R.I.P. Heath Ledger

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Not to change the subject but I worked with a nurse assistant once that wrote vital signs down on patients all the time without checking them. One shift we had a patient expire right at the change of shift and she didn't know about it. She had every 2 hour vital signs on a person that wasn't even alive anymore for 8 hours! Needless to say she didn't work there anymore.

I don't know if he did it on purpose or not. What real difference does it make? I am sad that a person died the way he did as young as he was. That should be what the main issue is.

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
mastereagle22 said:
Not to change the subject but I worked with a nurse assistant once that wrote vital signs down on patients all the time without checking them. One shift we had a patient expire right at the change of shift and she didn't know about it. She had every 2 hour vital signs on a person that wasn't even alive anymore for 8 hours! Needless to say she didn't work there anymore.

I don't know if he did it on purpose or not. What real difference does it make? I am sad that a person died the way he did as young as he was. That should be what the main issue is.

At the very least he should have been in the care of a doctor, so at least the doc knew what drugs he was taking. At the worst, I have no pity for him or anyone else who takes their own life. Only ones that get hurt are the loved ones left to wonder why. Cowardice in my book.

John

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
mastereagle22 said:
I don't know about the insurance angle but if you think about it it sounds a lot better if you say someone accidentally OD'd rather than committed suicide.
Well, of course any family member would much rather see accidental death rather than suicide, but I'm fairly certain ME's also take other evidence into account when making a determination of death.

OP
OP
hollowpointred

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
blurr said:
mastereagle22 said:

At the very least he should have been in the care of a doctor, so at least the doc knew what drugs he was taking. At the worst, I have no pity for him or anyone else who takes their own life. Only ones that get hurt are the loved ones left to wonder why. Cowardice in my book.

John

thats the problem, he was in the care of several doctors in several different countries. one doctor prescribes one thing, another prescribes something else, and so on. i had no idea this post would take the turn that it did. i guess my original point was that its sad.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
hollowpointred said:
blurr said:
mastereagle22 said:

John

thats the problem, he was in the care of several doctors in several different countries. one doctor prescribes one thing, another prescribes something else, and so on. i had no idea this post would take the turn that it did. i guess my original point was that is sad.
Very accurate and true.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Holy Crap!! Who let you people out of the rubber room? ??? ???

The bottom line is that a very talented actor died. While I don't agree with the Hollywood lifesyle, I still believe in honoring his life. He was a son, a father, a brother, and a friend.

Yes, the media will be flooded with stories and speculation about it. Let's not be like the media....let's give our respects and move on.

Rest in peace, Heath Ledger. :-\

Yarrum

Mar 13, 2007
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Jackeroo, BH Landstar
Mona Lisa said:
Holy Crap!! Who let you people out of the rubber room? ??? ???

The bottom line is that a very talented actor died. While I don't agree with the Hollywood lifesyle, I still believe in honoring his life. He was a son, a father, a brother, and a friend.

Yes, the media will be flooded with stories and speculation about it. Let's not be like the media....let's give our respects and move on.

Rest in peace, Heath Ledger. :-\

Thank you, well said.

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its just a discussion,theres been posts where members discuss the wars and the people that have died there,talking about one man or one hundred dying, its nothing personal,good or bad,but everyone has a right to their opinion and the right to say it.i do think its ok to talk about cause it does open people eyes to the fact that combining drugs ,even at a low dosage in dangerous.........if it is in bad taste as some say,let the Mods take care of it,if they deem it as bad or good it is up to them

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
Johnny Ringo Silver said:
THE POST IS " REST IN PEACE "!!!!
Some of you are respecting that and others need the definition.
It was a nice gesture of hollowpointred to start this post in good taste, but what some of you others are doing is simply childish and disrespectful. I was taught and still believe that you should let the dead rest.
Nobody on this site has the right to judge anybody! We have the convenience of our mistakes and downfalls not being publicized unlike celebrities. None of us know what this young man was truly like in real life.
We do know he was a very talented actor and leaves behind a daughter and most likely a very loving family.
When it comes down to it, at the end of the day he was no different that you or I. However he left this world
whether it be natural or self inflicted it is a loss. For every flaw that some of you point out about him, I'm sure you have your own to match it. Try and put more effort in making someone smile and not soo much in judging others! If I have offended any of you then I am honestly sorry but some of you just arent thinking right. Johnny

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
lucky1777 said:
I am sorry for this guys family that he died, but I could really care less. Why make a big deal out of this?

I agree, I'm done with this thread. I thought we were having conversation about his death. I do feel sorry for the guys family.

John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread