How Long Can Beer Be Stored????

S

stefen

I found several hidden cases of bottled Mexican Corona beer in my garage recently...one is maybe 2 years old...

What is the life span of beer in bottles?

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I know, some of you will offer to test the contents first before you offer an opinion...I'm going to hold out for the opinion first...then its a beer bust time until my septic system burps ;D

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pop one open and see if it has any "fizz" left to it. If it does, give it a taste. If it tastes good, drink it. :) Generally beer is good for 4-6 months after the "born on" date, I don't think Corona has a date, personally I wouldn't drink it. I'd sell it to a pack of illegals at the nearest Home Depot if I were you. :o

OP
OP
S

stefen

If I test the beer with a pregancy wand at least it will tell me the gender of the contributor ;D

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
It depends on temp fluctuation and amount of exposure to light. IMO after the 2nd or 3rd it doesn't matter anymore ya won't taste em. I never bought a beer in my life, I just seem to rent them for an hour or two.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont think its good but try one. I dare you. :D......aa

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(probably bad,hot-cold-hot-cold,probably depends on the temp,when i was yourger we'd keep beer in the car trunk,well one night we're drinking away and i noticed these little things floating around(mold)i'll dedicate all my frostys tonite in honor for your beers that were never drank.how do you(find) cases of beer in your garage?wish i had that problem

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
I dug this old still sealed Bud can up from a coupla feet of river bottom sand last summer and posted it. Has the old style pull tab from probably the 70's and is full of "liquid" . I keep it on the shelf but have no intentions of consuming it. Your beer has to be better. If in clear bottles though light affects beer and it gets "skunky" in weeks not years.

Attachments

• 000_1691.JPG
    000_1691.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 259
OP
OP
S

stefen

bomber said:
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(probably bad,hot-cold-hot-cold,probably depends on the temp,when i was yourger we'd keep beer in the car trunk,well one night we're drinking away and i noticed these little things floating around(mold)i'll dedicate all my frostys tonite in honor for your beers that were never drank.how do you(find) cases of beer in your garage?wish i had that problem

We, on occassions, have a large a BBQ along with wash tubs of iced beer and soft drinks. Always seem to buy more that what can be consumed so we stored it in the garage...and after a while it gets buried under mountains of junk.

Last week end I cleaned the garage so I could get to my lathe and bandsaw...and lo and behold I found cases of soft drinks and beer...hell, I even found a Bessler enlarger that I've been meaning to sell...Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Most of the soft drinks are the lo-cal type that tastes like crap anyways, so I really don't care what people think when they drink that crud...

The beer on the other hand is my best find of the new year...Mexican Gold ;D

Probably should put a date on each case like I do for future food experiments I put in the frig...

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
can you say "skunk" as in pepe le pew? don't thing your going to like it -- got a "bad" freind you like to get rid of whos a booze hound -- give him a gift ;) yeck

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bomber said:
how do you(find) cases of beer in your garage?wish i had that problem
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/2007/09/beerfridge3.jpg

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have one on me

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mexican Corona beer has a shelf life of 3 years.

B

From Corona:

Corona is the number-one selling beer in Mexico and the leading export ... The brew contains 8% alcohol, has a shelf life of three years

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:
Mexican Corona beer has a shelf life of 3 years.

B

From Corona:

Corona is the number-one selling beer in Mexico and the leading export ... The brew contains 8% alcohol, has a shelf life of three years
make that have 2 on me

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
beer these days is pasteurized and will keep for years although it probably wont taste very good. generally speaking, with beer, fresh is a good thing. ;)

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not positive, but I believe Coors is still the only company that will not guarantee their beer after a certain time.

Coors will replace any beer (free of charge) after 3 months at the bar or the store level.

B

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Edde:
That just ain't right.
Well I guess the beer is back in the gutter where he found it. ;D

I had some really old beer stored in a building and this homeless guy broke in and drank it all.
It was Billy beer and stuff of that caliber. He was still alive when I found him asleep in my truck in the morning.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:
Coors will replace any beer (free of charge) after 3 months at the bar or the store level.
that happened to me in june i got a case of horse pee
called them on up
gave them the info off the can stock #'s
they asked the price ,18 bucks ,they mailed out a check
then i returned the beer i got
and exchanged it for another case (diff stock #)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread