wont even talk about the motorboat i found up on top of the mountain in a brook not more than two feet wide . i cant even understand how they got it there. especially when they had to drive past an auto wrecking yard to get there. totally stupid people. yeah im irked. kiddrock33

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
i metal detect a lot and am always amazed where i find garbage i usually bring a garbage bag with me. and pick up the trash i find as i detect. it just bewilders me to think what goes through peoples minds like where do they think this stuff goes. i live very close to these people i think ill drive by just to see what type of atmosphere they live in. one time i got a pretty good signal from a tree way up in the woods here . inside that hollow tree was about twenty beer cans. i live in a town where you can put your trash on the curb for free because they thought people would dump in the woods if they charged a fee like our neighboring towns do. so we get people from our neighboring towns brining there garbage to our city and placing at our curbs . to avoid paying for there trash removal. its a catch 22 for sure. in springfield ma i saw a litter sign that had a 10,000 dollar fine for littering. that seems a bit much but i cant blame em. kidd

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
If you had lite the trash on fire the cop would grow jurisdiction, incinerating trash is much worse then dumping it ya know. Ever think about returning the lost items to their rightfull owner. You could dump it on the lawn but personally I would run a "lost and found" ad listing the items and the name on the registration.Those ads are often free and the public shame,,,priceless.

T

trish76642

well my oppinion if they look at cha funny cuz your medal detecting, their just jelous cuz they dont have one.....

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People who dont fill in there holes
People who dig trash up and leasve it laying there
People who hunt somewhere with out permission, and Im not talking ares where you would think is probably ok, but areas that common sense would tell you to ask 1st.
People who want to come hunt your good spots but dont invite you to there spots
People who mess up so bad at an area no one else can get permission to hunt there

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
TreasureTales said:
I prefer Red whine with Cheddar cheese - and in lieu of that, a good hunk of jerky with a Pepsi. See, it's easy to keep me happy. But then I have no spouse and no children who swipe my batteries. ;)
Gotta disagree with you here. Jerkey? Yes! Pepsi? No...... Dr. Pepper, nectar of the gods. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread