R.I.P. Heath Ledger

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
So Mary, how long have you had the ability to see into the future??

My post to you was more on the basis of how you toss in a perverted point of view, hence "get your mind out of the gutter" being said first.

If you truly had sympathy for his family and friends you would not slander him(with out cause or any ground to stand on at this time) here on the internet.

Lonnie

p.s. I guess it's about time you start yelling "personal attack", for someone who despises political correctness you sure wave the flag alot.

Disclaimer: In no way is this a personal attack, I like Mary I just don't agree with her all the time. This is one of those times.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I did not know who Heath Ledger was....nor did I know he was in that movie...but I chose not to see that movie...had I seen it...maybe I would have known who he was.

Either way, he's gone on to greener pastures now, regardless of how he got there....whether is was done on purpose or by accident...May he rest in peace.
Annmarie

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
This just goes to show all of us that it may look like someone has the perfect life, or that they are rich, famous and happy but the reality might be something entirely different. I did not see BBM and I will not watch it. I did however see a lot of his films and I think he was a gifted actor.

It is indeed sad when a human being gets to the point where they see taking their own life as their only option. Not saying this is what he did. We won't know until the autopsy results are final in a couple of weeks and then maybe not even then. A wise person once told me riches and stardom often drive people to the brink of insanity and sometimes pushes them over.

All I can say is rest in peace Heath...

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
Lonnie, let me take you by the hand and lead you to the facts because you don't seem able to put all the pieces together for yourself.

Heath Ledger was BEST KNOWN for his role as a gay cowboy - I didn't have anything to do with that - it was entirely his choice to take that part. I was surprised that GuyInBack had not heard of him because of all the publicity, commericials, and chat about the movie - it was the most publicized movie of that time. And my comment about "two gay guys with one rod" was about their ruse to go fishing every time they wanted to meet - they only had one fishing rod with them - that's what I remember anyhow. If you read something into my post then I suggest you are the one with the "perverted point of view." My comment at worst was a pun - having a dual meaning - while on the other hand you are the one who saw only the "perverted point of view."

But then I must remember that I'm trying to explain something to a person who obviously wants to remain righteously indignant rather than see the truth. Have at it Mr. Bleeding Heart. Please stop using me as a scapegoat for your own shortcomings.

Tell 'em like it is, TT. All these folks whining their crocodile tears along with the newsies' constant coverage is really sickening. All these people in Hollyweird offing themselves when they think their lives are on a little rocky section of road do not deserve anything, but pity for their devaluation of their own lives. Does anyone here know the name of the gunner who died yesterday in Iraq when his vehicle was blown over by an IED? He / she is the person who truly deserves the attention. NOT some actor who has not contributed anything to society or his country---other than some tax payments.

Please excuse me while I puke. >:(

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Tell 'em like it is, TT. All these folks whining their crocodile tears along with the newsies' constant coverage is really sickening. All these people in Hollyweird offing themselves when they think their lives are on a little rocky section of road do not deserve anything, but pity for their devaluation of their own lives. Does anyone here know the name of the gunner who died yesterday in Iraq when his vehicle was blown over by an IED? He / she is the person who truly deserves the attention. NOT some actor who has not contributed anything to society or his country---other than some tax payments.

I made a rant just like this when Anna Nicole Smith died...

treasurehunter505

Oct 30, 2007
Bottomline is , he was a good actor and he made alot of good films. People dont understand what they go thru being famous it isnt easy.

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i try to go thru life understanding theres problems and inconvenences,its up to you to know tthe difference.problem=cancer,life-threatening,and such,inconvenences=no cable,don't get paid enough,i gotta big nose,my wife has a big nose,my car dosen't run,my md isn't top of the line,i get paid millions to make movies

OP
OP
hollowpointred

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
keep in mind everyone that suicide has not been determined as the cause of death. it is just too early to tell right now. im sure we will all know in the days to come.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I have finally read about who this guy was. I'm sorry he is dead, but wow, the news coverage.

I became irritated at the amount of airtime this was getting and cutting out the real news. This deserved a short blurb at best. There is a lot more in the world going on, that has a far greater impact on all of us.

If it was suicide, shame on him. Most insurance policies do not pay on suicide and the surviving family is really screwed. This family however, will get the tons of cash from royalties and residuals for a lifetime, so they are probably okay financially. If it was an accident, well, it's a sad accident... but complete and total news coverage? Yikes...

I guess my life is pretty interesting and I don't live vicariously through sports figures or Hollywood actors, that's probably why I can't name a bunch of them, or recite their life's history. I don't recall ever seeing one of this fella's movies though... but from the photo I saw of the Joker, wow, that is really sad. Seems like someone turned a fun movie into something that will scare the crap out of my grandkids.

Slicing bloody straight razors, gay cowboys... no wonder I never saw him, not my kind of films.

And by the way, since it was asked earlier:

Since March 2003, 3,194 American soldiers (and 8 military civilians) have died in Iraq.

Yesterday America lost Army Staff Sgt. Justin R. Whiting, 27 from Hancock, N.Y. He died in Mosul when his vehicle struck an explosive.

America also lost Army Spc. Richard B. Burress, 25, Naples Fl. He died in Arab Jabour when his vehicle struck an explosive device.

Yarrum

Mar 13, 2007
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Jackeroo, BH Landstar
The goddam media make me sick!!! Like a pack of bloody dingos lurking outside his apartment.
They didn't even let the man be carried out with any dignity, they had to film the whole bloody thing. They need to back off and let his family deal with this in peace. I know that he's in the public eye but a line has to be drawn at some point.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Yarrum said:
The goddam media make me sick!!! Like a pack of bloody dingos lurking outside his apartment.
They didn't even let the man be carried out with any dignity, they had to film the whole bloody thing. They need to back off and let his family deal with this in peace. I know that he's in the public eye but a line has to be drawn at some point.

Yarrum, I am in total agreement with you on this one.....

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just read that they found a rolled up 20 dollar bill,six different prescipton drugs,the bill was taken in for testing...........but of all the movies he made the paper lists him as the "28 year old brokeback mountain star"

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
bomber said:
just read that they found a rolled up 20 dollar bill,six different prescipton drugs,the bill was taken in for testing...........but of all the movies he made the paper lists him as the "28 year old brokeback mountain star"

But the New York Police Department has just announced that testing on the bill found no drug residues.

Now, now tell the whole story bomber. ::)

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats just what the paper said,i'm not dumping on the guy,at the end of the day i really don't care either way,on purpose or accident..............thats the whole story ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::).......not everyone has an agenda

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
It just keeps getting worse, story below from MSNBC(link included below coppied story).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The radical Baptist church known for picketing the funerals of American soldiers who lost their lives in Iraq has announced that they intend to protest Heath Ledger’s stateside memorial service because he played a gay character in “Brokeback Mountain.”

“You cannot live in defiance of God. He (Ledger) got on that big screen with a big, fat message: God is a liar and it's OK to be gay,” said Shirley Phelps in a statement sent out by the Topeka, Kan.-based Westboro Baptist Church.

The only compelling reason to ignore Westboro Baptist’s reprehensible intentions is that highlighting the vast inappropriateness of their thoughts and actions only brings the church more publicity. However, if the members of Westboro Baptist get to speak their minds, every individual who feels that this is an affront to most basic standards of human ethics should be able to as well.

“Wow, that should make his family feel great,” one person close to Ledger said angrily in response to the announcement. “I seriously don’t understand what is wrong with people. This is the last thing his family needs.”

The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) told me, “We sincerely hope that Heath Ledger is laid to rest and his family is allowed to grieve in a private and peaceful ceremony.”

On Jan. 22, GLAAD said that “Heath Ledger will forever be remembered for his groundbreaking role as Ennis del Mar in ‘Brokeback Mountain.’ His powerful portrayal changed hearts and minds in immeasurable ways.” Those close to Ledger agree. But moreover, those close to him want Ledger to be remembered as a man who loved his family and appreciated the career he’d had.

To be fair, the people of the Westboro Baptist Church aren’t the only ones displaying poor taste. Fox News’ John Gibson on Jan. 22 opened his radio show with funeral music and mocked a signature line from “Brokeback,” saying, “Well, he found out how to quit you.” (When Gibson was contacted to explain his comments, he declined.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22813570/

I'm appalled at some peoples behavior, and they think they are speaking gods word by protesting a funeral.

All well I guess hell ain't half full yet.

Lonnie

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Daily Mail reports that Ledger had been addicted to heroin and spent several days in rehab while filming the Batman movie in Chicago............thats the whole story

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Yeah, and the national inquirer says that Elvis was abducted by the same alien that represented OJ Simson in his murder trial. ::) ::)

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
THE POST IS " REST IN PEACE "!!!!
Some of you are respecting that and others need the definition.
It was a nice gesture of hollowpointred to start this post in good taste, but what some of you others are doing is simply childish and disrespectful. I was taught and still believe that you should let the dead rest.
Nobody on this site has the right to judge anybody! We have the convenience of our mistakes and downfalls not being publicized unlike celebrities. None of us know what this young man was truly like in real life.
We do know he was a very talented actor and leaves behind a daughter and most likely a very loving family.
When it comes down to it, at the end of the day he was no different that you or I. However he left this world
whether it be natural or self inflicted it is a loss. For every flaw that some of you point out about him, I'm sure you have your own to match it. Try and put more effort in making someone smile and not soo much in judging others! If I have offended any of you then I am honestly sorry but some of you just arent thinking right. Johnny

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I liked the guy as an actor, well before Brokeback and after. He wasn't one of those stars on the front page every other day for one reason or another. He had an issue with drugs and he got divorced? How many people in this country face those same issues? Just because he was famous didn't make either one of them any easier to deal with.

But some of you folks here are making it seem like he deserved to die, or that he had it coming simply because of who he was or what he did. That is wrong, pure and simple. Don't speak ill of the dead, will you? Didn't your parents raise you any better than that? ???

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes harvester its a global conspiracy against ledger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread